Rashford must be dropped!

Withnail

I think he would be playing less as a number 9 if Martial was available. I may get pelters for this but if I may ask, did Alexis get enough games in the center forward position for us to make a valid judgement about him?
For fans to decide probably not, but he obviously wasn't doing anything in training that would have warranted giving him a starting place as a CF under two different managers.

RoyH1

It was obvious that when Lukaku left we were going to be light up top. But which world class striker is going to want to come to this shit show?
With what we can pay, I imagine quite a number of them. Problem is what their clubs want to be paid for their transfer.

The Firestarter

Our wage policy is so wrong it's painful to even think about it. Local lad that supposedly eats and breathes Man Utd and will 'die' for the club was allowed to extort the club for a wage that's higher than the fecking England CF.

What should have happened is, gradually increase his wage consistent with his performance . He won't go anywhere-that's the club he would die for, innit?

Bearded One

For fans to decide probably not, but he obviously wasn't doing anything in training that would have warranted giving him a starting place as a CF under two different managers.
Permit me to ask how you came about that. What if the managers never really saw him as a CF and persisted with the idea of him being a wide player. We have to accept that managers too have their biases, preferences and styles.

Noy saying Alexis would deffo make it as a CF but I wouldn't mind to see it tested especially now that we are lean on that front.

TRUERED89

He can't shoot, he makes the wrong decision every time. He lacks ability. He is the definition of a pace merchant and I don't know if coaching is going to make lot of difference.
He's currently sh!t, but he's not a pace merchant, go watch his goals..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our wage policy is so wrong it's painful to even think about it. Local lad that supposedly eats and breathes Man Utd and will 'die' for the club was allowed to extort the club for a wage that's higher than the fecking England CF.

What should have happened is, gradually increase his wage consistent with his performance . He won't go anywhere-that's the club he would die for, innit?
His agent pulled a blinder with all that Barcelona talk. Lindelöf's too.

And we think players use our name for a new contract!

Renegade

Did well for the assist? The ball was meant for Pogba. Scott had to adjust the ball with a brilliant piece of footwork before hitting it.

The Firestarter

Did well for the assist? The ball was meant for Pogba. Scott had to adjust the ball with a brilliant piece of footwork before hitting it.
Yeah that's a real desperate defence for Rashy. It's not like he made a 50m forward pass. He passed back FFS.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I feel bad for him. He's had three different managers before the age of 22, the last two (including his current one) haven't coached him properly at all, and now he's being asked to play when he's clearly not fit. He's in danger of having his career killed before he's 25.

Withnail

Permit me to ask how you came about that. What if the managers never really saw him as a CF and persisted with the idea of him being a wide player. We have to accept that managers too have their biases, preferences and styles.

Noy saying Alexis would deffo make it as a CF but I wouldn't mind to see it tested especially now that we are lean on that front.
Well it is an assumption, granted but he never showed anything to deem himself worthy of even a spot on the bench while he was at United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We should just commit to playing him on the wing.
Pretty much, although I believe this will also become a problem very soon. Is he a good enough winger?

For now he will surely do though, play him on the wing

iKeano

He's not a 9,
He's not a 10,
He's not an 11.

The "Rashy" conundrum.

Ego inflated, over-rated, Lingard-traited.

If Olé trusts the youth so much, he should have hauled him off for Greenwood when he arrived on the slow train to James' cross which led to McTominay's goal.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
he suddenly looks clueless. had a break away just before we scored and never looked like scoring. he didn't even get a shot away. it's almost that without Martial (not too wonderful either) offering competition for "number nine" slot, he's become even less motivated. I'm afraid he looks like he believes his own PR... not sure I'd miss him if we were to get a real goal scorer instead

Noc-Z

ffs
He's not a 9,
He's not a 10,
He's not an 11.

The "Rashy" conundrum.

Ego inflated, over-rated, Lingard-traited.

If Olé trusts the youth so much, he should have hauled him off for Greenwood when he arrived on the slow train to James' cross which led to McTominay's goal.
Exactly my thoughts. He's not good enough at any of these positions. I just don't think he should be a starter for us at all.

jackal&hyde

Every man and his dog can see he isnt a striker...except Ole. Baffling since it is the one area of the pitch you think Ole would be good at.
Ole named Martial as our number 9 and we failed in buying the CF we wanted, what else do you want Ole to do?

hp88

Thought he looked like Welbeck MK2 yesterday. Can't be pausing like that in front of goal.

bondsname

The lack of anticipation for crosses is telling. Fecker expects everything to come at him rather than him making intelligent runs to get at the end of them.

Clueless CF play.
Isn't Rashford supposed to be a Ronaldo fan? Just seem to me that he is supposed to know for certain that the greatest strikers get themselves in the right positions, so why the feck isn't he doing it? I just can't fecking understand. Why?

And don't tell me his confidence is affecting this aspect of his game, if it affects him that bad that he can't make a run slightly to his left than he needs to feck off.

TrueRed79

This is his 5th year with the first team. He's not good enough. Lacks the instincts of a natural no.9. Runs down blind alleys, doesnt make any runs across defenders in the box. James has put in plenty of balls across the pen area and Rashford just runs into defenders. He was useless last night and if Ole thinks he's the answer then we are in big trouble.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Complete mismanagement of this player for years now. He’s been allowed to think he’s Ronaldo trying new free kicks and stupid dipping passes without ever practicing the basics of actually controlling a football.

jackal&hyde

succeed in buying one?
It's not his job to negotiate fees and wages. He said he identified a CF but we couldn't get him. Think the board did the same thing they did with Mourinho and a central defender the summer before last. The board is letting our managers down.

Martialfc

He can’t be dropped. He’s better than Lingard and Andreas and the squad is so stretched we can’t afford not to play him.

UpWithRivers

Ole named Martial as our number 9 and we failed in buying the CF we wanted, what else do you want Ole to do?
Oh I dunno maybe refuse to sell Sanchez and Lukau until a replacement is signed. Get the team playing functional attacking football that produces opportunities for the strikers. Coach Rashford so he improves. Coach anyone so they improve. Man manage players properly like giving Rashford a break...why did he play against Rochdale. Stop playing Pogba so deep as he is the only player capable of creating opportunities. Find Rashfords best position....how much more do u want?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He can’t be dropped. He’s better than Lingard and Andreas and the squad is so stretched we can’t afford not to play him.
Yeah you do wonder who should play instead of him!
Greenwood, who Ole barely allows to play 10mins in the league?

Denis79

He's been poor like many of our players but we have few choices if we bench him. Rashford took a wrong turn somewhere in his development which is unfortunate, I had high hopes.

He'sRaldo

Remember how the Café had a boner over this Pepe clown in the summer, he's worse than JLingz :lol:. Thank feck fans don't call shots for the club.. Would have been another entry to our expensive flop list..
Pepe would have improved us, no doubt.

RedIan

There is too much pressure on Rashford now. Expectations are all on him as we have no one else. Its a disgrace not buying strikers to replace Lukaku and sanchez... we are the laughing stock of the prem.
I backed ole but his failure to replace the strikers who left, OR replace the midfielders Herrera and Fellani is just sheer lunacy. Its going to Cost us badly.
The seasons a write off in October and i just hope we bloody stay up ! The January window needs to come fast !

John Blund

FFS lukaku would be getting crushed after having a game like this.
Because Rashford is having a joyful read on twitter and on RedCafe?

Playing JLingz over Rash would be a crime. Yes - I'd be happy to see Rash play as RW, Greenwood as ST, and Pogba as our 10. JLingz as number 10 is just a waste of space. I don't think he linked up with any others in the top 3 one time yesterday. He's just passing it backward all game - not creating anything.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
His lack of improvement over the years is my top concern. 1) You never see him dribble with his left when the situation demands it. He just hasn't learned how. 2) He only shoots with his left if there is no other option and the shot is usually weak. In fact, he shoots with his weak foot like a teenager still learning. Doesn't bend the knee... 3) His insight and football knowledge is very weak. Passes when he should dribble and dribbles when he should pass. 4) His passing is usually inaccurate and/or with the wrong weight. He just has little feel for that part of the game.

I really wonder if he has a even decent enough touch to play monkey in the middle effectively. I would love to see video because I would bet he is usually the worst player in the circle.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
His lack of improvement over the years is my top concern. 1) You never see him dribble with his left when the situation demands it. He just hasn't learned how. 2) He only shoots with his left if there is no other option and the shot is usually weak. In fact, he shoots with his weak foot like a teenager still learning. Doesn't bend the knee... 3) His insight and football knowledge is very weak. Passes when he should dribble and dribbles when he should pass. 4) His passing is usually inaccurate and/or with the wrong weight. He just has little feel for that part of the game.

I really wonder if he has a even decent enough touch to play monkey in the middle effectively. I would love to see video because I would bet he is usually the worst player in the circle.
He'll be executed for that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Rashford can't be dropped because squad is depleted, thanks to our brilliant transfer strategy which was to to spend 500m to get actually worse than ever.

He'll play because players like Chong are still undeveloped and players Mata have speed of an astronaut on the moon.

There's no other option, but to try and find someone in January. Truly despicable situation to be in.