What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why is the club so afraid of losing this guy? Move on, he’s been long enough in here. Never mind an improved deal, he doesn’t deserve his current 200k p.w. If Rashford really wants to be here, what about ask 50% paycut. At least that will show that you want to be here not because of money but because you want to play for this club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I voted sell but I'm getting really bummed about this whole situation , he's a decent kid (despite the best efforts of his pr team to convince me otherwise) and I really enjoyed watching him when he was on his game.
Besides who could really buy him anyway, he's on 200k a week , I doubt Newcastle take the risk and barca doesn't want him anymore I think (if there ever was a interest to begin with).

This is really looking like his end with us but I'm hoping for a miracle that he somehow turns it around... :(

Kaos

I voted sell but I'm getting really bummed about this whole situation , he's a decent kid (despite the best efforts of his pr team to convince me otherwise) and I really enjoyed watching him when he was on his game.
Besides who could really buy him anyway, he's on 200k a week , I doubt Newcastle take the risk and barca doesn't want him anymore I think (if there ever was a interest to begin with).

This is really looking like his end with us but I'm hoping for a miracle that he somehow turns it around... :(
The fact that no one would be clawing to sign him is a pretty damning indictment. We're not a sanctuary for overrated, entitled players, if he's not going to get 200k anywhere else, then he shouldn't here as well. I wish we'd have some standards like our rivals.

We can't afford to be hoping for miracles anymore, we need to be ruthless and shed players who clearly look like they aren't going to take us a step further, not harbour them. The worst thing is he isn't even trying or looks remotely bothered whenever we do give him minutes lately. Say what you want about the likes of McFred and Dalot - yes they're ultimately not good enough to be mainstays of our team, but at least they put a shift in. Rashford adds further insult by sulking around the pitch, and on top of it has the audacity to leak to the press how he's bemused at the situation and considering a move. Rotten attitude to say the least with nothing to back it up on the pitch or previous accolades.

RopersReturn

I’d actually go as far to say he needs time out of the game. He seems preoccupied with other distractions, and he comes across as being a bit depressed which has affected his concentration massively.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The fact that no one would be clawing to sign him is a pretty damning indictment. We're not a sanctuary for overrated, entitled players, if he's not going to get 200k anywhere else, then he shouldn't here as well. I wish we'd have some standards like our rivals.

We can't afford to be hoping for miracles anymore, we need to be ruthless and shed players who clearly look like they aren't going to take us a step further, not harbour them. The worst thing is he isn't even trying or looks remotely bothered whenever we do give him minutes lately. Say what you want about the likes of McFred and Dalot - yes they're ultimately not good enough to be mainstays of our team, but at least they put a shift in. Rashford adds further insult by sulking around the pitch, and on top of it has the audacity to leak to the press how he's bemused at the situation and considering a move. Rotten attitude to say the least.
I'm being sentimental over here , but it just doesn't feel right, he was supposed to be our golden child, the who breaks the club record, but now nothing remains.
I won't mind giving him another chance though that probably would be the wrong choice.

m1tch

I think we'll end up being better off selling him but not till next summer given the sheer number of outgoings. That said, you can only sell the ones you get acceptable offers for, so let's see if any come in (for Rashford or any of the others). Could make for a statement signing for Newcastle, which is probably where Jesse ends up, and then that will save them from only having Snapchat to share handshakes and dances over.

stw2022

I'm being sentimental over here , but it just doesn't feel right, he was supposed to be our golden child, the who breaks the club record, but now nothing remains.
I won't mind giving him another chance though that probably would be the wrong choice.
The problem is I think being treated as the ‘golden child’ and being fawned over and pampered and treated like the love child of a Jesus, Princess Diana and David Attenborough 3-way is the reason why we see this sulky, entitled 24 year old who seems ‘bemused’ people have stopped kissing his feet. And he seems resolved to not put in any effort on the pitch until we all come to our senses and recognise him as the saviour.

L1nk

My guess is the only reason he gets murals and stuff is because of what he did politically recently? Because his football ability certainly doesn't warrant one, mad that you cannot criticise these players, even if I agree some of it is OTT sometimes

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

My guess is the only reason he gets murals and stuff is because of what he did politically recently? Because his football ability certainly doesn't warrant one, mad that you cannot criticise these players, even if I agree some of it is OTT sometimes
I still find it crazy that he has a mural at Old Trafford next to some of our legends.

No wonder he thinks he's above running.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was thinking that it may be best to trigger the 1 year extension and give him till next summer to prove himself. But then again that may result in him becoming impossibly to sell like many of our players. Right now he still has some goodwill and it may be the right time to get rid.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph

It's actually an advertisement for headphones or something

clarkydaz

its an ad, the logo in the corner. Like the Burberry one he had

OL29

I personally think he should be given one more season but if he wants guaranteed game time after the season he’s had then he needs to be be shown the door. Expeditiously.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
0 league titles, 0 CLs, 0 effort on the pitch, ego eclipsing Cr7's.

Marcus Rashford ladies and gentlemen.

AndySmith1990

How does "form is temporary, class is permanent" relate in any way to a pair of beats headphones? Doesn't much look like an advert to me, looks more like another PR stunt to blow more smoke up his arse

Banana Republic

How does "form is temporary, class is permanent" relate in any way to a pair of beats headphones?……..
It’s quite an appropriate association and quite funny.
Beats headphones are overpriced, low rent, plastic crap, with poor sound quality, noted for their one trick, over bloated, deep but poor quality bass.
Anyone who knows about headphones will see the connection with Rashford‘s abilities as a player.

It was always funny to see thick football players wearing this junk as a fashion statement.
Says it all.
No brains, no class.

Banana Republic

"Guarantee" of game time. Must be joking .
I think he’s on his way. Nobody should be demanding guaranteed playtime irrespective of their form.
100%
Nobody should be guaranteed playing time.
Not even Ronaldo or Messi.
Utd should in no way pander to this sort of crap.
If any player insists on, or demands guaranteed playing time, they should be shown the door, without delay.

Telsim

New low every day with this guy. Getting rid of him, Lingard and Pogba will be the best thing to happen to this club in a long time. Imagine making demands of play time when you are this awful. What a joker.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If a decent offer comes in then we should sell him.

Greck

I personally think he should be given one more season but if he wants guaranteed game time after the season he’s had then he needs to be be shown the door. Expeditiously.
At this club we break new ground everyday. We just invented the no-look PR. Tone deaf releases from an imaginary position of power.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
No resonably minded manager can make him any guarantees anymore. I'd be very surprised if Ten Hag does. And the fact that he's at this point tells you everything, he should go. It would be best for everybody.

Even if we get £40m, you could finally sort the RW position with that money. Anthony, Kulusevski, Raphinha...there's a few players that could be bought for little more than we got for Rashford.

romufc

Some of these footballers really need to be told the harsh realities. It seems they are living in a deluded bubble.

No one can guarantee you game time at a big club, less so if you are not even running.

He can leave if he wants, doubt anyone will give him the wage we give him after the last 18 months hes had.

M15 Red.

If a ridiculous offer arrived (40/50m) this summer I'd sell him but if not I'm happy to see what ETH can do with him.

RuudTom83

It’s a tricky one…next summer he’ll have 1 year left on this contact so if he’s not improved by then, United will have another Pogba situation.

But I don’t see any other club coming in for him with a decent offer.

Wilt

If a decent offer comes in then we should sell him.
Agree we should sell him, but don’t see him agreeing to go. He‘s on £200k per week, who would be stupid enough to pay him that ….Newcastle?

Banana Republic

.……He‘s on £200k per week, who would be stupid enough to pay him that ….Newcastle?
That’s the problem in trying to offload him.
Unless he’s prepared to take a big cut in pay, to more a realistic level, he’s not going to agree to sign for anyone else, unless they match or increase on his current ludicrous wages with Utd.
If Utd desperately wanted to get rid of him, they’d have to drop the selling price significantly, to make the wage demands more palatable to any prospective buying club.
With a bit of luck (more like wishful thinking), Rashford might agree to take that cut in wages if he desperately wanted to make a fresh start elsewhere.
Otherwise we’re stuck with him until his contract is renewed or expires.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
He should be sold, his form and drop off is unacceptable at an elite European club.
Considering his off the pitch exploits we should be able to get 70m for his brand etc.

Doesn’t he have a close relationship with Lingard, I wouldn’t be surprised if the leaks etc continued if Lingard went and Rashford stayed. It’s clear he’s been a big leak and his artitude is completely at odds with the spirit of the club, (Lingard) if Rashford is close with him you’d think he’d get him to nip it in the bud but he hasn’t.

Sadly I think he is part of a group that needs to be culled from the club. Perhaps Shaw, Maguire etc are similar.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Agree we should sell him, but don’t see him agreeing to go. He‘s on £200k per week, who would be stupid enough to pay him that ….Newcastle?
I think they are his most likely destination if he was to go, north, lots of cash and a statement signing

gajender

That’s the problem in trying to offload him.
Unless he’s prepared to take a big cut in pay, to more a realistic level, he’s not going to agree to sign for anyone else, unless they match or increase on his current ludicrous wages with Utd.
If Utd desperately wanted to get rid of him, they’d have to drop the selling price significantly, to make the wage demands more palatable to any prospective buying club.
With a bit of luck (more like wishful thinking), Rashford might agree to take that cut in wages if he desperately wanted to make a fresh start elsewhere.
Otherwise we’re stuck with him until his contract is renewed or expires.
Here is the thing his contract runs out in 2023 unless United opts for one year extension it is actually in Rashford's best interest to go find a club who are willing to give him long contract even at lower wages because at the moment he might still have some cache in the market , but another season similar to his last two he might even struggle to find club willing to take chance on him let alone give him top wages.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Judging on his form for the past year, he should demand not to be played, he'd have a better chance of making the squad if Southgate doesnt see him.

Does he actually think he'll get in ahead of Kane, Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Saka, Abraham and even his teammate Sancho?

The guy needs to be fecked off to Newcastle, the cheek of it if he starts to perform this year just to get into the England squad, it'll clearly show where his priorities lay, and that isn't with who pays his astronomical wages - the fact he missed the start of this season recovering from surgery which he delayed to play 20 minutes for England really pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.