Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

Member 90887

What, we all knew this didn't we? We get someone out for many months and Ole immediately says "hopefully not too long" or "at least a few weeks". I'm not sure what he achieves by sugar coating things like that, but I'd definitely prefer a straight forward honest assessment from the get go.
Did you read what he said or are you just jumping on him without having a single idea about the reasons he said it might be a few weeks at the begining ?

"He had a scan and it was a more serious fracture than we hoped and expected. He felt fine a few days before that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Did you read what he said or are you just jumping on him without having a single idea about the reasons he said it might be a few weeks at the begining ?
I read it. He'd had a back problem and ankle problems throughout the season. Doesn't take a genius mind to understand that he's been played far too much and the club did not make sure there would be options in the squad to give him the chances of retaining good fitness and health.

Given Ole's absolutely diabolical record of playing injured players, rushing them back too early and being blasé about their injuries, I feel it's pretty fair to lay it at his door.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Terrible news for club and player. A mixture of bad luck and bad management. Played way too many games and we’d best just hope he makes a full recovery.

He really shouldn’t be thinking of the Euros and nor should the club as its a potentially career ending injury if it’s not given the time to heal and all parties should use some common sense.

FlapR

I can see why Ole is getting stick but surely the majority of blame should go to whatever the medical team were doing.

He should rest until the summer and come back properly fit next season. Our entire medical staff should have been sacked years ago. Our record with injury management is pathetic.

DarkXaero

Terrible management, and we may end up paying for it in long-term consequences, since back injuries are no joke, and can permanently affect a player.

RedCurry

He should rest until the summer and come back properly fit next season. Our entire medical staff should have been sacked years ago. Our record with injury management is pathetic.
Agree with everything.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Terrible management, and we may end up paying for it in long-term consequences, since back injuries are no joke, and can permanently affect a player.
It's a fracture, not a muscular injury or disc issue. Once the bone heals he should be fine but he needs to heal completely, rehab and then get back to training on a slow and steady trajectory.

Snuffkin

Injuries happen Rashford was having the season of his life before he got injured. Maybe he should have sat out training and ruled himself out.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Injuries happen Rashford was having the season of his life before he got injured. Maybe he should have sat out training and ruled himself out.
Only the medical team is to blame. Neither the player himself or the manager acts as working doctors, and they aren't qualified to make the correct decisions to questions they don't understand. If either party overruled the doctors it is a serious issue, but if the medical people thought it would be fine then it's obviously just unlucky.

Only the medical team is to blame. Neither the player himself or the manager acts as working doctors, and they aren't qualified to make the correct decisions to questions they don't understand. If either party overruled the doctors it is a serious issue, but if the medical people thought it would be fine then it's obviously just unlucky.
It's not a matter of luck. We've had far too many random injuries and mismanaged returns from injury for it to be that. Its incompetence from our medical team.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's not a matter of luck. We've had far too many random injuries and mismanaged returns from injury for it to be that. Its incompetence from our medical team.
Maybe generally asking those questions is more than justified because we've had an injury crisis in every season since SAF left. But I don't know enough about each specific instance to make an overall judgement on it.

Giggsyking

Our useless manager, not only a bad coach, but he run our only star in the team to the ground because of his ignorance. Disgraceful managment, fuming right now.

90 + 5min

So little understanding how this works. Time to do some learning. I know that there is lot of angry boys and haters in here. Solskjaer has nothing to do with his injury. If he gets ok from medical team then you use him. If not, then you can't use him. It is so simple. But I guess it is always easier to hate.

Reactions: jojojo

Giggsyking

So little understanding how this works. Time to do some learning. I know that there is lot of angry boys and haters in here. Solskjaer has nothing to do with his injury. If he gets ok from medical team then you use him. If not, then you can't use him. It is so simple. But I guess it is always easier to hate.
He can still use him even if he does not get the OK from the medical staff managers has done many times and Ole is one of the, he himself said Rashford was injured before the fecking FA cup game, but despite that he played him in fecking useless cup game, he is not just a stupid manager, but he puts the safety of his players in danger in meaningless games. He did the same with Pogba.

Greck

Everyone knew he was in the red zone. Ole admitted he knew he had a problem and chose to take the gamble. The medical staff advice not overrule. It's why Jose would pressure players to play with injuries despite no doubt being told by the medical team of the ailments. The manager seems to get the most important say

Joeace2020

Pogbas ankle has never been the problem.
What are you even insinating? Pogba ruled himself out for months? You lot will defend Ole however you can. Even if it means throwing a player who the manager made play in a useless game under the boss. Irredeemable.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It's a fracture, not a muscular injury or disc issue. Once the bone heals he should be fine but he needs to heal completely, rehab and then get back to training on a slow and steady trajectory.
There's nothing wrong with what he said. RVP said last month that he had a similar back injury at 19 (stress fracture in lower back) as Rashford and it stayed with him forever, a weak spot that had to be managed for the rest of his career.

Van Persie on Rashford: ''When I was about late 18 I made my debut, after I made my debut I played another six months. Then I had a similar injury, a stress fracture in my lower back. I was out with that for four months.

You can’t really do much, just rest and let it heal. But it is a difficult one because it always stays a little bit of a weakspot.'' ''Even now, it is not that I’m like in pain or something, but it’s a sensitive area. So you have to be really careful with that.”
We all know how injury prone RVP was. So this injury is no joke indeed.

Last edited:

90 + 5min

He can still use him even if he does not get the OK from the medical staff managers has done many times and Ole is one of the, he himself said Rashford was injured before the fecking FA cup game, but despite that he played him in fecking useless cup game, he is not just a stupid manager, but he puts the safety of his players in danger in meaningless games. He did the same with Pogba.
No he can't. If medical team says no, then it is no. If medial team say yes, then it is yes. He can be slightly injuried and as long as medics are saying "it is good to go" than it is good to go. Solskjaer or other managers listen to club doctors. With Pogba it is the same thing. He got ok from medical team and you use him and try to improve his fitness.

Everyone knew he was in the red zone. Ole admitted he knew he had a problem and chose to take the gamble. The medical staff advice not overrule. It's why Jose would pressure players to play with injuries despite no doubt being told by the medical team of the ailments. The manager seems to get the most important say
Red, green or whatever. Doctors decide if a player is healthy enough to play. Healthy doesn't mean 100% fitness. They can't do anything about fitness (that is up to coach and managers) but injuries are decided by medics. Not coaches and managers. If they say it is ok, then you got to trust them.

Greck

There's nothing wrong with what he said. RVP said last month that when he was 19, he was out for 4 months with a similar back injury (stress fracture in lower back) as Rashford and it stayed with him forever, a weak spot that had to be managed for the rest of his career. So this injury is no joke indeed.
Absolutely gutting to know it could screw us over long past when Ole is gone. Will curse everyone involved to no end

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Players get a huge say in matters. I used to know a fella played for Fulham, he told me players who don't want to train or play in a game can say their calf muscle is tight. Impossible to prove it isn't.

Players who are feeling any kind of pain can excuse themselves from matches. If Rashford played then it's because Ole asked him if he felt okay and wanted to play and he said yes.

The big bad Ole schtick is really tiresome.

Greck

No he can't. If medical team says no, then it is no. If medial team say yes, then it is yes. He can be slightly injuried and as long as medics are saying "it is good to go" than it is good to go. Solskjaer or other managers listen to club doctors. With Pogba it is the same thing. He got ok from medical team and you use him and try to improve his fitness.

Red, green or whatever. Doctors decide if a player is healthy enough to play. Healthy doesn't mean 100% fitness. They can't do anything about fitness (that is up to coach and managers) but injuries are decided by medics. Not coaches and managers. If they say it is ok, then you got to trust them.
Practice shows us the manager has a sizable discretion on whether or not to play unfit and partly-injured players especially if the player is willing to go. Medics don't seem to have the power to overrule a manager especially when dealing with injuries where there is discretion to be applied.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Absolutely gutting to know it could screw us over long past when Ole is gone. Will curse everyone involved to no end
Yeah. Carrying around fracture healing devices between matches, in such intense pain that he couldn't even sit down for interviews. Completely insane. Just hope he doesn't go to the Euros if he's not 100%. The list of players who have gone to tournaments crocked and never recovered is endless.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Practice shows us the manager has a sizable discretion on whether or not to play unfit and partly-injured players especially if the player is willing to go. Medics don't seem to have the power to overrule a manager especially when dealing with injuries where there is discretion to be applied.
Err, the manager should most certainly have the power to use players from his subs bench. If the medics deemed him fit enough to make the bench then it's out of their hands. They can't say to the manager, hey mate, you can use him but only for the last 5 minutes in an emergency yeah? He still has a back fracture and this could end his career.

Cpt Negative

It does seem like we get fed a lot of lines about injuries. Rashford was a month or two, now it could be 4 months. McTominay was a month, it’s been 6 weeks and only just returned it to training , Pogba was out for 7 weeks and now it’s 7 weeks and he’s not even close to training with the first time.

seems we have a problem getting players back fit or really struggle to diagnose recovery times

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It does seem like we get fed a lot of lines about injuries. Rashford was a month or two, now it could be 4 months. McTominay was a month, it’s been 6 weeks and only just returned it to training , Pogba was out for 7 weeks and now it’s 7 weeks and he’s not even close to training with the first time.

seems we have a problem getting players back fit or really struggle to diagnose recovery times
Their injuries timeline is not surprising. Ole might not say the full story in the press, but these injuries have been serious, and are following the normal timeframe.

RVP said he had a similar injury & was out for 4 months when the news first come out on Rashford.

McTominay had a knee ligament injury, do we know the extent? Health Harvard says:
"How long a knee sprain lasts depends on the type of knee sprain, the severity of your injury, your rehabilitation program and the types of sports you play. In general, milder Grade I and Grade II MCL or LCL sprains heal within 2 to 4 weeks, but other types of knee sprains may take 4 to 12 months."

Pogba is the curious one. But after coming back, only to reinjure himself last time, he's taking all precautions this time i guess, which is within his rights.

Last edited:

Brightonian

Don't care. Honestly don't care. If you're worried about what he can contribute this season you're thinking too small. We saw this season before the injury that he's not just a gifted kid and our best attacker, he's a generational talent. A home-grown one who we could well keep for his entire career.

And it's a back injury. They end careers.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I can see why Ole is getting stick but surely the majority of blame should go to whatever the medical team were doing.
I agree. The medical staff and training staff should take a lot of the blame. Ole, for sure, must accept some.

Andersonson

Our useless manager, not only a bad coach, but he run our only star in the team to the ground because of his ignorance. Disgraceful managment, fuming right now.
You dont have a clue how thing works, do you?

If the manager gets the clear for the medical team, what should he do? Not play him?
What you're and some posters here are saying doesnt make any sense at all.

If the manager can't rely on his medical team how is he supposed to know? As far as I know, Ole aint a doctor.

This is purely on the medical team. And the club should take action against the medical team.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
There's nothing wrong with what he said. RVP said last month that he had a similar back injury at 19 (stress fracture in lower back) as Rashford and it stayed with him forever, a weak spot that had to be managed for the rest of his career.

We all know how injury prone RVP was. So this injury is no joke indeed.
There's no evidence online that this injury affected him later in his career. It might have been uncomfortable but it's doubtful the injury had anything to do with his persistent knee and ankle problems or muscular issues in his legs.