Raphinha - Now on deferred wages at Barca / UNLUCKY LuckyScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
Will be really interesting (in a bad way - if you are a Leeds-fan) to see what line-up Leeds will have in august

Long Time Red

Meh. Doesn't close the gap on Liverpool City and doesn't pull them away from the Spurs/Arse/Utd pack in my opinion.
It gives them a different dimension.

They struggled against City and LIverpool so that sort of lineup pressing more aggressively might help them in those fixtures going forward.

PoTMS

Just survived last season and now Philips and Rafinha are gone. They'll do well to stay up this season.
That team needs a lot of investment. Even if they reinvest half of the £110m they've received, it isn't a bad budget.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Meh. Doesn't close the gap on Liverpool City and doesn't pull them away from the Spurs/Arse/Utd pack in my opinion.
Yep Chelsea continue to lack that special player to tie it all together

RedorDead21

That team needs a lot of investment. Even if they reinvest half of the £110m they've received, it isn't a bad budget.
really? Surely losing their 2 best players having only just survived 55m isn’t going to replaceone of them probably. I’d say they need all that money and then some to stay up.

Rolaholic

Sterling and Raphinha, fair play to them.

Going to be big upgrades on Ziyech and Lukaku

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just survived last season and now Philips and Rafinha are gone. They'll do well to stay up this season.
They got £110m for the pair. That’s more than enough to invest well.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Meh, would have been really nice but CL + most of the 60M upfront is another ballpark. Fair play to Chelsea's new owner, he's putting money on the table.
Hopefully we find someone else to help Saka on the right.

Nero

I don't think Spurs are all that, Chelsea either considering their defence.
Spurs are seriously overhyped on here. I guess it's because of the weird cult of Conte that goes on around these parts.

Zoo

Meh, would have been really nice but CL + most of the 60M upfront is another ballpark. Fair play to Chelsea's new owner, he's putting money on the table.
Hopefully we find someone else to help Saka on the right.
Maybe the guy you spent £72m on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Spurs are seriously overhyped on here. I guess it's because of the weird cult of Conte that goes on around these parts.
Conte is really good, I just don't think there's any clear favourites for 3rd or 4th, most teams aren't even close to concluding their summer business.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

They struggled against City and LIverpool so that sort of lineup pressing more aggressively might help them in those fixtures going forward.
Maybe. Dunno if the ends justify the £60m+ means. Although all the talk seems to be that Boehly is going to splash the cash big time this summer.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Conte is really good, I just don't think there's any clear favourites for 3rd or 4th, most teams aren't even close to concluding their summer business.
All top 6 clubs are investing heavily this window. Man City and Liverpool probably will get 2 spots in top 4, so only 2 spots left for chelsea, arsenal, spurs and Man united.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All top 6 clubs are investing heavily this window. Man City and Liverpool probably will get 2 spots in top 4, so only 2 spots left for chelsea, arsenal, spurs and Man united.
I think it's also worth mentioning that one of the English teams are likely to be the favourites for the EL which gets a CL spot.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Sterling and Raphinha, fair play to them.

Going to be big upgrades on Ziyech and Lukaku
Sterling and Raphinha can score at least 15 goals each per season. Chelsea will have lots of fire power upfront next season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

City yes (and even that was a lot down to Lukaku playing up front instead of doing what worked the previous year) but I wouldn't say we struggled against Liverpool, quite the opposite infact.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
When does UEFA’s coefficient thingy start? Doesn’t that mean that essentially the top 5 will qualify?

Rolaholic

I don’t think he’s worth that
Definitely not, cost more than a PL winner and PFA POTY cost in Mahrez not long ago but Leeds were always going to take whoever bought him to the cleaners.

Especially any PL clubs who wanted him.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I don’t think he’s worth that
Yup, agree. Also never really got the transfer for us - would have much rather seen that money spend on a midfielder or striker, even Martinez makes more sense. Saka and Raphina's best positions are the same.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I’ve never really got his hype so I’d go along with that
I also don't believe Ben White and Ramsdale worth the money, or Grealish. It is just supply and demand. Seems lots of clubs are interested in Raphinha's service so Leeds can ask for more money.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Think he’s a very useful player with obvious quality. He’ll be a good player for Chelsea but not a huge game changer over what they have. But that’s not always the point. Sometimes it’s about making the system work better. And in Sterling, Havertz and Raphinha Chelsea will be back to a balanced, fluid front three, who aren’t afraid to cover the ground pressing. Good signing if you’ve got the money spare.

With Mount, CHO, Pulisic, Werner, and Ziyech have depth too. Although you expect a couple of those to leave.

phelans shorts

I also don't believe Ben White and Ramsdale worth the money, or Grealish. It is just supply and demand. Seems lots of clubs are interested in Raphinha's service so Leeds can ask for more money.
I agree with you on White and Grealish. Despite Ramsdale’s year behind that horrid Sheffield United team he looked good at Bournemouth and was one of the most impressive keepers in the league last season.

All those players do have another attribute that drives their price up more though, the need for domestic players in a squad to meet quotas. Raphinha doesn’t have that going for him, however.

Pickle85

I've quite liked him whenever I've seen him but (again from minimal viewing) he seems to drift in and out of games a bit and blows a bit hot and cold. Could go either way, this one, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.