Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

momo83

Massive Snowflake
That injury would have happened anyway. He was either gonna be out for 12 weeks last week or this week.
Or... If his original injury was managed appropriately and allowed to heal maybe he would have only been out due 3-4 weeks.

MrPooni

Just finished watching the embargoed section of Ole's latest press conference and he's still floundering on this topic. That's not to say he is to blame in any way (I'm not qualified to make that judgement) but he's not helping himself with some of his answers.

Haddock

Don't know if anyone has picked this up but Ole's own injury hell began in a game against ...... Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Or... If his original injury was managed appropriately and allowed to heal maybe he would have only been out due 3-4 weeks.
From a stress fracture? No way Jose. They wouldn't even see it before it happens.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let him heal fully, whatever is required. Not worth risking him for long term if he cant make it this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What, we all knew this didn't we? We get someone out for many months and Ole immediately says "hopefully not too long" or "at least a few weeks". I'm not sure what he achieves by sugar coating things like that, but I'd definitely prefer a straight forward honest assessment from the get go.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He'll go half-fit to the Euros, come back half-fecked and we'll suffer the consequences next seasons.

I hope United put the fecking foot down and tell him no.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I blame those who were speculating about him scoring over 30

Fecking jinx's

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He'll go half-fit to the Euros, come back half-fecked and we'll suffer the consequences next seasons.

I hope United put the fecking foot down and tell him no.
Your tagline should be updated to "could also be Shakespeare".:lol:

Hopefully he stays at home, rest and comeback stronger. There is too many recent examples of players making more damages to their bodies by rushing for a summer tournament, Umtiti, Neymar and Falcao being examples.

stu_1992

Really bad news to not have Rashford back at the business end of the season. Its looking like it will be very tight for top four and having him back and playing well again would be key for us. Also if we are still in the latter stages of the Europa League. So this news is a massive shame.

Lee565

I Have no sympathy if Ole gets the sack at the end of the season, he completely messed it up by relying so much on rashford and managing properly with giving him periods of rest during the season.

buckooo1978

it was fanciful to think he'd be back so soon

for once don't risk him Solskjaer.

Rashford should be central to this side for the next 10 years given how much he has developed. Short term pain is worth it for long term benefit

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What, we all knew this didn't we? We get someone out for many months and Ole immediately says "hopefully not too long" or "at least a few weeks". I'm not sure what he achieves by sugar coating things like that, but I'd definitely prefer a straight forward honest assessment from the get go.
As I said in the presser thread, it's about timing. At the time we had just missed out on Haaland and there were no signs of any incomings. Fast forward some weeks, we've signed two players and won away against a rival. So from a cynical point of view it makes more sense to reveal the true extent now with the general mood being better than it was.

Also if Ighalo flops the club can use the "we didn't know Rashford was going to be out for the season when the window was open" argument even though they were well aware of it at the time.

Gerald G

Mismanagement. Ole's desperation ultimately caused this. Ighalo has to be a hit or we'll have no chance of top four.

RoyH1

Bad management at fault for this. No two ways around this. They should have gotten a replacement for Lukaku so that Rashford would have more breaks.

Judas

Open to offers
Beyond gutted for him, but sadly expected. Desperately sad for our chance at the Euros and for him too, be livid if he’s risked for it though, it would be a disastrous decision.

mu4c_20le

He's been playing the same number of games as his other seasons so it's a bit harsh to put all the blame on the manager using hindsight. You always play your best players and he's been as important as Ronaldo this year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As I said in the presser thread, it's about timing. At the time we had just missed out on Haaland and there were no signs of any incomings. Fast forward some weeks, we've signed two players and won away against a rival. So from a cynical point of view it makes more sense to reveal the true extent now with the general mood being better than it was.

Also if Ighalo flops the club can use the "we didn't know Rashford was going to be out for the season when the window was open" argument even though they were well aware of it at the time.
Actually, yeah, from the perspective of not being taken advantage of in the market, it makes sense. I just feel it's a pattern.

Judas

Open to offers
He's been playing the same number of games as his other seasons so it's a bit harsh to put all the blame on the manager using hindsight. You always play your best players and he's been as important as Ronaldo this year.
That’s ignoring the obvious fact of the manager and staff pushing their luck playing an unfit player, and the consequences might mean he never reaches the level he was looking potentially destined for.

mu4c_20le

That’s ignoring the obvious fact of the manager and staff pushing their luck playing an unfit player, and the consequences might mean he never reaches the level he was looking potentially destined for.
Mate, if it was that bad then he shouldn't be on the bench.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Your tagline should be updated to "could also be Shakespeare".:lol:

Hopefully he stays at home, rest and comeback stronger. There is too many recent examples of players making more damages to their bodies by rushing for a summer tournament, Umtiti, Neymar and Falcao being examples.
There’s absolutely no way he stays at home, unfortunately. He’s one of England’s best players. The national team will push for it, and more importantly, Rashford will too.

It’s a shame because he absolutely shouldn’t if the injury is that severe, but like most players he probably will.

Then again, when players do try to take the correct amount of time on recovery, they get dug out for it... can’t win.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is it just me or our injuries almost always "worse than originally expected"?

Other than Maguire every single one has been longer than initially thought. Who the feck have we got in our medical dpt.

England never learn from past mistakes, Rashford and Kane will both go and be nowhere near their best, while Danny Ings will be sat on his couch.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rashford is very good but I felt our Euro starting XI would be Sterling Kane Sancho regardless. Or even Sterling Ings Sancho if Kane is injured + Given Ings' amazing form.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looks like that ITK bloke on twitter was right all along. We fecked him.

Wayne's World

I really hope he misses the Euros. Rushing him back could be alot more damage to himself in the coming years and he'll play in more World Cup's and Euros you would think anyway