Rashford considering his future...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is even wierdly far fetched. Like Daley blind is a natural advisor for rashford that he would really listen to, and share that info with the daily fail
Brilliant isn't it? You can imagine the guy chuckling as he typed this shit out.
Easiest job in the world, daily mail reporter.
Praise Boris, slag off immigrants and link players to United.
People just need a reason to have a go at players, doesn't matter which tom dick harry posts article for some shit papers. All of a sudden Spencer Morgan from dailymail is as reliable as Simon Stone from BBC.

scottser

Rashford or Maguire should've been the landmark firing this Summer.
If either one of these were transfer listed and sold, it would send shockwaves through the dressing room - no player is safe. If you have a terrible season, it may be your last.
Our standards are so low that we will hang on to deadwood like they are Bal on Dor contenders.
We have so many players who would do well to play for a team at the bottom of the EPL, on big wages, meaning we struggle to sell these deadwood players. And worse still, we renew their contracts, further reinforcing that players who perform badly, will be rewarded by another contract.

When Fergie was in charge, players like Stam, Beckham, RvN and others were essentially fired as Fergie felt that they'd run their course. Any of these players would walk into our current team and be one of our best players.

Standards are rock bottom and the worst part is that fans have now accepted it.
i have to agree. not just those lads but you wouldn't have gotten mediocre seasons from the likes of mctominay or bruno or had matic and mata sitting on the bench for the last two years.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The issue with Rashford is not his ability or his charity work. His biggest problem is that he couldn't be arsed to make an effort on the pitch.
I wish I knew the answer, why would he suddenly not want to make any effort? His unwillingness to track did seem to be a conscious decision, unless there’s a physical issues we don’t know about.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wish I knew the answer, why would he suddenly not want to make any effort? His unwillingness to track did seem to be a conscious decision, unless there’s a physical issues we don’t know about.
His ego has inflated ever since he got involved with food for kids scheme, taking on the goverment and getting an MBE.

There is quite a significant before and after around these moments IMO.

I don't think the coaching staff helped either allowing him to 'cheat' and stay up field waiting to counter attack. He now seems stuck in this mindset.

crossy1686

career ending
Maybe the fear of missing out on the World Cup will make him put more effort on the pitch? He clearly hates doing the dirty work - helping out defensively, so let's see if he tries to improve on that.
It would just be nice if he did some running and scored some goals. I’ll settle for that

bosskeano

he really needs to be considering his future as he's pissing it down the shitter right now

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I personally don’t see him as anything but a striker. His development was messed with trying to keep him on that left for too long. Same with his brother Martial a LF. Their strengths will pay better dividend using them in those positions.
It might not be fashionable these days but I rate both him and Martial in the roles I mentioned. Having already seen them deliver in those positions, the messing around with their roles should stop now, they are not kids we’re trying to give game time.
As a club we have been awful at developing young players. We can’t always be blaming young players to come through as lacking ability when they’ve actually shown great promise at the start. Time to questions what happened to Rashford and others before/after him.
We don’t develop them, hype them up through bumper pays, big media presence,etc and the club expect these to naturally elevate performance or be a motivation. In truth no player performs better because he on good money. It only makes them twats anyway historically. You only develop through nurturing whatever ability you have and THIS is where we have been lacking as a club.
You run a club like a bank. You get bank results. Football clubs don’t play better because of speculations or value of assets. They play better because the athletes involved or trained to compete on the day.

stw2022

Sources close to Rashford indicate he is willing to consider giving a shit next season

KikiDaKats

Supports
We have have been trying to make a left winger since the day we fired LVG and it was apparent he development had stalled a while back. Bar his form in front of goal, his general in game performance has been questioned all through Ole’s reign. Now his goals have dried up all of a sudden he is rubbish.

No he is not. He is just not a winger, don’t play him there because you think he is not bulked enough. There are smaller strikers out there that have done well. Not saying he would have been a GOAT but he shown signs at the start, he could develop into a competent enough striker.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We have have been trying to make a left winger since the day we fired LVG and it was apparent he development had stalled a while back. Bar his form in front of goal, his general in game performance has been questioned all through Ole’s reign. Now his goals have dried up all of a sudden he is rubbish.

No he is not. He is just not a winger, don’t play him there because you think he is not bulked enough. There are smaller strikers out there that have done well. Not saying he would have been a GOAT but he shown signs at the start, he could develop into a competent enough striker.
Rashford is a terrible center forward and this has been evident every time he's played the position.

His general all-round game and decision-making is woeful and this is without going into his total lack of aerial ability and non-existent development in both these areas ever since he made his debut.

I never thought I'd be so in agreement with Jose but he's literally a perfect last 20 minutes sub for pace on the counter. That's all he is and this is patently obvious to anyone willing to set aside the local lad bias.

clarkydaz

He was played striker before we got Cavani. Hence we got Cavani

KikiDaKats

Supports
Rashford is a terrible center forward and this has been evident every time he's played the position.

His general all-round game and decision-making is woeful and this is without going into his total lack of aerial ability and non-existent development in both these areas ever since he made his debut.

I never thought I'd be so in agreement with Jose but he's literally a perfect last 20 minutes sub for pace on the counter. That's all he is and this is patently obvious to anyone willing to set aside the local lad bias.
What is this all round game he is expected to show as a teenage striker breaking through.
I expect gradual progression in young footballers. At least he had something going for him and it could have been nurtured in the right way.
Mourinho is entitled to his opinion just like everyone one of us that watched him play for United before Mourinho got here.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What is this all round game he is expected to show as a teenage striker breaking through.
I expect gradual progression in young footballers. At least he had something going for him and it could have been nurtured in the right way.
Mourinho is entitled to his opinion just like everyone one of us that watched him play for United before Mourinho got here.
He's in his mid-20s FYI...

lex talionis

Marcus Rashford should consider improving his game and rely less on his pace to beat defenders. He does have an incredible burst of energy off that first step but if he is to have the playing career that he dreams of his game has to evolve to be more creative and aware of space and how to exploit it. Easier said than done, however.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
We would rather argue about a hundred irrelevant things about Rashford than talk about what actually matters:

He was a great youth team player- No he wasn't
He has been rubbish for last 3 years- Its only 1 year
His extracurricular affects his game - No it doesnt.
He has never been that great- He used to be world class
He was better than Welbeck - No he wasn't
He is a great trainer - No he isn't

I could go on and on and that's just in the last few pages of this thread.

So here is a relevant question.

Will Rashford be a consistent strong performing starter for us next year?

I say not a hope in hell.
If anyone doesn't think he will be then they should not be saying keep him, give him another year etc. Who wants a £200k pw benchwarmer causing all sorts of off pitch drama?

EtH

True but when did we play on front foot and which players failed to impress? Last time I checked, we had Rangnick, Ole, Jose as coaches who all were defensive managers who played direct football. For national team, it's the same tactic, defend and counter.

We played front foot football under Van Gaal and Rashford did well in half the season he played, expectations were much lower on his though at that time.
My point is that Rashford has only ever really shown on the counter. When even the poorest of opposition sits deep to soak up pressure he is rendered absolutely useless, running into blind alleys and completely devoid of ideas. He needs space on the break to have any success at all and he just won’t get that under ETH.

Tyrion

Players have lives. Players are humans. Who said anything else? Ronaldo and Beckham as you mentioned could handle all the stuff around them. Some players can't. When it comes to Rashford. Apparently he can't handle that. There is no shame in that. So he needs to make priorities. I hope he gets back to playing football at high level and leave other things on sideline until he get his career on track again. Because it can go very fast from being a good player to LeagueOne level.
Him playing badly doesn't mean he has to give up on everything else in his life. I have never heard of any professional sportsperson training for the entire day and having no personal life or hobbies outside of their sport. Fans may expect players to train and nothing else but it doesn't work like that and that's because it isn't going to improve someone if they just burn themselves out.

Rangnick speaks his mind in a blunt way but spoken highly about Rashford in the training.
This clearly shows that Rashford is not lazy and was putting in efforts in training.
Rangnick implied that the problem with Rashford was not quality/efforts but it's more to psychological thing to carry the training form into the match.
With ETH's detailed instruction and plan on the pitch I think Rashford can find form again.
When on form his stats was one of the best in PL.

Whereas for Martial, he demanded to leave the club with no intention to fight for his place in Man Utd at all.
Unfortunately Rashford has played badly so some fans conclude he's lazy. Everything is down to not having "desire" which fans can somehow see. It's daft. They're just rationalising their anger.

EtH

Unfortunately Rashford has played badly so some fans conclude he's lazy. Everything is down to not having "desire" which fans can somehow see. It's daft. They're just rationalising their anger.
It’s perfectly plain to see when he walks around the pitch showing no interest in pressing, tracking back or working for the team at all.

The excuses of those who fail to or more to point refuse to see it are what’s truly daft.

Talk about rationalizing…

Womp

idiot
We would rather argue about a hundred irrelevant things about Rashford than talk about what actually matters:

He was a great youth team player- No he wasn't
He has been rubbish for last 3 years- Its only 1 year
His extracurricular affects his game - No it doesnt.
He has never been that great- He used to be world class
He was better than Welbeck - No he wasn't
He is a great trainer - No he isn't

I could go on and on and that's just in the last few pages of this thread.

So here is a relevant question.

Will Rashford be a consistent strong performing starter for us next year?

I say not a hope in hell.
If anyone doesn't think he will be then they should not be saying keep him, give him another year etc. Who wants a £200k pw benchwarmer causing all sorts of off pitch drama?
What off pitch drama?

roonster09

Scout
My point is that Rashford has only ever really shown on the counter. When even the poorest of opposition sits deep to soak up pressure he is rendered absolutely useless, running into blind alleys and completely devoid of ideas. He needs space on the break to have any success at all and he just won’t get that under ETH.
So he played well only against good opposition as that's where he gets the space, midtable and lower table clubs used to play defensively.

Last edited:

stw2022

He’s also very poor at timing his runs. A defence that had only ever heard of the offside rule by way of it being explained through interpretive dance a half hour before the match starts, stands more than a fighting chance of effectively nullifying 90% of any threat he poses

There’s so much left wanting about his technique, reading of the game, attitude and application to have any faith he’ll turn up tomorrow and as a result of Instagramming a few cardio sessions, become a whole new player

He’s a squad player and if he accepts that, great. But he hasn’t lost his status as an automatic starter because of lack of guidance, or being played out of position, or because fans are ‘Tories’ or I’m negative about him online. But I don’t think he (and a few others) will ever accept that because he and others seem convinced he’s a much better player than he is and this delusion is actually preventing him settling into what could be a useful role here as a bench option.

Only thing that sours me to that is the whole ‘sources close to Rashford’ nonsense we see, blaming the world and her mothers cat for his form

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Him playing badly doesn't mean he has to give up on everything else in his life. I have never heard of any professional sportsperson training for the entire day and having no personal life or hobbies outside of their sport. Fans may expect players to train and nothing else but it doesn't work like that and that's because it isn't going to improve someone if they just burn themselves out.
Fans expect players to be just that. Players. They don’t expect them to be on Instagram, in nightclubs, at boxning games in forgein country in the middle of the season, in other countries because of injuries. We expect them to play football at high level and that is what they are paid to do. If they can’t play and other things are taking their concentration they need to decide what they want to do.
Nobody is saying they should give up their life to train every hour of the day. But if you are football player you concentrate on that. The other stuff comes second.

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly this lad having a brilliant season would please me so so so much. Can't say I'm confident he will, but it's not totally out of the realms of possibility.

wolvored

Well whatever we say on here, Rash is here for this season coming. He will either improve or will fail. I think his contract is nearly up, so I am hoping the board doesnt do a knee jerk and give him an extension, until we see where he is at suitability wise.

Tyrion

Fans expect players to be just that. Players. They don’t expect them to be on Instagram, in nightclubs, at boxning games in forgein country in the middle of the season, in other countries because of injuries. We expect them to play football at high level and that is what they are paid to do. If they can’t play and other things are taking their concentration they need to decide what they want to do.
Nobody is saying they should give up their life to train every hour of the day. But if you are football player you concentrate on that. The other stuff comes second.
How do you know he isn't? You're saying you don’t expect them to train every hour of the day but you're complaining about them being on Instagram. How much time do you think k they spend on their social media?

stw2022

Some fans are convinced he was constantly leaking stuff because he played badly. Apparently bad form = total prick.
Nothing to do with the constant soft-soap coverage in the otherwise usually cynical press of a player performaning abysmally by journalists who often had a ‘sources close to Rashford’ story about how hard done by he was all season

The tabloids love nothing better than to knock someone. Bring them down to size. Rashford avoided that when he was a sitting duck.Yet he could play like crap and suddenly a journalist is writing about how he asked Ronaldo how big his muscles were.

i don’t believe someone in that position gets such fawning coverage when self-evidently playing so fecking horrendously for so long if the hacks didn’t see him as someone it was beneficial for them to keep sweet

We did, however, read a lot about his team mates being ‘baffled’ by his lack of game time and how much Ole was to blame for his poor form. We will never know for sure but it’s not hard to join the dots.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

He can post training videos as much as he wants. It’s the mental attributes of his game that needs honing, not his physical attributes. Improve the decision making and not so much the muscle mass.

For all we know, he could improve but ETH still wouldn’t fancy him which results in him leaving. On his wages, he has to be a starter so the bar to reach is quite high.

Tyrion

Nothing to do with the constant soft-soap coverage in the otherwise usually cynical press of a player performaning abysmally by journalists who often had a ‘sources close to Rashford’ story about how hard done by he was all season
English press often take it easy on England internationals and he did make himself popular due to his activism.

Tyrion

Brilliant isn't it? You can imagine the guy chuckling as he typed this shit out.
Easiest job in the world, daily mail reporter.
Praise Boris, slag off immigrants and link players to United.
It reminds me of the "Player X will go to United because his international teammate told him United is great" trope they often come up with. Was it Kaka who Anderson was apparently talking to?

big rons sovereign

It reminds me of the "Player X will go to United because his international teammate told him United is great" trope they often come up with. Was it Kaka who Anderson was apparently talking to?
No idea, nothing would surprise me really.

EtH

So he played well only against good opposition as that's where he gets the space, midtable and lower table clubs used to play defensively.
I’m not sure how you took that from my post but no that wasn’t what I was saying at all. He’s been good against no one for nearly two years now. Counter or not.

roonster09

Scout
I’m not sure how you took that from my post but no that wasn’t what I was saying at all. He’s been good against no one for nearly two years now. Counter or not.
Ofcourse I'm not talking about last 18 months/ 2 seasons, your post didn't too.

EtH

Ofcourse I'm not talking about last 18 months/ 2 seasons, your post didn't too.
Right but I was saying that even the poorest of opposition easily neutralized him if they sat back and defended deep. I don’t ever remember him being particularly good against the better sides. His good matches always seemed completely erratic and random. Like him as a footballer.