Rashford is going ahead with surgery and could be out until October

Dve

Means:

Sancho - Striker - Greenwood

or

Pogba - Striker - Sancho

jesperjaap

I love Rashford as a person how he comes across, as a player I am still on the fence in terms of what he brings consistency wise.....but he was one of a couple of players looked out of sorts the last few months of the season. What with all the added horrible stuff of the last few days.....he really needs a break mentally and physically for me, perfect time for a vacation and surgery in my opinion.

I really think he has a struggle to maintain his place next season if players progress and perform, but coming back refreshed and 100% is vital to him.

I dont worry how we survive without him from surgery personally as mentioned. As things stand Pogba, Elanga, James, Martial, Greenwood, Sancho, Amad, Shoetire, Hannibal can all play left dependant to who starts on the right, that is a big pool of players. Some without experience, some for me not the right options and one I feel may not be here. I think if Pogba leaves and Cavani stays fit and is number one uop front....Greenwood is the best option, think he may link up brilliantly with Shaw actually

flappyjay

Very good decision Sancho and Greenwood can hold down the fort in his absence and we might see a bit more of Amad.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
A big loss but much needed. It's hard to be bitter about his Euros inclusion as I think he pushed through with us towards the end too.

I'm expecting big things from Daniel in his absence.

Thiagoal

I’m no surgeon but how the hell does a shoulder surgery keep you out for 10 weeks?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Big loss to start the season
A fit and firing Rashford would be a loss, I love him and won't hear a bad thing said about him but he clearly wasn't in his best form for probably the entire second half of the season last time out due to the mounting injuries

Gutting not to see him pull on the shirt for a few months but hopefully when he is back we see him back to his best
Him on the left with Jadon on the right :drool:

Oldyella

Good. Get it done and get healthy. Him coming back firing will be a nice boost.

RedDevil@84

If only Southgate told him he was not in plans, this could have happened way earlier.

RUCK4444

Ffs should have had it the moment we finished last season, especially with numpty Southgate having his clear favourites.

This is a major loss for us to start the season with.

Dve

Strange spelling of Cavani.
Martial is still in the mix and Cavani won´t play every game.

And If Rashford is out until October, I doubt Amad will be sent out on load.

cyberman

Martial is still in the mix and Cavani won´t play every game.

And If Rashford is out until October, I doubt Amad will be sent out on load.
Pogba / Sancho / Martial / Cavani / Greenwood / James
Thats 2 options for each position. If Ole thinks Amad needs a loan then he won't stall his progress for the cost of 6 weeks.

FatTails

Amazing. Time to get all healed up and rested. He’s been playing and carrying injuries for far too long and that can’t possibly be good for his longevity.

Womp

idiot
12 weeks is quite excessive for a shoulder tear, no? The swollen ankle sounds more concerning to me, if anything.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Hope he gets all the surgery and recovery time he needs to get himself right. Fortunately, with Sancho, James and potentially Pogba, Martial, Elanga, left wing is the deepest position in our squad.

stu_1992

Glad to hear he's finally getting his surgery. It's sounded like he's needed this for quite some time. It will be a shame to see him miss a solid chunk of the season but I'd rather have him back refreshed, healthy and ready to go rather than have him continue in the form he had been in since struggling.

We should have Greenwood with a full pre season and hopefully Martial back somewhere close to his best. Plus the addition of Sancho so it should on paper be enough to keep us going for a while anyway.

Superden

So he played through some pretty serious injuries for both his club and Country and there's fans on here still slagging him off. Shameful.

DickDastardly

I know its not comparable, but for the sake of argument, let's try.

You know you're injured, and your employer knows that as well. You then go and "work" for somebody else, pro bono by the way, you actually don't "work" at all, because the guy that wanted you there doesn't even need you and then, you come back to your employer and say, "i'm gonna go on a holliday for a while, and when i come back, i'm gonna go on a surgery and won't come back for a couple of months, that's ok, right?"

Tldr, just saying, could have been done with more consideration to United, but ok.

Maybe its just me.

Dve

Pogba / Sancho / Martial / Cavani / Greenwood / James
Thats 2 options for each position. If Ole thinks Amad needs a loan then he won't stall his progress for the cost of 6 weeks.
Pogba may still go, and if everyone else stays fit and Amad does not get to play, he could still go out on loan in January.

FujiVice

Not a massive loss in the sense that I want him back fit and firing. As long as it takes, but as long as we have him 100%

djembatheking

Can`t fault him playing through pain to help club and country , hope he comes back strong.
Is this where we see Martial show some grit and give us the desire and drive that we`ll lose with Rashford out.

Matthew84!

Well we all knew it was coming and let's be honest Rashford needs a break anyway, he was carrying so many niggles plus his shoulder injury.
12 weeks may seem excessive but perhaps they are over stating it so no one expects him back in 6 weeks or something stupid.
We've got plenty of cover and getting him back fully fit as to be his our priority over him playing at 50%.

I like many do wonder if he could of had it lined up or had it done before the Euros but no point in going over it.

RedDevil@84

So he played through some pretty serious injuries for both his club and Country and there's fans on here still slagging him off. Shameful.
Not condoning slagging him off, but that's just BS. If the player is injured, knows he can't give his best in the condition and knows that he needs a surgery, then he should take the surgery, rather than try to "play through injuries" and give performances that are neither here nor there.

Zoo

And Solskjaer has still brought him on for 10-30 minutes at the end of the season for some meaningless matches :houllier::houllier::houllier:
Wouldn’t have made any difference. The injury has been long-standing and it was just about deciding when to get it sorted.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not condoning slagging him off, but that's just BS. If the player is injured, knows he can't give his best in the condition and knows that he needs a surgery, then he should take the surgery, rather than try to "play through injuries" and give performances that are neither here nor there.
Regardless of whether his performances have been there or not the end product has, regardless of the injuries he was still be racking up important goals and assists at a time where alternative options were Dan James and Amad who'd only been in the country for a few months

TheReligion

Abusive
Some of the comments in here are ridiculous.

Put yourself in his shoes. He wanted to go to the Euros and represent his country. He's hardly played, which he wouldn't have known, but has been part of a great camp that's brought the nation together and made it to the final. Irrespective of what happened in the final do you think he'd change that amazing experience? Being sat at home watching whilst your mates are having the time of their lives?

Bloody hell. Just wish him a speedy recovery and stop finding stupid shit to complain about.

Cman

I personally think it’s a joke that he’s not having it for 3 weeks. Totally disrespectful to the club. No way he couldn’t have had it line up for the start of this week. So either he wasn’t arsed to get it sorted or he has just decided to take 3 weeks hols on top of his 6 weeks with England. Surely he could of had a holiday while recovering.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Didn't he also have an ankle injury he was playing through? I'm assuming that one didn't need a surgery.