Rashford must be dropped!

DRM

Not dropped, but he needs to be moved to the right (or left). Basically he needs to be played wide, his pace can somewhat help.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Not dropped, but he needs to be moved to the right (or left). Basically he needs to be played wide, his pace can somewhat help.
Ideally he would be best on the right, with James on the left, but his better games have been from the left. He does well picking the ball up in midfield, and attacking the opposing defence, but his decision making is poor, and he tends to shoot from anywhere. If he would just get his head up when breaking into the opposition box then he could lay the ball on a plate for a team mate in a better position.

FerociousCorgis

Because Rashford is having a joyful read on twitter and on RedCafe?

Playing JLingz over Rash would be a crime. Yes - I'd be happy to see Rash play as RW, Greenwood as ST, and Pogba as our 10. JLingz as number 10 is just a waste of space. I don't think he linked up with any others in the top 3 one time yesterday. He's just passing it backward all game - not creating anything.
think he is just now getting the heat rightfully.

romufc

I don't think Rashford can cope with the pressure of being a senior player at Utd.

TheLeviathan

He won't be dropped. And shouldn't be dropped. Time to step up and play himself through bad form.

alexthelion

Not that making a thread here is going to have any impact on whether Rashford is played or not but is it only Ole that is unable to see how bad Rashford is?

Yes we don't have any options up front at the moment but I would have any of our attackers play up front over this guy at the minute. Players being played based on reputation or due to being a 'local lad' or for being young and English needs to stop.
Who will replace him? A very raw 17 year old kid?

We're going to have to put up with him until Martial is back (whenever that is).

GamerKurisu

He is only good out wide, the problem is Ole must see him as a number 9 and the fact Rashford believes his own hype. If he wants a career at the highest level he needs to play from a wide area.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmichael

Think a proper switch to 4-3-3 with the front 3 being James on the left and Martial through the middle once he’s fit with Rashford benched until he improves or realises he’s not indispensable is the best way for us to go at the moment, I’m not even going to suggest what to do with the right hand side as it’s a thankless task.

Judas

Open to offers
He is only good out wide, the problem is Ole must see him as a number 9 and the fact Rashford believes his own hype. If he wants a career at the highest level he needs to play from a wide area.
Oh is it a fact? Didn't realise that. Where did you learn this fact then pal? The narrative that Rashford is Ronaldo in the ego department is so utterly bizarre. Is this because he wears flashy clothes or because he takes free kicks?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh is it a fact? Didn't realise that. Where did you learn this fact then pal? The narrative that Rashford is Ronaldo in the ego department is so utterly bizarre. Is this because he wears flashy clothes or because he takes free kicks?
I agree with this. People are very presumptuous about his ego.

OverratedOpinion

Some of that is down to him though. For all his running he's got terrible movement in the box. Whenever a ball is fizzed across the box he seems to be stood on his heels around the penalty spot.
Yeah maybe, I do get the feeling that if he was playing for a better team he would score at a very good rate.

Hughie77

Tend to agree, he's not 100% fit, needs to be taken out for his own sake, but who have we got instead? You cannot throw Greenwood in yet. But I'd still give him more minutes in games.

GamerKurisu

Yes, if you've been around football long enough you will get used to noticing these people a mile off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I know you never said that, but you did say united shouldn't fear losing him...

And this 'us' that you talk about is an ideal and imaginary construct or aspiration that you have built up in your mind, in the same way people harp on about 'the united way.' That team no longer exists...

To say that Lukaku is somehow below the standards of a team and forward line whose actual standards are clearly below his own is just bizarre IMO!

You're imaginarily dropping people from an imaginary team because said player doesen't meet the requirements or standards of a team that doesen't actually exist except in your own imagination.

And moving on is fine, but before any replacement, or back up has arrived, and no plan B?

It's like eagerly jumping onto a boat that hasn't even arrived yet...
Why are we afraid of losing Rashford? What's wrong with not afraid of losing Rashford?

I even give Veron as another example that just because the player is considered to be talented doesn't mean they are suit with the football club or the manager. Ibrahimovic & Eto'o weren't good enough in Pep's view but they were one of the best striker.

I never said said that we shouldn't be replacing Lukaku. Sell him is not the issue, not replacing him is the issue.

You need to stop talking BS that I never say!! You are twisting my sentence, read them carefully and you can start talking to me again.

ExSalfordRed

He is obviously carrying an injury which is not helping him, but his main issue is intelligence ! He has no positional sense. He is playing as our main striker and when crosses come into the box he is on the wing or miles away from the play. It's so frustrating ! He looked better when he was 18 than he does now

Tony247

I remember when Ole took over he said rashford needs to shake off his nervousness at the time of shooting. It looks like he still hasn't.

I also remember Ole complaining (kind of) that he is not working hard enough. Not exact words but same meaning.

Last edited:

Amerifan

Watch him after the ball leaves his area. He’s obviously injured and it’s affecting his performances. He’s only playing because the squad is so thin in front. When Martial returns I hope he gets time for a proper rehab.

simplyared

He's the best we've got. Dropping him certainly wouldn't do him any good. The team wouldn't benefit either. So no point! The lad's giving his all but no it's just not working. Obviously his head isn't in the right place and that needs to be addressed by our coaching staff. Should have been sorted long before now. If we haven't got the right person in house to get him right then we must hire somone who can ffs. A total waste of talent!

Last edited:

HowieC

He's the best we've got. Dropping him certainly wouldn't do him any good. The team wouldn't benefit either. So no point! The lad's giving his all but no it's just not working. Obviously his head isn't in the right place and that needs to be addressed by our coaching staff. Should have been sorted long before now. If we haven't got the right person in house to get him right then we must hire somone who can ffs. A total waste of talent!
Greenwood is way better even at 17. Beyond the 2 goals in 2 games, as opposed to Rashys 1 in 18, he is just technically leaps and bounds above.

We should play Greenwood.

-Supreme-

I've been told that he's been carrying an injury since the Liverpool game in February, i wonder when people will ever stop pulling those injuries excuses?

His good form only lasted 2 months since Ole took over and he never recovered since

Kostov

He is better than what he is currently showing, but that is the pressure of playing for this club I guess, you can't go in such dire patches of form. Getting Martial back would help the situation imo, he can be moved to the wings and with less pressure try and get some confidence back.

InfiniteBoredom

He tries to play like a young Rooney with nowhere near the level of strength, finesse or stamina.

Stop bloody running around aimlessly and conserve your energy for the right moments, that takes some thinking though, which is not one of his strong suit.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What do you mean by pull? You suggested he should have signed a player which isn't within his remit. He can be blamed for a lot of things but not getting deals done isn't one of them. That's on Ed and the Board.
you made it sound as if he has no say at all... you telling me the board turned down SAF? my point is he isn't strong enough (or in a strong enough position, which isn't good for the club)

Withnail

you made it sound as if he has no say at all... you telling me the board turned down SAF? my point is he isn't strong enough (or in a strong enough position, which isn't good for the club)
Well it's unfair to compare Fergie to any current manager. He had way more power than they'd ever be given.

Although I wouldn't be surprised. He certainly couldn't have been happy replacing Ronaldo with Valencia, Obertan and Michael Owen.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
He will have had so many chances by the time we get to January. If he is still as useless then as he is now then he should be replaced with a new signing.

HowieC

He will have had so many chances by the time we get to January. If he is still as useless then as he is now then he should be replaced with a new signing.
Yeah but how are we gonna sell him. Even people discussing his inflated stats on fifa are calling him Rashford in real life and overrated.

He is on 200k. There will be no takers.