Rashford considering his future...

clarkydaz

Still... I wouldn't say it was time to give up on him though. I mean feck... It's like half the cafe don't even care what a new manager could do with him. They've had enough apparently.

Rashford said that to Maguire?
caught on camera when the stadiums were empty. maybe the heavy spurs defeat at OT

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn't say that you necessarily have to watch the match live.

But if your aim is to assess whether an individual player is working as hard as he should, it's probably better to observe him live.

(And by "live" I obviously mean in the flesh, not "live" as opposed to "later" in TV terms).
:lol: I totally took it as ‘later.’

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't give too many shits what players do off the field (within reason and the law of course) but if they are not performing on the field then I don't care if they are mother Teresa, get rid of them. This is a football club first and foremost despite what the last 15 or so years suggest. If players aren't performing on the pitch then they need to sort it out and if they don't then they need moving on.
Amen

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Still... I wouldn't say it was time to give up on him though. I mean feck... It's like half the cafe don't even care what a new manager could do with him. They've had enough apparently.

Rashford said that to Maguire?
During tepid palace away game last season that we drew and Rashford was absolutely shite and static as per, easily our worst player that day. Maguire told him to move and help out and Rashford told him to fk off

afatzp

If go by this decision tree only Sancho and De Gea will be left in the first team.
Well we mostly stuck at the step that [ find one that could perform better and bench XXX] . This point is, as long as we have someone better enough to bench Rashford, then Rashford can be benched and feel free to go . I just don't see Rashford be in the start XI of a title-winning team, not even in his by far best season 2019-2020. We don't have to entertain his mood trying to keep him at whatever cost. It does not worth it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Scoring more goals doesnt make him more talented.
I didn't say who is more talented or higher ceiling as I can not tell. ESR is a midfielder playing on the left side, and Saka is a right footed right winger. They are more involved in build up play. I believe Rashford's role is an inside forward and more like Martinelli's role in Arsenal. Martinelli is basically a striker playing on the left wing. So using goals to judge his performance makes sense to me. Of course there are lots of other factors to measure performance as well. Rashford scored 19 goals 2 season in a row, right? so talent as an inside forward is/was there.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
If go by this decision tree only Sancho and De Gea will be left in the first team.
Arsenal 18 months ago where a laughing stock. Gutting half your squad since that time looks to have made you the best of the rest, playing some great football. Ralph coming in and Woodward leaving can hopefully emulate that because since Ferguson left (and even before) we've been awful trying to build squads.

If Sancho and Bruno were the only ones left in 2 years time then I really wouldn't shed a tear but knowing our club,, we'll still be handing out contracts to everyone making it impossible to get rid of them with the wages they'll be given.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal 18 months ago where a laughing stock. Gutting half your squad since that time looks to have made you the best of the rest, playing some great football.
Arteta didn't gut half the squad. He kicked out everyone in the team except Xhaka and Lacazette. We are not building a title winning team so it is not hard to find replacement. If the goal is to build a title winning team it will be more challenging for sure and it will take more time.

Foxbatt

Some people do.

It usually means they've never actually watched football pitch side (so they don't understand the difference).
I have a lot of times at OT too and I aways come back and watch the match again(recorded) because you never see much detail of the game when you watch at the stadium unlike watching on the telly.

Ronaldo143

I cant put a figure on what he goes for. Te most important part is what would we sell him for and will there be buyers at that rate. If you wante edme to guess, I would say anywehere from £40-55m....but he wont be gettign sold this sumemr anyway.....sadly
Who is crazy enough to pay that much for this mediocre player ? You are over estimating his value. Unfortunately he will be going nowhere like you said and we have to go through this pain every week. He will prob start next game as well. Will cost us again in a big match and we will be here again sadly!

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Arteta didn't gut half the squad. He kicked out everyone in the team except Xhaka and Lacazette. We are not building a title winning team so it is not hard to find replacement. If the goal is to build a title winning team it will be more challenging for sure and it will take more time.
I didn't say you were building a title winning team. I said by gutting your team in a very short space of time relatively speaking you are now in a much stronger position. It's worked for Arsenal.

If only being left with Laca and Xhaka isn't gutting the squad then I misunderstand the meaning of the word gutting.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I didn't say you were building a title winning team. I said by gutting your team in a very short space of time relatively speaking you are now in a much stronger position. It's worked for Arsenal.

If only being left with Laca and Xhaka isn't gutting the squad then I misunderstand the meaning of the word gutting.
Arteta didn't gut "Half" the squad. He gutted almost the ENTIRE squad. There is no guarantee the team will be better after overhaul though, let alone short space of time. Too many new players integrated into the team all at once is risky. It really depends on the DOF and also the manager for recruitment and training. Credit to them. Even Arsenal fans are surprised by the progression as Arsenal is a very young team in transition.

Man Utd has the resource to overhaul the squad completely. No doubt about it. The hard part is always identify and recruit the right talent for the playing style of the team just like Barcelona did.

Back to Rashford, I just said he is/was talented as left wing inside forward and scored 19 goals 2 seasons in a row. I don't know what happened to him this season. if It is a motivation issue, confidence issue, injury or manager tactic not the best fit for him. Sancho took his position on the left now and he may have a hard time earn it back with his current form. I still remember the break out season he had with LVG in charge. Just like Auba for Arsenal, he is just not motivated anymore and he plays back to his level in barcelona.

Foxbatt

Things you try may not come. The flicks do not come off and the passes go a bit astray. But the problem with Rashford is not that. His lack of effort.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Should be considering his future as a professional footballer

Jackal981

What are you guys talking about ? He's amazing. Amazingly shite. He just came on for a few mins and has been the worst player in the pitch for the whole game

mikeyt

Literally cannot even pass to a teammate, what has happened to him!?

Eriku

I’ve been patiently waiting for him to regain form but jesus fecking christ… It’s gone right off a cliff. He’s a fecking liability every time he comes on.

Biggins

Is he sulking because he is being played on the right wing??? Really can’t understand why he seems to be so unhappy

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m showing Rashford the blind faith many showed OgS because at this point it’s hard to defend him on the field. Hopefully the change of manager will help him. . .

Skills

Snitch
I’m showing Rashford the blind faith many showed OgS because at this point it’s hard to defend him on the field. Hopefully the change of manager will help him. . .
I don't think there's any coming back. His touch and technique just looks gone

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
What a shit player he is. Never want him playing for the club again.