Rashford | Food for kids campaign continues

jem

It’s an amazing thing he’s doing. Couldn’t be more impressed by him as a person. And one in the eye for all the dickheads who were judging his personality by his choice of clothes. He deserves all the plaudits he’s getting and more.

Buuuuuuuut, his form has declined since he started this campaign. It must take a hell of a lot of time and emotional energy to do what he’s doing. We hear a lot about how important rest is to reach and maintain peak performance and Rashford seems to be pouring his heart and soul into this, so it has to be eating up his downtime. Is it really outrageous to wonder if maybe this is the sort of distraction that might affect the level of performance an elite athlete can produce?
Maybe, but I think a far more likely reason is that he was returning from a fairly serious injury (and, if I'm not mistaken, was also carrying an ankle knock as well.)

crossy1686

career ending
Funny how fast public opinion on this lad has changed.

This place was absolutely disgraceful towards him when we were in poor form. Claiming he needed taking down a peg and he had a poor attitude because he took a couple of 30 yard free kicks.

Out of all the random bullshit opinions the Cafe throws out, the character assassination of Rashford is one that annoyed me the most.

crossy1686

career ending
That bloke is completely detached from the realities of the real world. Of course parents want to feed their children. It is having the means to do so.
When you’ve never faced hardship in your life and you lack basic empathy you’ll always presume people are lazy and comfortable being poor. These dickheads can’t understand why a zero hour contract is a bad thing for a start.

jem

Yup. That and the ankle injury he’s apparently been carrying. It’s a tricky one though. Off-field activities definitely can be a distraction. Even incredibly noble ones like this.
No doubt, but the same could be said for having a baby. I just saw that Bruno Fernandes welcomed a baby boy the other day. Of course, he'll have hired help, but the mental and emotional strain of parenthood (while undoubtedly the most beautiful thing in the world,) is significant. Not really sure what my point is here...I guess just that there are sorts of off-field things that could potentially distract. I'll take Rashford's efforts over Lingard's clothing line any day.

TrustInOle

Funny how fast public opinion on this lad has changed.

This place was absolutely disgraceful towards him when we were in poor form. Claiming he needed taking down a peg and he had a poor attitude because he took a couple of 30 yard free kicks.

Out of all the random bullshit opinions the Cafe throws out, the character assassination of Rashford is one that annoyed me the most.
Agreed. It's quite shocking really and undermines him as a person. He is a hero, not only in football fans eyes, but for every struggling parent out there who break there back 40-60 hours a week just so their kids can live a life in poverty. Only to be made worse when your told your zero hour contact is being torn up because other millionaires care more about profit than employees.

The lad deserves a knighthood.

Member 113277

Yup. That and the ankle injury he’s apparently been carrying. It’s a tricky one though. Off-field activities definitely can be a distraction. Even incredibly noble ones like this.
I wouldn't be surprised if this cause becomes more important to him, than football. It may turn out to be his true calling in life.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some people are actually telling him to concentrate on his football cause his for hasn’t been that great. People never cease to amaze me. :lol: :houllier:

alexthelion

That bloke is completely detached from the realities of the real world. Of course parents want to feed their children. It is having the means to do so.
Maybe I have an old fashioned view of things, but he's right, it's the parents' responsibility to feed their kid(s).

If they can't afford it, they shouldn't have the kid(s) in the first place.

People need to take responsibilty for their actions, not expect things to be given to them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Maybe I have an old fashioned view of things, but he's right, it's the parents' responsibility to feed their kid(s).

People need to take responsibilty for their actions, not expect things to be given to them.
What if at some point they could afford it but then lost their job or a medical emergency put them in a difficult situation?

Snuffkin

What if at some point they could afford it but then lost their job or a medical emergency put them in a difficult situation?
Yea the economy is in crisis with job losses on the horizon and people will need help, the kids are the future

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Yeah because life just works like that. So black and white.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

You do realise that at the moment a lot of people have lost their jobs, what are they supposed to do, go to the workhouse. The bills are still there, their children are still there.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Jesus God. Of course it's the parent's responsibility to feed their children. But what happens when they can't? Just feck the kids and let them suffer?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Cool, I hope you never have any real bad times in your life that are out of your control, would hate for you to have to face up to any responsibilities!

NM

Yes - people should take responsibility for a virus causing the economy to be in turmoil and them losing their jobs.

The "F poor people" attitude that most people seem to have shocks me.

I hope you never have to go through sudden job loss. I'm currently worknig 80+ hours a week to keep my 100 person team employeed as if we don't deliver a lot of them will be on the chopping block. These are guys with good paying jobs who are still petrified as the currenty system of rent and bills means they don't have a lot of savings..

If they are in that boat, what hope do the low income people of the world have?

scream

The MP is my area, Lee Anderson, and neighbouring MP, Ben Bradley, are taking the 'if they can't afford the kids they shouldn't have them' approach fundamentally.
Completely out of touch and lacking of compassion and understanding, especially in the current climate.
Our MP is forever on Facebook posting controversial items purely for right wing reaction, it's hideous to read and realise that such hideous people live among us.

BigBadKev

Jesus God. Of course it's the parent's responsibility to feed their children. But what happens when they can't? Just feck the kids and let them suffer?
This for me is the point. As parents of course its our responsibility to feed our kids. However, the issue comes when people simply cannot afford to pay for one reason or another. I am so glad I have never had to face this issue, but I am also glad we live in a country where GENERALLY people get help for this sort of thing, though clearly not enough. Thankfully we also have people like Marcus standing up and making our government try and take accountability. That we have Marcus and charities dedicated to this here in the UK is almost shameful, no child should go hungry, heck no-one should go hungry. Food waste in the billions each year and people go hungry. Insane.

pacifictheme

Twat

Peoples circumstamces can change.

TrustInOle

Possibly the worst post I have seen in recent times. You are aware that alot of hard working parents lost almost everything due to the pandemic. Such a black and white view, should be ashamed mate!

youmeletsfly

Even if that would be generally true, you'd still have hungry kids. It's not the kid's fault his parents can't provide or won't provide, no matter the reason behind it.

That's what people don't fecking get these days, it's not black or white when it to these kind of things.

Poverty and hunger will totally break a kid's health, confidence and integration in society.

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
God, some weird people in here. It’s a mark against government that these moves are needed. It’s a scummy uncaring Boris gov, so what can you expect? Dreadfully poor opposition, too, over the last years when they were most needed. Fair play to Rashford- I think he’s genuine. Generally I’d be deeply skeptical of celebrity do-gooders or egotistical pricks like Bono ‘advising‘ world leaders. But he has a big heart and wants to help, that’s admirable.

Only problem with this from a team POV, is this too much of a distraction? Focus, concentration, composure In front of goal is what Mr. M.R. needs to build on. Whether this kind of voluntary effort (and it’s all consuming, demanding work) is a help or a hindrance is a fair question.

Abizzz

God, some weird people in here. It’s a mark against government that these moves are needed. It’s a scummy uncaring Boris gov, so what can you expect? Dreadfully poor opposition, too, over the last years when they were most needed. Fair play to Rashford- I think he’s genuine. Generally I’d be deeply skeptical of celebrity do-gooders or egotistical pricks like Bono ‘advising‘ world leaders. But he has a big heart and wants to help, that’s admirable.

Only problem with this from a team POV, is this too much of a distraction? Focus, concentration, composure In front of goal is what Mr. M.R. needs to build on. Whether this kind of voluntary effort (and it’s all consuming, demanding work) is a help or a hindrance is a fair question.
I don't think that's a problem at all. He's not skipping training to go campaigning or something. He speaks with a voice of authority because of his own experience and has the attention because of his position. I can hardly recall such a young man going about it with this much class.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Heartless bastards aren’t they. Zero empathy. “That’s the parents job” erm ever heard of poverty dipshit? No of course not. Good on Marcus.

Smores

Are you saying only people with absolute financial security should have kids? 50k in the bank type security?

I always think that's the subtext, that the lower classes shouldn't breed then we wouldn't have to support them. Even worse poor kids are the fault of the poor, their parents chose to have them so they're to blame by association.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bit off topic but he's become my mums favourite. I don't think she's loved a footballer this much since George Best!

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Spoken like a true Tory.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Maybe you're an idiot with no understanding of life in the real world where things don't always go to plan.