Rashford and Martial are a problem

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mods please either lock this thread or take Rashford out of the title. Rashford is hitting 20+ goals in two consecutive seasons and is one of our most influential players.

EliotTheRed

Not sure what wage he’s on, but I’d keep him as the rotation option for Rashford. Obviously if he’s on massive wages then it wouldn’t make financial sense for him to be on the bench 80% of the time.

He absolutely shouldn’t be a regular starter for us, and definitely isn’t a number 9. Last season he was clearly much better, but teams were a bit more open for us to counter attack. Against teams that park the bus he offers very little as his movement is non-existent.

spiriticon

Martial drops so deep to do absolutely feck all. There's no reason for him to be anywhere outside the penalty area since he contributes zero to build-up play.

If you gonna jog around, do it IN the penalty area and maybe get a few tap ins.

mikel

Martial needs to go. Rashford is fine. He's not a pure striker and people need to stop comparing him to top level pure strikers. He is an excellent forward. If United get to the point where Rashford is an issue they'll be looking for consecutive unbeaten, untied seasons. The issue with the midfield and central defense on this team so far outweigh any questions on Rashford that they do not bear consideration.

rooney2009

We have bigger issues than Martial and that is the defence
We shouldn’t be conceding in every game and should be able to win games 1-0
Man City win 1-0 when they are playing badly
We shouldn’t look vulnerable from every set piece

SeanyC

Martial has been a disgrace to the club and teammates in recent weeks. I understand that just sounds like typical online ranting but I've watched United for a very long time and performances like tonight have no place near a club like united.
A disinterested pleb would be best to describe him...not sure what LVG seen in buying him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Martial is off in the summer and he knows it.
I don't think so. We're not gutsy enough to sell someone like him in this climate.
He’s been awful but we’re in no position to be selling players like him.

We need to buy attackers before we start thinking about selling any.
I get your point but he's offering absolutely nothing, playing him at the moment is actively hampering us. He looks like he doesn't want to be here and 2/6 good seasons isn't enough for a team like United, especially when one of those seasons came when he was 19.

Kag

Mods please either lock this thread or take Rashford out of the title. Rashford is hitting 20+ goals in two consecutive seasons and is one of our most influential players.
He’s still arguably part of the problem. Unfortunately, Martial is like a major problem within the problem.

Kag

I don't think so. We're not gutsy enough to sell someone like him in this climate.

I get your point but he's offering absolutely nothing, playing him at the moment is actively hampering us. He looks like he doesn't want to be here and 2/6 good seasons isn't enough for a team like United, especially when one of those seasons came when he was 19.
I agree. He’s been shite. But he’s also significantly better than this, in fairness to him. We also desperately need a right winger (Dan James is playing for feck sake) and Mata and/or Pogba are also on the road out. I don’t think the club are capable of funding a starting right winger and centre forward in the current climate.

LJJT

Every game it’s like playing with 9 or 10 men. Doesn’t matter who is in the forward line up- 2 out of 3 barely impact the game in the last month,

Paxi

He’s still arguably part of the problem. Unfortunately, Martial is like a major problem within the problem.
He’s our 2/3 most influential player alongside Bruno and Shaw.

SER19

A disinterested pleb would be best to describe him...not sure what LVG seen in buying him.
Weve seen glimpses. But he's been here 5 years now and it's clearly time to sell while he might still get a fee.

Paxi

Weve seen glimpses. But he's been here 5 years now and it's clearly time to sell while he might still get a fee.
This applies to everyone in our squad. We’re very wasteful and don’t take anywhere near good enough care of the ball. Just sloppy as hell and that’s down to coaching as well IMO.

SER19

This applies to everyone in our squad. We’re very wasteful and don’t take anywhere near good enough care of the ball. Just sloppy as hell and that’s down to coaching as well IMO.
Not everybody in the squad plays as poorly as martial as often

Giggsy’s left foot

These two need to be separated. Rashford is a potential world class player, playing from the left to only. Martial isn’t good enough. Time to move him on.

Redlyn

I think at this point its fair to say just martial is a problem. Rash often frustrating but Martial is just rubbish. My favourite player spot is vacant since Carrick and martial was the closest to it but he's gone and ruined it now.

K Stand Knut

These two need to be separated. Rashford is a potential world class player, playing from the left to only. Martial isn’t good enough. Time to move him on.
whilst I agree that it is unfair to lump both Rashford and Martial in to the same category, Rashford is so far from being world class.

He is never a number 9 and I’ll defend him that the tactics don’t help with his performances but he is just not good enough, IMO.

Far too inconsistent and terrible decision making

cyberman

whilst I agree that it is unfair to lump both Rashford and Martial in to the same category, Rashford is so far from being world class.

He is never a number 9 and I’ll defend him that the tactics don’t help with his performances but he is just not good enough, IMO.

Must be around 20 goals this season as an inside forward and we are barely over halfway.
A lot of fans dont know what they want from Rashford and its clouding their judgement. He isnt a creator, he isnt a number 9. Hes a very potent inside forward who stretches teams and scores every other game and is extremly difficult to stop. He basically is our front 3 this season.

MalcolmTucker

Rashford scores a world-class goal, which is his 18th this season and still people are complaining.

Martial once again served up tepid shite.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Martial never plays with a smile on face anymore.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There was an amazing moment where Shaw was on the ball, deep in their half. Standing still as statues, about 5 yards either side of him, were Martial and Rashford. Is it even possible for us to be any easier to defend against?!

To be clear, I thought Rashford had a good game. It’s the fact that neither of them seem capable of playing as a 9 that messes us up.

Flexdegea

Crazy post.

He's been balling on season the left. Can't slice and dice it any other way.

Rashford scores the opening goal, wins a penalty, tears their right-back to shreds all game.

Come back to RedCafe at full-time: "he's just not good enough".

Red_toad

Yep fully agree, he's our second most influential player and he's lumped into a thread with a player who isn't even trying.