Rashford considering his future...

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is a self correcting problem, Rashford must know that.

Perform and you get gametime.

tomaldinho1

He was always a bit of an aggregator, now he just has his fingers surface-level in every pie. I don’t think I’ve seen him actually break anything important in a while. He’ll just rehash things a few hours later after someone more reliable says something.

But what you said is true - he’s got the dopamine rush for the interactions now. I mean he fecking livestreams himself on Twitch playing FIFA now. :lol:
Jeez haha. Cant blame him, I guess as soon as he got a big social media following he just started milking it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's been absolutely rubbish for a good while now. He has nothing to complain about. Play better when you get game time. Simple.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His form was rubbish even when he was scoring a fair few goals, his all round play is just terrible. I don't like his level of effort, his constant whinging when he loses the ball and least of all how he runs to the press to release his puff pieces after a poor run of form. I've advocated selling him before, I stand by that still. He's not good enough.

Mike Smalling

'Concerned about his lack of game time'. Jesus wept. He should be concerned about his piss poor performances, and whether or not he will get a contract extension, the way he is performing.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Weak. So so weak. You won't bother to get any better or put any effort in so you'll just run away and play somewhere easier.

It's akin to having a tantrum cos a game is too hard so you just change the difficulty instead of getting better.

Go away.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Going to the press again. You’d be better clearing him off. He’s probably not going to get you half of what he would have done 3 years since but he’s not very good and it’s all profit. Imagine the board will panic and give him a new contract.

Chief123

Basically Marcus, if you play shit constantly then you get less game time. If you play well, then you get given more game time. It’s how it generally works son. If you don’t like it, go sit on Twitter and chat to Boris. Nob rash.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Implying a leak. Will be interesting if Neville sides with the club over Rashford.
When Neville hints that something is wrong in the dressing room I think he has Rashford in mind (and a few others).

Pirlo'sBeard

Weak mentality.

He's been very poor for a long time now. Pathetic attitude looking to leave when you can't work hard on your game and force your way into the team. He's been given far too many opportunities now.

Step it up or leave.

Roux

Not the smartest move to do this when you're playing the worst football of your career... make demands when you're on fire and undroppable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Has been discussed in the Player Performance thread but felt worthy of its own thread.

For me this is an incredibly sad story of a good player who was promoted above his talent after his sparkling start with United. The state of the club at the time meant they needed (ideally an academy graduate) to hang their hat on and he came along at the perfect time for them. In more stable times he would have had his breakout, calmed down, and then be loaned out for a year or two to develop further and come back a more rounded player.

But the club needed him so he stayed. Many of us throughout the time questioned the sporadic nature of his form, asking if he really was the next big thing or a flash in the proverbial pan (remember the Rashford vs Mbappe debates?). I feel, defending him, that he has been hugely let down by the last manager. In various acts of desperation he was called upon for ridiculous amounts of football whilst injured. However I do also believe that he has to take a fair share of personal responsibility here. Yes he's been injured, yes he'd been played in to the ground, but that doesn't excuse the regularity with which his people go to the media to whinge and moan about all sorts of issues.

The tweet above is just the latest example of the issues with modern players, who potentially believe they're better than they actually are. He's scored 5 goals so far this season, he doesn't press or race back to defend like his manager wants, so what does he do when the manager drops him? Does he look internally and ask what he needs to do to get back in the team, does he change attitude or style of play, or work harder to make the point to the manager when he comes on as a 65th minute sub? NO! He starts walking around the pitch with his hands on his hips after 10mins, then runs to the press talking about how he might need to go somewhere he's guaranteed first team football!

I think it's another example of the thin skin attitude which is the true cancer within our dressing room. What are your thoughts?
He wasn’t over promoted at all. He’s had a poor spell, but he’s more than proven that he deserves to be here in his time. He’s had several big moments, stood up for us many times when needed, and similarly to how some posters appear to be disappointed that at the first sign of adversity, he is thinking about moving on - I think the same can be said for them. He’s a player we have developed from a kid who came into the side at 17 and has been delivering, scoring winners in derbys, in big CL games and generally being a big threat - until he hits a rough spell and now he should be shopped.

Rashford needs a bit of refocusing, but he’s already expelled any question marks about whether he can deliver at the highest level due to the fact that he has, on many occasions, delivered at the highest level.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
After his lackluster perfor.ance yesterday he can do one. Too much time with Lingard in his ear.

PeteManic

On the one hand he is not as good as he thinks he is and wouldn't be missed.

On the other hand I'd recommend any player leaving United right now. So he should go for his own good.

The reality is that he will stay as they all will.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He wasn’t over promoted at all. He’s had a poor spell, but he’s more than proven that he deserves to be here in his time. He’s had several big moments, stood up for us many times when needed, and similarly to how some posters appear to be disappointed that at the first sign of adversity, he is thinking about moving on - I think the same can be said for them. He’s a player we have developed from a kid who came into the side at 17 and has been delivering, scoring winners in derbys, in big CL games and generally being a big threat - until he hits a rough spell and now he should be shopped.

Rashford needs a bit of refocusing, but he’s already expelled any question marks about whether he can deliver at the highest level due to the fact that he has, on many occasions, delivered at the highest level.
He's been poor for more than a year now. He has two years left on his contract. Either you do the moronic thing and let his contract run out or you are faced with two options. Sell him now and reinvest or commit to him and give him a new contract. As to his highest level, he has some work to do to prove that it's not in the past.

romufc

I think if this is true, its time to make an example of our players who feel they are guaranteed starters.

How can a footballer who is not on form, dropped for a few games come out saying he is considering his future because he hasn't started the last few games.

Man up, work hard and play better.

We need to get rid of him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I can see only dark scenarios (us giving him fat undeserved paycheck, Rashford running his contract down and leaving for free or United selling him for peanuts).

Once again I will state: I am not convinced this club prioritizes football ability over marketing value.

matt23

So what. Literally every one of our senior players will, or should be considering their future.

amolbhatia50k

Basically he wants to start regardless of how he plays? As he's been absolutely torrid for ages now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just fishing for a new contract given it's got two years to run.

Lack of game time, pretty sure he's started majority of games under Rangnick up to last two weeks?

Jacob

Has always been flattered by his explosive pace and agility. He got away with it until he got found out. Kick and run type of player.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I swear he used to be more of a runner and a harder worker than we're seeing now. He barely moves out there.

Not the wisest decision to make speaking out of turn right now, considering this is definitely the worst he's been for us since he broke through. He is quite rightly not getting starts, and to be fair, he's making more sub appearances that I'd like right now too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's been poor for more than a year now. He has two years left on his contract. Either you do the moronic thing and let his contract run out or you are faced with two options. Sell him now and reinvest or commit to him and give him a new contract. As to his highest level, he has some work to do to prove that it's not in the past.
I’m not sure I agree with that. He’s has a lot of injury troubles over the past couple of years, but I recall his injuries always being a major blow to us and him going down in a period where he had been pretty much carrying our attacking threat.

He’s never had a season like this one.

AneRu

I’d like to think that Utd yet to make a decision with 15 months to go means they’re considering their options which is a good thing in my opinion. Usually it’s around the 18-24 month mark that renewals are handed out.

Maybe this leak to the press is one of frustration in Rashford‘s camp.
It's a ploy for a new contract hence the not so subtly put in hint about the remainder of his deal. I don't think he cares he is not playing but he needs that new contract badly hence the 'bemusement and confusion'. Sadly the naive Accountants will cave in and offer him a new undeserved deal. All too predictable.

amolbhatia50k

Tons of players can deliver sometimes at the highest level. To be a starter at one of the biggest clubs you have to produce consistently. Rashford has not proven to be able to do that yet. Martial was the same case and eventually when it was obvious that he wasn't making the grade, we loaned him. This is how it works at big clubs that have standards and aspirations. You don't get to be shit for 1.5 years (Rashford has crossed 1 year I believe) and still fall under the 'bit of refocusing' bracket. I think more than a year of poor performances is sufficient time to question any players place in the squad - academy product or otherwise.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Would have been unthinkable a year or two ago. I'm not sure a move would even be possible for him right now. Where would he go, and who would pay for him while he's in this form?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think Rashford has simply fallen out of love with the game but is too afraid to admit it to himself. A bit like Tevez, except he had genuine talent and was pretty upfront with how he saw football.

cyberman

Needs to learn what to do when surrounded by opposition players before he starts. Feck me the amount of times he just runs into 2/3 players is ridiculous. It’s as if he gives up trying to play properly when cornered off and tries bluffing it.

amolbhatia50k

Would have been unthinkable a year or two ago. I'm not sure a move would even be possible for him right now. Where would he go, and who would pay for him while he's in this form?
We'll probably just give him a raise

Thing is, people say rebuild but it's harder for us than most, as our under performers tend to be big name stars and huge wages.

TsuWave

I hate to see him playing this badly. Might have to part ways

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tons of players can deliver sometimes at the highest level. To be a starter at one of the biggest clubs you have to produce consistently. Rashford has not proven to be able to do that yet. Martial was the same case and eventually when it was obvious that he wasn't making the grade, we loaned him. This is how it works at big clubs that have standards and aspirations. You don't get to be shit for 1.5 years (Rashford has crossed 1 year I believe) and still fall under the 'bit of refocusing' bracket. I think more than a year of poor performances is sufficient time to question any players place in the squad - academy product or otherwise.
Rashford has delivered consistently at the highest level. And then there is also context to be applied in the fact that we are talking about a player who has still been very young for the most part.

I don’t think I agree with your timeframes either, this season clearly sticks out and he’s never had a season like this before.

Despite this, if he leaves, he leaves - I wouldn’t cry if that’s what he wanted. I’m only questioning some of the retrospective assessments that are now being made of him. As will be shown if he does leave, because make no mistake, if he walks out of the door he’s going to Paris, Madrid or Barcelona or something - not Valencia or Roma. And that’s for a reason. He is held in high regard.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is a self correcting problem, Rashford must know that.

Perform and you get gametime.
I think some players (and people in general) are too wrapped up in their own bubble, surrounded by yes people that they don't pay attention to their shortcomings anymore.
The most critical thing is that with our squad being depleted up in the attack, not a single fan still thinks he deserves to start.
That's how shit he's become