Raphinha - Now on deferred wages at Barca / UNLUCKY LuckyScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If the price really is 65M or nothing, let's just leave it there. He would be great and massively improve our attacking options but if he's set on Barcelona, i'd rather we didn't get into a DeJong situation. Use the money to get Martinez, Jesus and Tielemans and it will already be a very good window. Vieira can get some gametime on the right to rest Saka.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If the price really is 65M or nothing, let's just leave it there. He would be great and massively improve our attacking options but if he's set on Barcelona, i'd rather we didn't get into a DeJong situation. Use the money to get Martinez, Jesus and Tielemans and it will already be a very good window. Vieira can get some gametime on the right to rest Saka.
He has his mind dead set on Barcelona. He will wait until Barcelona's pursuit offically over before entertain Arsenal's contract offer. Barcelona on the other hand is trying to renew Dembele and also sell FDJ to raise fund before make their move. This will drag on.

I would rather go for Michael Olise instead.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
It can only come from one place: KSE. If everything pans out, these 2 summer window will be exceptions rather than the norm. We've had to clear so much deadwood, we couldn't even field a team to play. :smirk:
EL + 5 subs rule + new US owner at Chelsea makes for a great dick measuring contest. They're also financing a refurbishing of the Emirates.

Yeah. There is a loan facility extended to the club.

The Kroenke family own almost half of Walmart common stock. About time they are throeing thier weight behind th
Kroenke was effectively in control for many years where you spent nothing. I don’t see Saka signing a new deal and I see City very much going for him as they seem to be happy to let two wide players go.

He was the majority owner, but not full owner. Ever since he became full owner we have invested pretty heavily - not always to plan though.

As for Saka. Like I said, he is still on holiday. Never underestimate the power of being a local lad. To sign for City, that would be incredibly shallow, which Saka is not.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is one of those players that I think will really step up and become a top class player in a better side - he is already one of the best players in the league in his position. As I've said before I really would hate to see him go to Arsenal.

flappyjay

He is one of those players that I think will really step up and become a top class player in a better side - he is already one of the best players in the league in his position. As I've said before I really would hate to see him go to Arsenal.
Same sentiments. I feel at a better team he can rise to a mahrez level or better.

Redcy

Still expensive at 65m though, probably a good player for them, EtH would have to go back to playing like Ziyech/Neres did, which would expose us in midfield more.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Same sentiments. I feel at a better team he can rise to a mahrez level or better.
But then this would be Man City or Liverpool. Why would you want that to happen?

Dont you want to bridge the gap? Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United are 3-6 jostling for the 3rd and 4th and trying to emerge as contenders to the Liverpool and City duopoly that has occurred in the past seasons

LuckyScout78

Raphinha is kind of player i would love to play football with. Simply because i will get the ball from him.

Raphinha is really good to dribble
Raphinha had really good long shoot
Raphinha can score goals
Raphinha is hard working

And the reason why i would love to play football with him. Is his passing foot. Raphinha pin and deliver long passes so much feeling in it and it looks so easily.

I would love to play with Raphinha.
Ronaldo will love to have Raphinha his teammates.
Same for Uniteds CFs and attacking players.

Here is the visual evidence of Raphinha wonderful pass foot. Raphinha pin and get the ball where he want it. Thumbs up for that. Looks closely the way he pin and hit the ball.

Raphinha is sharp and at the same time good to set up others. Raphinha good to make others good.

United relations on the pitch:

Raphinha -------> Ronaldo/Rashford/Sancho/Bruno

Eriksen --------> Ronaldo

Bruno---------> Ronaldo/CF/Raphinha

De Jong------> Ronaldo, Raphinha/Bruno

And how to line up those relations: In 433 and total football formation :

Raphinha - Eriksen/Bruno - Fred/Garner/De Jong - Bruno/De Jong - Sancho/Rashford +

CF : Ronaldo/Rashford

And Raphinha play 433 and total football under Bielsa and Leeds. And i don't know the different between RW for Leeds 433 inspired by total football and RW for Ten Hag Ajax inspired by total football.

Raphinha - Dallas - Phillips - Klich - Harrison + Bamford CF. Bielsa was playing 433 and total football.

Same as Pep and City 433 football inspired by total football.

Raphinha knows how to play 433 and total football. Nothing to be afraid and concern of it.
Raphinha can drible and can play pass and movement football like the dutch football.

Its all about the price and how much every interrest club are willing to pay for Leeds.

flappyjay

But then this would be Man City or Liverpool. Why would you want that to happen?

Dont you want to bridge the gap? Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United are 3-6 jostling for the 3rd and 4th and trying to emerge as contenders to the Liverpool and City duopoly that has occurred in the past seasons
I would rather see him go abroad than to any top 6 rival. Its already tough having Man City and Liverpool do better than us, adding arsenal to that list would make it even more disgusting.

Redcy

Raphinha is kind of player i would love to play football with. Simply because i will get the ball from him.

Raphinha can score goals
Raphinha is hard working

And the reason why i would love to play football with him. Is his passing foot. Raphinha pin and deliver long passes so much feeling in it and it looks so easily.

Here is the visual evidence of Raphinha wonderful pass foot. Raphinha pin and get the ball where he want it. Thumbs up for that. Looks closely the way he pin and hit the ball.

Raphinha is sharp and at the same time good to set up others. Raphinha good to make others good.

Raphinha - Eriksen/Bruno - Fred/Garner/De Jong - Bruno/De Jong - Sancho/Rashford +

And Raphinha play 433 and total football under Bielsa and Leeds. And i don't know the different between RW for Leeds 433 inspired by total football and RW for Ten Hag Ajax inspired by total football.

Raphinha - Dallas - Phillips - Klich - Harrison + Bamford CF. Bielsa was playing 433 and total football.

Raphinha knows how to play 433 and total football. Nothing to be afraid and concern of it.
Raphinha can drible and can play pass and movement football like the dutch football.

Its all about the price and how much every interrest club are willing to pay for Leeds.
Raphinha is also terrible on the ball, being a very risk heavy player, resulting who loses the ball a lot from the wing and in the build up. Thats why he wont be a first choice for ETH

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On the fence about him, personally. I think there’s a lot to like but I just don’t know if his game will translate well enough for a bigger side — I.E. will he cut out the looseness and heroball-ism to his game and still offer enough of what has teams interested to begin with?

Nick.

I don't understand why we are letting Arsenal have a free run at this player. This transfer strategy of putting Frenkie first above all else feels so damaging and foolish to me.

Rojofiam

I can live with missing out IF we get Antony
Raphinha is much better and more proven currently, likely would cost around the same amount. Makes no sense to not be in for Raphinha at all whilst chasing Antony. The latter should be our plan B.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I don't understand why we are letting Arsenal have a free run at this player. This transfer strategy of putting Frenkie first above all else feels so damaging and foolish to me.
Free run? We've hardly even been linked to him, and ETH would prefer Antony...

city-puma

Raphinha can score goals
Raphinha is hard working

I approve this. Well said!

iamjacks

What a player. Be gutted if Arsenal manage to get him in.

I look at him compared to Antony and see someone who already knows what the PL has in store for him, who creates in a Leeds team lacking in players capable of finishing, and is ready to take that next step up.

I am not saying Antony isn't talented, he clearly is and knows the manager well. But I just love a player with not only skill, pace and power, but most importantly is direct with this and has good decision making.

Like Rashford once was with the pace and power, but with better decision making and from the RW.

Antony screams of RW Sancho. Not necessarily a bad thing, and it depends how Ten Hag wants us playing of course. But I don't know if many teams could accomodate both flanks having these players.

Shame it seems like Arsenal, and Barca at a push now.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
What a player. Be gutted if Arsenal manage to get him in.

I look at him compared to Antony and see someone who already knows what the PL has in store for him, who creates in a Leeds team lacking in players capable of finishing, and is ready to take that next step up.

I am not saying Antony isn't talented, he clearly is and knows the manager well. But I just love a player with not only skill, pace and power, but most importantly is direct with this and has good decision making.

Like Rashford once was with the pace and power, but with better decision making and from the RW.

Antony screams of RW Sancho. Not necessarily a bad thing, and it depends how Ten Hag wants us playing of course. But I don't know if many teams could accomodate both flanks having these players.

Shame it seems like Arsenal, and Barca at a push now.
He only wants Barca. I have no idea if he has agreed terms with Arsenal or open to move to arsenal.

Redcy

Player has said he only wants to go to Barca, Leeds want 65m and if people think De Jong took time to negotiate Leeds would make us sweat like hell.

Add in that Raphinha gets turned over a lot he would put a lot of pressure on RB and midfield.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Do Arsenal really need to be spending so much on someone like him? Or are they pretending their midfield and defence is good enough now?

edcunited1878

Do Arsenal really need to be spending so much on someone like him? Or are they pretending their midfield and defence is good enough now?
Arsenal probably don't think they'll keep Saka. And they still have a 72M quid dud in Pepe. They can't fit Odegaard, Saka, Raphiniha, Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, potentially Jesus and Nketiah in just 4 positions.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal probably don't think they'll keep Saka. And they still have a 72M quid dud in Pepe. They can't fit Odegaard, Saka, Raphiniha, Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, potentially Jesus and Nketiah in just 4 positions.
How are you going to fit Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, FdJ, Martial, Rashford and Antony in 4 positions ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How are you going to fit Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, FdJ, Martial, Rashford and Antony in 4 positions ?
Saka is a starter isn't he? Martial and Rashford no longer are. We don't need to fit them in. They have to prove they're good enough to even be here.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Saka is a starter isn't he? Martial and Rashford no longer are. We don't need to fit them in. They have to prove they're good enough to even be here.
Sancho is a starter isn't he ? Nketiah and Smith-Rowe no longer are. We don't need to fit them in.
Anyway both Saka and Raphinha can play on the left and switch during the game: it's a non issue. We had 0 depth, last season starters (half are 20y old by the way) become depth.
If (massive if) Saka doesn't renew, we'll have his replacement already in and will look for a depth option next summer with the Saka money. I don't see the issue.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sancho is a starter isn't he ? Nketiah and Smith-Rowe no longer are. We don't need to fit them in.
Anyway both Saka and Raphinha can play on the left and switch during the game: it's a non issue. We had 0 depth, last season starters (half are 20y old by the way) become depth.
If (massive if) Saka doesn't renew, we'll have his replacement already in and will look for a depth option next summer with the Saka money. I don't see the issue.
Ah okay. I thought you had someone who has nailed down the LW spot (Smith Row or Martinelli).

ole@thewheel

If I have to pick between a £60m deal for Raphinha or Antony I would pick the former. It will be a tough decision but PL experience just wins it for me.

However, I can see Antony being way cheaper than that.

dinostar77

If I have to pick between a £60m deal for Raphinha or Antony I would pick the former. It will be a tough decision but PL experience just wins it for me.

However, I can see Antony being way cheaper than that.
Id pick Raphina as well mainly because signing anthony requires a new RB to provide the overlapping fullback that allows Anthony to cut in and do his stuff.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Easy when one of the above is a CM and another is on the sell list

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Id pick Raphina as well mainly because signing anthony requires a new RB to provide the overlapping fullback that allows Anthony to cut in and do his stuff.
It doesn't require a new fullback for Antony to function. All he needs is the instructions of the head coach on to either start wide or tucked into the half space. And the same applies to the fullback will either tuck in or stay wide.

Hughes35

Really like Raphinha as a player but I don't think he's worth 65 Million.

For 40 or 45 I'd take him though.

dinostar77

It doesn't require a new fullback for Antony to function. All he needs is the instructions of the head coach on to either start wide or tucked into the half space. And the same applies to the fullback will either tuck in or stay wide.
I waa going by the video @raaes made on his pythagoras in boots channel on youtube. Paraphrasing him, to get the best out of Anthony requires an attacking fullback capable of the overlap. Neither AWB or Dalot are that fullback.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I waa going by the video @raaes made on his pythagoras in boots channel on youtube. Paraphrasing him, to get the best out of Anthony requires an attacking fullback capable of the overlap. Neither AWB or Dalot are that fullback.
I disagree that you need a overlapping fullback to get the best out of Antony. You can quite easily utilise him to good effect by either asking him to maintain a starting position out wide with Mazraoui tucked in to provide the underlap or with Antony tucked in and Mazraoui out wide providing the overlap. And Mazraoui was the half back (inverted full back) in a lot of games last season.

What the first equation has the potential of creating is space for the free man due to overloading the half spaces along with the centre space. And that will then open up space for a winger positioned wide who will naturally come inside and into the space that opens up.

dinostar77

I disagree that you need a overlapping fullback to get the best out of Antony. You can quite easily utilise him to good effect by either asking him to maintain a starting position out wide with Mazraoui tucked in to provide the underlap or with Antony tucked in and Mazraoui out wide providing the overlap. And Mazraoui was the half back (inverted full back) in a lot of games last season.

What the first equation has the potential of creating is space for the free man due to overloading the half spaces along with the centre space. And that will then open up space for a winger positioned wide who will naturally come inside and into the space that opens up.
I will have to take your word for it as i havent seen him play in a match, just seen the video i mentioned above.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I will have to take your word for it as i havent seen him play in a match, just seen the video i mentioned above.
No worries mate.

What we need is to work towards having a functional team from back to front. And whether ten Hag wants Antony to maintain width or come inside and operate as a inverted wide forward will depend on how he sees the whole collective. So if he thinks Antony is best utilised out wide to begin with then the fullback will come inside and operate like a midfielder on the ball.

But it's important to have players who can interchange roles, so the fullback and wide forward should rotate positions, which will make us unpredictable and make it difficult for the opponent due to the off the ball movement potential it will create also.

That's assuming we sign Antony..

Redcy

People would have a seizure if we went for raphinha at 60m especially as it would be a last day deal

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He has his heart set for Barcelona but if Barca cant do the deal then i would prefer him over Antony. He has already played in PL and is ahead in development also. Just 3 years older than Antony

Status
Not open for further replies.