Rashford is going ahead with surgery and could be out until October

Cathy Ferguson

Front 3 should be Rashford, Ronaldo and Greenwood. Sancho needs more time. I guess Rashford is not ready quite yet for full contact?

Shimo

mans been squatting :cool:
Just saw the pic and was coming here to comment - his quad looks massive even running next to Pogba. Just hope he hasn't gone extreme and leads to tight muscles leading to strains/tears.

MadMike

I want a body like that, but I don't want to work for it.

Science has failed me :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hope he gets the all clear, we miss his pace & directness from the left and I feel Shaw has a better understanding with him than Pogba. Could be a big season from Rashford

Hammondo

Hope he gets the all clear, we miss his pace & directness from the left and I feel Shaw has a better understanding with him than Pogba. Could be a big season from Rashford
All we do is directness, it's why we did so many shots in crap positions

Hammondo

So you’re saying we don’t miss Rashfords 20 goals a season? Ok then how do we make that number up?
It's not about goals, that's not really how things work. Do we need another runner? Is that our problem? Will that help make 20 goals? I really don't think so.

Against villa all we did was run and shoot for large parts of the game, this was our problem, too much of it.

Kramer

Absolutely - expecting a big season from him. We def miss his pace and directness. He brings balance to our attack and will create more space for the likes of Ronaldo to exploit. And I’m sure he’s extra motivated to play with his idol.

Given our fixture list in Oct and November, dying to have him back in the squad ASAP.

Also his return would ensure Pogba drops back into midfield. And whatever people say abt Pogba’s defensive deficiencies, having him play there ensures more quality than McFred.

golden_blunder

Staff
It's not about goals, that's not really how things work. Do we need another runner? Is that our problem? Will that help make 20 goals? I really don't think so.

Against villa all we did was run and shoot for large parts of the game, this was our problem, too much of it.
Goals win games, it’s all about goals. Rashford has been a goal scorer for us from a wide position. Off course we miss that.
And btw by directness I don’t just mean taking pot shots, I mean running at people, committing defenders, freeing up space for others, assisting goals, putting defenders under pressure.

I see nothing wrong with taking on lots of shots, as long as they are the right option taken at the time. Sometimes we take the wrong option.

Hammondo

Goals win games, it’s all about goals. Rashford has been a goal scorer for us from a wide position. Off course we miss that.
And btw by directness I don’t just mean taking pot shots, I mean running at people, committing defenders, freeing up space for others, assisting goals, putting defenders under pressure.

I see nothing wrong with taking on lots of shots, as long as they are the right option taken at the time. Sometimes we take the wrong option.
We did loads of running against Aston villa, we ran at the most of the first half when we had the ball, we don't need more of it.

Just because Rashford has scored 20 goals previously does not mean we would gain 20 goals by playing him, that's not how statistics or football works.

golden_blunder

Staff
We did loads of running against Aston villa, we ran at the most of the first half when we had the ball, we don't need more of it.

Just because Rashford has scored 20 goals previously does not mean we would gain 20 goals by playing him, that's not how statistics or football works.
Well it is how it works if a player who you know scores goals every season is absent from the team for a period of time. We miss his threat of goals. Further, he is more likely to score than most others

now please stop patronizing people who don’t agree with you

Hammondo

Well it is how it works if a player who you know scores goals every season is absent from the team for a period of time. We miss his threat of goals. Further, he is more likely to score than most others

now please stop patronizing people who don’t agree with you
Sigh, it's not worth the effort.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

let's no forget the amount of penalties he wins also.

We don't have anybody else that uses trickery in the box like he does. His passing is actually very under rated too. How many times he came up with a clutch assist when we needed it last year when playing bad?

I can't wait for him to return, I think/hope this time off will give him a renewed focus and will explode into the player we always hoped.

Might take him a few games to get up to speed but he's looking in great shape.

golden_blunder

Staff
let's no forget the amount of penalties he wins also.

We don't have anybody else that uses trickery in the box like he does. His passing is actually very under rated too. How many times he came up with a clutch assist when we needed it last year when playing bad?

I can't wait for him to return, I think/hope this time off will give him a renewed focus and will explode into the player we always hoped.

Might take him a few games to get up to speed but he's looking in great shape.
Apparently we won’t miss him because we already run too much and take too many shots. See LVG above

MiceOnMeth

So excited for his return. He's going to have a monster Ronaldo in 2006/7 explosion of a season i can just feel it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally don't rate fans who don't rate Rashford.

I don't care what that says about me.

Pisses me off the way people talk about him then talked about Sancho like a piece of perfection in the Bundesliga or even now Greenwood every chance they get.

tomaldinho1

Pisses me off the way people talk about him then talked about Sancho like a piece of perfection in the Bundesliga or even now Greenwood every chance they get.
When he's fit, he's unbelievably good. Feel like now we have enough cover, we should be able to manage him through full seasons no problem. Last time I remember fit Rashy was beating City and he was so quick I thought my screen had lagged

Swiss_Red89

When he's fit, he's unbelievably good. Feel like now we have enough cover, we should be able to manage him through full seasons no problem. Last time I remember fit Rashy was beating City and he was so quick I thought my screen had lagged
You mean at the Etihad in december 19 right? I remember a sprint from him over the whole field after a corner or so and it seemed as he would break the worldrecord for it :lol: He was amazing and electric in this form but unfortunately not long later his back problems occured.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bloody Excited. We need his directness. Pogba as good as he is on the ball, dwells too much. Rashford has that explosiveness. If it doesn't work out always, it just creates chaos in the box.

eire-red

In that LW position, probably the only player I'd trade him for is Mbappe. Bruno and Rashford are the only two attackers in our squad who can deliver when it truly matters, and that sets them miles apart from the rest.

Ixion

I remember a month ago people questioning how Rashford would even get a game for us with Sancho and Greenwood in the side. He should go straight in.

redshaw

I remember a month ago people questioning how Rashford would even get a game for us with Sancho and Greenwood in the side. He should go straight in.
Yes, also I remember a while before that it was just Rashford and Bruno who were certainties. Rashford is still one of our few main players.

A fit and ready Rashford should be incredible again. Can't fecking wait.

Flytan

I was one of them. Granted I still think Greenwood is good and deserves to start, but Sancho has not adapted well yet. Plenty of time but Rashford/Ronaldo/Greenwood should be the front three for me.

Really hope he isn't rushing himself back though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Well it actually does if you play someone like Pogba in his position who won't bring you more than 5-10 goals. Or Martial who is even better goalscorer but still doesn't score often as Rashford in recent years.

I didn't see Sancho scoring many goals either so far, and I am pretty sure Rashford would have scored at least one or two playing asuch as him so far.

tomaldinho1

You mean at the Etihad in december 19 right? I remember a sprint from him over the whole field after a corner or so and it seemed as he would break the worldrecord for it :lol: He was amazing and electric in this form but unfortunately not long later his back problems occured.
Yep think the same - I have no idea how to timestamp but the move starts around 45 secs in when the ball breaks to James:

Such a bad finish after breaking the sound barrier to get there.

croadyman

Last time I remember him being fully fit was before that Wolves FA cup replay in Jan 2020 when he got the back injury, we saw glimpses of his top form when blitzing Leipzig at home last season but still carrying those two injuries at the time

stevoc

Dafeck?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The question that needs to be raised that no one is raising is what the feck will happen to pogba when rashford returns ? Either that's the end of mcfred as pogba slots in the middle or he's on the bench. If its the latter his fat agent will start making noises before tricky european nights.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That was such a brilliant performance from him and the team. First half alone we should have scored 3-4 goals. He also hit the post from outside the box without any back lift. That would have been one of his best goals.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
DDG
AWB Varane Maguire Shaw
Mctominay
Bruno Pogba
Greenwood Ronaldo Rashford​

I give up from having any build up play from our midfield, we just don’t have a midfield or any system/style at all anyway. So, just pass the ball to Bruno and Pogba, and asking them to supply those throughballs to our front 3. Our front 3 are all selfish but it doesn’t matter, just let them run and shoot whenever they feel free to do so, they’ll score anyway. We don’t need double pivot to cover our defense when we have Varane+Maguire as our CB anyway. We don’t need to win midfield battle too, cause we won’t, and our midfielders don’t know how to organize anything anyway.

Ronaldo will get us 35+ goals, Rashford and Greenwood can both get us 20+, Bruno will get us 15+, so that’s 90 goals for us already. Varane+Maguire plus in form De Gea would help us concede less.

Lynty

You can't reason with the cult mate.
He is the Messiah and without him no way anyone else cans step up and score apparently.
It's a cult to say we miss Rashford?

We should be beating Young Boys, West Ham and Villa without Rashford and he doesn't solve our issues. But he certainly offers something that non of our other wingers can offer. He's a valuable tool to have back in the squad and I predict he'll quickly gain his starting place back.

Hammondo

It's a cult to say we miss Rashford?

We should be beating Young Boys, West Ham and Villa without Rashford and he doesn't solve our issues. But he certainly offers something that non of our other wingers can offer. He's a valuable tool to have back in the squad and I predict he'll quickly gain his starting place back.
Hes just more of the same though, and not at all solving what our issues are.