Last 6 games:

Liverpool - 5 offsides
Burnley - 0 offsides
Watford - 0 offsides
City - 2 offsides
Villa - 1 offsides
Wolves - 1 offsides

It was only really the Liverpool game. And just looking at them:

From Pogba at 9' - Pogba could have released it earlier. But, equally, Rashford could have anticipated the extra touches.

Bruno at 35' - Couldn't see on the TV clearly how far offside he was, but this one was probably Rashford's fault because the pass was one touch

Pogba at 39' - Good pass by Pogba, probably wrong to be given offside

AWB at 40' - AWB delayed the pass unnecessarily

Pogba at 84' - Just a bit unlucky

Sure, Rashford could have done better. But this is what happens sometimes when you try to play close to the edge.

Rashford's job was to stretch the play and force Liverpool's high backline back by about 5 or 10 yards. And you know what? He achieved it. 4 of the 5 offsides happened in the first half. Klopp visibly dropped his defensive line back to stop the threat.
brilliant post

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
To start off, I love Rashford as a player and as a person just like everyone else; we can all see that by my username and posts about him.

However, while his general decline in form can be put down to fatigue, which can simply be solved by a rest in the cup game, him being offside every 15 minutes in every game cannot. That is just pure ill-disciplined negligence in his running and laziness. Ole has to drum into him the importance of staying onside when running, because it simply breaks down our counter-attacks and somewhat negates one of our big strengths. It’s these small things which cost you games. I felt we played well yesterday but I’m also convinced that we would have scored if Rashford’s running wasn’t as awful as it was. Maybe he shouldn’t be playing upfront.

Either way, he has to improve that aspect of his game to go to the next level, because imo he’s an excellent player and probably the 3rd best LW in the PL.

Even if rashford was onside for every breakaway he gets he'd still find a way to loose control of the ball or run it into a blind alley.. oh and the rare chance he does get a shot off?? Hes blasting it at the keeper for an easy save.

GoldTrafford99

Even if rashford was onside for every breakaway he gets he'd still find a way to loose control of the ball or run it into a blind alley.. oh and the rare chance he does get a shot off?? Hes blasting it at the keeper for an easy save.

Yeah - just the 21 goals from 39 starts last season. And just the 14 goals from 29 starts this season.

But our 23-year-old who is the best striker to EVER come through our academy in 140-years always 'loses control of the ball and runs into blind alleys.' Caf logic.

Last edited:

Superden

Yeah - just the 21 goals from 39 starts last season. And just the 7 goals from 16 starts this season.

But our 23-year-old who is the best striker to EVER come through our academy in 140-years always 'loses control of the ball and runs into blind alleys.' Caf logic.
I concur, the abuse he gets is ludicrous. Its almost as if unless a striker is scoring a goal a game they must be useless.

VanGaalEra

This is seriously not a problem or a flaw in his game, it’s a major asset of his that he’s on the move and looking to get in behind so often.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Yeah - just the 21 goals from 39 starts last season. And just the 14 goals from 29 starts this season.

You really saying rashford has been clinical this season? Hes squandered so many easy clear chances and he creates so many oppertunities.. those stats you listed are decent on paper.. but watching the games? He should be putting upway better numbers. Hes been terrible in the final third for a while now

stw2022

For me the whole thing where if Rashford touches the ball ANYWHERE in the final third then all other team mates immediately become redundant 95% of the time is my biggest problem with his game

Regardless of how people rate him he is nowhere near good enough to justify such a high level of selfishness. Yes he is capable of scoring but I think the team might create more without him in the team

432JuanMata

We are always a better team - a much better team - with Rashford on the pitch.
Does that say a lot about our team or Rashford ? We obviously are better and he is a very good player but even when he’s having a stinker he rarely stands out because other players are worse.

Anyway back to the topic of the thread he is not offside that much and is obviously a lot better on the left than the number 9 so his timing of his runs aren’t the best but on the left he doesn’t have to worry about it as much

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He must be averaging the most offsides per game in Europe for the past couple of years?

Will Singh

Greenwood right now is a better option and in my opinion already a better player then Rashford. As a professional player I’ve never seen someone be offside so much I just expect it every time the ball is played out to him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would drop him even behind Martial. Greenwood should start over him and I would rather see Martial get some minutes before resorting to Rashford. He's been so poor in general play for so long, its crazy how many chances he gets.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I would drop him even behind Martial. Greenwood should start over him and I would rather see Martial get some minutes before resorting to Rashford. He's been so poor in general play for so long, its crazy how many chances he gets.
:lol: It's quite ironic to say he has been so poor in general play for so long, then say Martial should play ahead of him.

darko

I want Martial out ASAP. Maybe Newcadtle would be desparate enough to take him and his salary.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d rather the minutes went to Mason or Elanga. Martial is still a better player than both (on his top form) but he has no business starting in a pressing side. It’s just replacing one problem with another and on that kind of money you should be a nailed on starter. I’d rather we gave the minutes to players who we really believe can grow and thrive in this new set up and a cut a huge wage off the books

Matthew84!

People seem to forget Rashford spent a very long time out with his broken back and shoulder injury, I think he'll need time, trying to say Martial should Start instead is absolutely moronic, Martial needs to be binned,

Trequarista10

I'd have him behind so many players in our squad right now for one of the front 4 positions. Sancho, Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani, VdB, Greenwood, Lingard even, arguably Martial would really suit the 4222, then you've got youngsters like Diallo, Hannibal and a few others I'd like to see get some chances.

RUCK4444

Wanting to start Martial ahead of Rashford. :lol:
An injured Rashford is twice the player as we saw last season.

He’s just really out of form and low on confidence. I’m not worried about him, give Greenwood a few starts and ease Rashford back into form.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Go figure that Martial does not have a future here.

Rashford will be played into form and rightly so.
Played into form? His general play has been borderline atrocious for many months. You're probably right about who has a future over the other but you don't have half a leg to stand on if you're trying to insinuate that Rashford hasn't been shite, and no better than Martial, over an extended period of time.

The United

Played into form? His general play has been borderline atrocious for many months. You're probably right about who has a future over the other but you don't have half a leg to stand on if you're trying to insinuate that Rashford hasn't been shite, and no better than Martial, over an extended period of time.
Rashford looks disinterested, sloppy and lacking in confidence. But at least with Rashford, he got closer the goal and gave troubles to opponents with pace at times.

Martial hardly ever got into the box anymore nowadays.

Crashoutcassius

like it or not rashford will be important for the new boss as he has the physicality to make up for ronaldo. greenwood, martial, cavani dont have the same.

Swedish_Plumber

Greenwood right now is a better option and in my opinion already a better player then Rashford. As a professional player I’ve never seen someone be offside so much I just expect it every time the ball is played out to him.
It’s work rate. He doesn’t do anything else off the ball right now other than attempt to run in behind.

Now that’s great having that as an outlet, especially when it’s effective. But defenders become aware that’s all he does and it makes the offside trap easier.

Needs to up his game. I mentioned in another thread lately that I hope Ralf doesn’t play guys for the sake of it. We need to rid ourselves of that mentality and keep everyone keen to fight. Sadly at the moment it doesn’t seem like Marcus has a lot of that in him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

yamo123x

His drop in form started a long time ago, many blamed it on his injury which certainly played a part, but it’s no coincidence his off field distractions/ exploits created a different Marcus Rashford....an arrogant almost untouchable aura, which is reflected in his lack of effort and what I call walking playmaker style which doesn’t suit him.

I still think Rangnick will get the best out of him but he needs to work and focus on his game.