Premier League Player/Manager/Goal of The Month Thread

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Doesn't even get into the top 5 for United's player of the month.

Smores

Goals make the difference I guess. He wasn't even decent across a full 90mins yet this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
EA SPORTS Player shortlist

Philip Billing (BOU)

P2 W1 D1 L0 G2 A0
The central midfielder scored half of AFC Bournemouth's September goals, sparking a 3-2 turnaround win at Nottingham Forest with a screamer before also netting in a 1-1 draw at Newcastle United. It's the first time Billing has been nominated for the award.

Kevin De Bruyne (MCI)
P2 W1 D1 L0 G0 A3
The Belgian moved two clear at the top of this season's assists chart, setting up three of Manchester City's four goals scored in September.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (TOT)
P2 W2 D0 L0 G1 A1
The Dane helped Tottenham Hotspur extend their unbeaten start to the season, scoring the opener in a 2-1 win over Fulham before setting up a goal against Leicester City.

Alex Iwobi (EVE)
P2 W1 D1 L0 G0 A1
Iwobi has caught the eye in a new, deeper central-midfield position, helping Everton hold Liverpool to a goalless draw before setting up a goal against West Ham that gave the Toffees their first win of 2022/23. Iwobi's performances put him in contention to win the award for the first time in his career.

Jacob Ramsey (AVL)
P2 W1 D1 L0 G1 A1
Aged just 21, Ramsey set up Aston Villa's goal in their 1-1 draw with Man City before going one better by scoring the winner against Southampton. His displays have too earned him a maiden nomination.

Marcus Rashford (MUN)
P2 W2 D0 L0 G2 A2
Rashford was directly involved in a league-high four goals in September, assisting the winner at Leicester and playing a part in all three goals as Manchester United ended Arsenal's perfect start.

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary (GB)
P1 W1 D0 L0 G16 A0
Liz was directly involved in a league-high 13 cancellations in September, including a clean sweep in Gameweek 7. Followed it up with 3 more postponements the week later.

Last edited:

Ekeke

De Bruyne the only one that should be on there. Billing and Hoj have been very good, but Odegaard and Martinelli deserve to be on there more

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
De Bruyne the only one that should be on there. Billing and Hoj have been very good, but Odegaard and Martinelli deserve to be on there more
Ødegaard in September: Lost 3-1 at OT. Didn't play against Brentford.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Feels like it has been ages since a EPL game. I can't even remember who stood out. Feck international breaks.

El Zoido

ETH deserved it for sure after that nightmare start to the season.

Hulme91

How does player of the month even work? Dalot, Martinez, Varane and McTominay have all performed to a higher level for Manchester United alone :confused:

stu_1992

Fair play to them, a nice boost I'm sure. Especilly for Rashford, so hopefully this gives him confidence to carry on the good form. As much as he's played well though, I can't help but feel that even from our team alone that Eriksen and Martinez can feel hard done by.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
they need to change those poxy Pringles trophies, Rashy looks like he does not like his salt & vinegar one.

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You lots are whining your own player won an award. Pathetic.

RedDevil-85

Congrats to the both of them.
Should be a small boost of confidence for Rashford , that he is on the right track.
Hope he is fit to start on Sunday.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
God forbid we should be happy for an academy product winning an award (over that Ivan Drago fecker from across town).

RedDevil@84

Awesome. I didn't look at the nominations this month and I wasn't even thinking Rashy would be there. Love that he won it. Hope the good form continues. Important month ahead.