Rashford considering his future...

Cloud7

People see through the bullshit. You can't walk around the pitch all year, shrugging your shoulders then post about how committed you are in the off season. You look like a twat.
Seems to fool a lot of our fanbase though

Acquire Me

At least ETH will finally show whether Rashford had just lost his form/confidence, or was always overated.
He was obviously not overrated, the stats will support that. His form and confidence combined with all the shit in our squad and even all the things around him fronting poor children/free meals. What happened after the penalty kicks and injuries.

In sum, things was not the best for him and others as well.

C'est Moi Cantona

He was obviously not overrated, the stats will support that. His form and confidence combined with all the shit in our squad and even all the things around him fronting poor children/free meals. What happened after the penalty kicks and injuries.

I know his stats are good, but he's just always been a hard player to pin down overall abiltity wise imo.

I'm happy enough to give him this season, but if we're still having the same coversations this time next year then it'll be very worrying for him.

90 + 5min

I agree. He is not overrated. At least he wasn't. Problem is as soon as he became good player (not star), he started with other things that took away time and concentration from football. He isn't the one in our team that had those problems. We are lucky that two of those have left us.

You can't handle football as some hobby. He needs to stop with everything else and try to save his career.

stw2022

My issue is despite the PR photos the leaks still suggest he’s still not looking inwardly as to why he’s been so poor for the past 18 months, blaming lack of ‘guidance’ this time.

One for the ‘I would say that, wouldn’t I?’ drawer maybe, but I don’t think that bodes well.

MUFC OK

At least ETH will finally show whether Rashford had just lost his form/confidence, or was always overated.
He’s been in need of coaching but has definitely lost his confidence, we’ve seen him do great things on the pitch so hopefully this is the fresh start he needs. If he doesn’t perform next season though, it’s probably not going to happen for him.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

lex talionis

I could be wildly off, but my working theory on Rashford is that we ran him ragged through injury and then we rushed back too quickly after the surgery. A few poor performances later and his confidence was shot, and by that time our season went to shit and he never got off the blocks.

All that said, it was Rashford who ran himself ragged. He was clearly unfit going into the Euros and desperately wanted to play in the Euros so he put off the surgery, which predictably disastrous consequences.

BoulderDevil

In defense of rashford, since the retirement of SAF how has this club helped guide and developed young players? Any glowing examples? Me thinks he has quite a point and a lot of posters are lacking some perspective.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Rashford or Maguire should've been the landmark firing this Summer.
If either one of these were transfer listed and sold, it would send shockwaves through the dressing room - no player is safe. If you have a terrible season, it may be your last.
Our standards are so low that we will hang on to deadwood like they are Bal on Dor contenders.
We have so many players who would do well to play for a team at the bottom of the EPL, on big wages, meaning we struggle to sell these deadwood players. And worse still, we renew their contracts, further reinforcing that players who perform badly, will be rewarded by another contract.

When Fergie was in charge, players like Stam, Beckham, RvN and others were essentially fired as Fergie felt that they'd run their course. Any of these players would walk into our current team and be one of our best players.

Standards are rock bottom and the worst part is that fans have now accepted it.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If either one of these were transfer listed and sold, it would send shockwaves through the dressing room - no player is safe. If you have a terrible season, it may be your last.
Our standards are so low that we will hang on to deadwood like they are Bal on Dor contenders.
We have so many players who would do well to play for a team at the bottom of the EPL, on big wages, meaning we struggle to sell these deadwood players. And worse still, we renew their contracts, further reinforcing that players who perform badly, will be rewarded by another contract.

When Fergie was in charge, players like Stam, Beckham, RvN and others were essentially fired as Fergie felt that they'd run their course. Any of these players would walk into our current team and be one of our best players.

You don't win with dross and we have quite a few of them who occasionally down tools aswell.

When the fans don't want to maintain standards why should anyone else ? The glazers would instead be rejoicing at lowering our standards and the acceptance from the fans.

Their only aim is fecking top 4 and they feel ten hag can polish enough turds to achieve it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Were they, or were they sacked off because they got on the wrong side of him? Beckham because of his immersion in fame, Stam because of his revelations in the book and RvP for not being a team player and rather unspoken about how he disagreed with the approach. Keane, too, although that one was mighty convenient for everyone involved.

Now, we could argue that Rashford of last season might have found his way into that group based on his attitude but Maguire no way (even though I'd sell him in a heartbeat :lol:).

Grande

Tyrion

I agree. He is not overrated. At least he wasn't. Problem is as soon as he became good player (not star), he started with other things that took away time and concentration from football. He isn't the one in our team that had those problems. We are lucky that two of those have left us.

You can't handle football as some hobby. He needs to stop with everything else and try to save his career.
Please. How much time do you think he spends on his charity work? You know there are players who spend hours a night on video games, modelling work and raising kids? Foden has two and he's 20. Players have lives and don't spend 16 hours a day training.

This whole "footballers must play football and do nothing else" is silly and was exposed as nonsense by players decades ago (e.g. Ronaldo, Beckham).

Huddsred

His stats aren't that good though. Unpopular opinion, but he's like the United version of Gabby Agbonlahor.

Tyrion

:lol: of course, Manc born and bred, bleeds Utd, United DNA, academy player, blah, had to be convinced to stay at "his" club by Dutch guy who played few years at Utd.

Too bad he was not excited to work last season (and more).
But, sooo happy he is excited to work now!!!
So so happy!
Happy New Year everybody.!
When it was reported that he wanted to leave, people here hated him for it. Now that it's reported he wants to stay, people here hate him for it. I think some posters should just leave a note saying that they just hate him personally and are just inventing ways to bitch about him.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
When it was reported that he wanted to leave, people here hated him for it. Now that it's reported he wants to stay, people here hate him for it. I think some posters should just leave a note saying that they just hate him personally and are just inventing ways to bitch about him.
Or maybe he should stop putting out PR puff pieces and just show us on the pitch?

Or alternatively, he can do the decent thing and find his level at Brighton.

UncleBob

:lol: :lol:

Tyrion

Or maybe he should stop putting out PR puff pieces and just show us on the pitch?

Or alternatively, he can do the decent thing and find his level at Brighton.
"Decent thing"? If he wants to play for United and they're willing to pay him, he has no responsibility to leave just because some people online are angry at him for showing up in the media.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
"Decent thing"? If he wants to play for United and they're willing to pay him, he has no responsibility to leave just because some people online are angry at him for showing up in the media.
I expect that I'll find you in the Martial thread with that same logic.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

You don't hear about that as much anymore but yes, players like Kanchelskis and Stam were shipped out when they were still among the best in the league.

Foxbatt

You don't hear about that as much anymore but yes, players like Kanchelskis and Stam were shipped out when they were still among the best in the league.
The issue with Rashford is not his ability or his charity work. His biggest problem is that he couldn't be arsed to make an effort on the pitch.

wolvored

He wa ts to play his best position left wing/striker (his words) if we buy Anthony, then Rash Sancho Martial will be vying for the ledt side, with Sancho being favourite, I would imagine. When he gets a chance, if he doesnt nail it, then can see him in for a long hard season as a bench player and maybe sold in Jan, certainly next summer.

Acquire Me

His stats aren't that good though. Unpopular opinion, but he's like the United version of Gabby Agbonlahor.
It’s okay with different opinions, but Agbonlahor is a big stretch for me.

I rate Rashford high. I think he as well as others should be allowed to try to get things going again under EtH. I think Rashford will be much better this season.

90 + 5min

Please. How much time do you think he spends on his charity work? You know there are players who spend hours a night on video games, modelling work and raising kids? Foden has two and he's 20. Players have lives and don't spend 16 hours a day training.

This whole "footballers must play football and do nothing else" is silly and was exposed as nonsense by players decades ago (e.g. Ronaldo, Beckham).
Players have lives. Players are humans. Who said anything else? Ronaldo and Beckham as you mentioned could handle all the stuff around them. Some players can't. When it comes to Rashford. Apparently he can't handle that. There is no shame in that. So he needs to make priorities. I hope he gets back to playing football at high level and leave other things on sideline until he get his career on track again. Because it can go very fast from being a good player to LeagueOne level.

Yakuza_devils

Rangnick speaks his mind in a blunt way but spoken highly about Rashford in the training.
This clearly shows that Rashford is not lazy and was putting in efforts in training.
Rangnick implied that the problem with Rashford was not quality/efforts but it's more to psychological thing to carry the training form into the match.
With ETH's detailed instruction and plan on the pitch I think Rashford can find form again.
When on form his stats was one of the best in PL.

Whereas for Martial, he demanded to leave the club with no intention to fight for his place in Man Utd at all.

EtH

Rangnick speaks his mind in a blunt way but spoken highly about Rashford in the training.
This clearly shows that Rashford is not lazy and was putting in efforts in training.
Rangnick implied that the problem with Rashford was not quality/efforts but it's more to psychological thing to carry the training form into the match.
With ETH's detailed instruction and plan on the pitch I think Rashford can find form again.
When on form his stats was one of the best in PL.

Whereas for Martial, he demanded to leave the club with no intention to fight for his place in Man Utd at all.
Whatever you think of his ability or lack thereof the problem for Rashford like Maguire is that he has never excelled playing on the front foot. We won’t be sitting back and looking to counter teams anymore under ETH so I just don’t see a use for him or the paper tiger captain going forward.

Yakuza_devils

Whatever you think of his ability or lack thereof the problem for Rashford like Maguire is that he has never excelled playing on the front foot. We won’t be sitting back and looking to counter teams anymore under ETH so I just don’t see a use for him or the paper tiger captain going forward.
Rashford played well under different system from LVG, Jose to Ole. In addition, pressing can be coached. Rashford will look much better in a team that press together intelligently. Maguire used to play high line in Leceister under Rodgers.

I still think that they deserve a last chance under ETH. Last season almost all players were terrible.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True but when did we play on front foot and which players failed to impress? Last time I checked, we had Rangnick, Ole, Jose as coaches who all were defensive managers who played direct football. For national team, it's the same tactic, defend and counter.

We played front foot football under Van Gaal and Rashford did well in half the season he played, expectations were much lower on his though at that time.

UnitedFire

We should 100% be selling Rashford if we can get a decent offer. There is still enough for some to believe he can be a top player and that means there is value left in him. Similarly he has a profile that other clubs could utilise commercially in that early hype.

Similarly he has two years left on the contract making it the ideal time to sell.

In reality I think injuries have finished Rashford and even if you put that aside you have to ask if Rashford can really be useful against tight defences.

His real success has come in counter attacking teams where he has time and space and he has enough skill and quality to pull off some decent goals, but outside of that he often runs into dead ends or takes wildly poor shots.

If we renew his contract to 'maintain value' it'll inevitably end up with him being less valuable than now and harder to shift due to the higher wages that I'm sure will be provided despite not earning them.

The bigger the refresh we can do at this stage the better.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Maybe the fear of missing out on the World Cup will make him put more effort on the pitch? He clearly hates doing the dirty work - helping out defensively, so let's see if he tries to improve on that.

big rons sovereign

This is even wierdly far fetched. Like Daley blind is a natural advisor for rashford that he would really listen to, and share that info with the daily fail
Brilliant isn't it? You can imagine the guy chuckling as he typed this shit out.
Easiest job in the world, daily mail reporter.
Praise Boris, slag off immigrants and link players to United.