Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

I thought it was gorgeous. The highlight was their duet rendition of the theme from “Frozen” to round it out. Crescendo stuff.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'll make a big deal of wanting to feed hungry kids then spend 1000s on a set for a poxy photo.
Hypocrisy.

Attention seeking of the highest order.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Aaaabsolute gowls in this thread. "Waaah I don't like his wedding announcement" :lol: :lol:

I am toxic - ye are just being pricks

Greck

Come on, putting down his wedding is terribly poor taste. The player has enough to criticise on the pitch without going after a wedding shoot that involved the hardwork of so many. Let him have this aspect of his private life.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Come on, putting down his wedding is terribly poor taste. The player has enough to criticise on the pitch without going after a wedding shoot that involved the hardwork of so many. Let him have this aspect of his private life.
It's fecking tacky as shit.

stw2022

Giving someone a bumper deal in hopes it’ll convince them to play like they give a shit is all wrong. I think the ship has sailed and if it hasn’t it sends an absolutely horrible message.

Even if he does dramatically improve, sometimes selling a player on principle and to set the example is the right thing to do and we’ve arrived there with him. What messages do him - or for that matter both Beanz Brothers - set for kids coming through? Look decent for a while then you’re an unfeckingtouchable sacred cow?

I doubt he can turn it around anyway as I think there’s plenty of evidence now that quite aside from there being a talent/footballing deficit, that he’s beyond the point of no return when it comes to his mentality too. Not all of it is his fault. If treated like the messiah guess what kind of complex you’re going to get after a while?

I don’t think anyone can reset that particular clock. If he stays he’s maybe have bursts of form but he’ll always be a toxic presence in dressing room leaking things he finds ‘baffling’ and ‘mind-boggling’ in order to undermine managers, team mates and even fans if at any point anyone outperforms him, starts ahead of him, criticises him, ask for an autograph or heaven forbid do anything other than feed his ego.

Sometimes selling is the right thing to do
and footballing reasons aren’t always the primary motivation.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Seriously who advises this guy.

Hey Marcus, why dont you show your engagement by doing a photo shoot in a tacky Disney format. All your followers, especially the Utd fans will just love it.
It will really improve your image of being a man of the people and wont make you look like a faker who head is clearly up his own arse at all.

Honestly that is unbelievable :lol:
It's Rebekah Vardy

Nordmore

Hey Marcus, why dont you show your engagement by doing a photo shoot in a tacky Disney format. All your followers, especially the Utd fans will just love it.
It will really improve your image of being a man of the people and wont make you look like a faker who head is clearly up his own arse at all.

Probably his fiancee. My wife dictated everything about our wedding. I was only the moron who showed up and followed her around.

AndySmith1990

Incredibly bored of the PR that this guy indulges in. It's funny really, I've always thought Ronaldo was the one with the inflated ego, but he doesn't post anywhere near as much self serving bullshit on social media as Rashford, and he's a player who has won it all and can actually claim to be the best.

Rashford and his ego are getting out of control. If there's anymore nonsense from him about considering his future whenever he's benched, or if he can't be arsed putting in effort (I don't care what his pals in the media post about him working extra hard, I care what he does on the pitch), I hope Ten Hag puts him in his place and replaces him at the earliest opportunity.

Yesterday there was talk of the club being determined to act decisively and do whatever it takes to get back to where we belong. Well I hope they realise that involves not pandering to players like Rashford, and if need be we're willing to sell anyone for the good of the team.

ryansgirl

I'll make a big deal of wanting to feed hungry kids then spend 1000s on a set for a poxy photo.
Hypocrisy.
Attention seeking of the highest order.
If this post isn`t a joke then it is absolutely pathetic and just another example of Marcus Rashford Derangement Syndrome that afflicts some people on this forum.

Marcus` announcement of his engagement with a fantasy setting has absolutely zilch to do with his campaigns on behalf of low income kids and their struggling families which is admirable and shows us he hasn`t forgotten about those who don`t have the skills to make the kind of money he has.

Throwing in the word `hypocrite` also shows the poster needs to read a dictionary to brush up on vocabulary and its actual meanings.

McGrathsipan

If this post isn`t a joke then it is absolutely pathetic and just another example of Marcus Rashford Derangement Syndrome that afflicts some people on this forum.

Marcus` announcement of his engagement with a fantasy setting has absolutely zilch to do with his campaigns on behalf of low income kids and their struggling families which is admirable and shows us he hasn`t forgotten about those who don`t have the skills to make the kind of money he has.

Throwing in the word `hypocrite` also shows the poster needs to read a dictionary to brush up on vocabulary and its actual meanings.
For a start I said hypocrisy. Pay attention to detail.

Why didn't he post a normal photo announcing his engagement? Not spend a fortune for tacky sets and candles.

It's attention seeking of the highest order and I'd not like it from any player.

ryansgirl

For a start I said hypocrisy. Pay attention to detail.

Why didn't he post a normal photo announcing his engagement? Not spend a fortune for tacky sets and candles.

It's attention seeking of the highest order and I'd not like it from any player.
In five words `Young people on social media`. Marcus has done nothing that extraordinary - plenty of people especially the young with less money than Marcus are more over the top when they announce their pet events whether it`s gender reveals, engagements or whatever.

And alright, you said `hypocrisy` instead of `hypocrite` but let`s not split hairs, your intention was the same and that is way over the top too and more so than any fancy engagement announcement.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Guy can't even propose to his childhood sweetheart without getting criticism from some of you lot. Absolutely pathetic.

Anyone would think he'd proposed to any old tart and broke up a happy home.

Zaka7

I really don't see the issue in that photo and why so many people have got their backs up, given some players at our club and how they treat women! Why can't people just be happy for the lad.

He's had a miserable season and needs to sort that out, but some of the abuse he gets astounds me.

Fact is if he leaves it's a massive failing on the clubs part, he is everything we stand for in my opinion, not to mention we all know he has the ability! So it's clear something within the club isn't right.

ryansgirl

Guy can't even propose to his childhood sweetheart without getting criticism from some of you lot. Absolutely pathetic.

Yes, I understand people being disappointed with his mediocre performances on the pitch compared to the Marcus Rashford we know can be outstanding but the Marcus Rashford Derangement Syndrome afflicting some people on here is both poisonous and highly ridiculous.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Didn't she ditch him in the beginning of the season ? feck knows what the truth is but looking at it from the outside it feels like rashford is a needy and clingy person who'll bend over and lick boots if need be.

However, none of that concerns me. What concerns me is this attitude on the field.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't she ditch him in the beginning of the season ? feck knows what the truth is but looking at it from the outside it feels like rashford is a needy and clingy person who'll bend over and lick boots if need be.

However, none of that concerns me. What concerns me is this attitude on the field.
I have always thought his attitude on the pitch was top class up until this season. God knows what's happened to him. Maybe he's playing through a lot of pain from the back thing.

Still think the criticism on here is way over the top. Not like we are any better when he doesn't play either. Brighton slapped us for 4 without him and Elanga was absolutely shocking that game as were the rest of them.

Rashy will be back.

McGrathsipan

In five words `Young people on social media`. Marcus has done nothing that extraordinary - plenty of people especially the young with less money than Marcus are more over the top when they announce their pet events whether it`s gender reveals, engagements or whatever.

And alright, you said `hypocrisy` instead of `hypocrite` but let`s not split hairs, your intention was the same and that is way over the top too and more so than any fancy engagement announcement.
You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

I don't like it. I don't like Rashford. Is that not allowed?

wolvored

I dont know why people are getting het up about this. Thats how his back yard looks all the while. When interviewed what he loves doing, he said he cant wait to get training or home matches over so he can get in the garden and put some effort into making it nice. He hates the away games, but gets his gf to send hourly picks of her pruning and cutting flowers there.

Corridor of Uncertainty

There are feelings of unease within the Rashford/Loi family that this is right step. Marcus is said to be committed and working tirelessly 25 hours a day to smooth things over, although relationships were strained recently when the Manchester United star asked his now fiancée what she eats and what her BMI was she was his age. Phone ringing constantly also an issue.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Hopefully Teny can get this form out of Rashford again. Him at his best and Sancho could give defenses nightmares if they play to their ability.
He has been poor for 2 years straight. Can you recall a player who after playing poorly for 2 years, made a comeback?
Genuine question.

This guy needs to be transfer listed and when he leaves, it'll send shockwaves through the dressing room. The players will understand that if they play poorly, they will be sold.

I don't care about his personal life - I judge him by what he does on the pitch, not what he does off it.

BarstoolProphet

I have always thought his attitude on the pitch was top class up until this season. God knows what's happened to him. Maybe he's playing through a lot of pain from the back thing.

Still think the criticism on here is way over the top. Not like we are any better when he doesn't play either. Brighton slapped us for 4 without him and Elanga was absolutely shocking that game as were the rest of them.

Rashy will be back.
He was like that the last half of last season also. The EL final as an example, he looked completely disinterested in that match also, like he's been this entire season.

Real Name

Look at you go.

Heinzesight

If this proposal somehow sorts his head out then I’ll take it. The club won’t sell him so let’s just hope that although he looks utter, utter wank for us he can bring something to the team…like a new signing :lol:

Also, photo looks very similar to this:

IceManFtw

I still think with the right manager he has a big chance of being world class, hopefully he stays and kicks on next season under Ten Hag

Tap

I still think with the right manager he has a big chance of being world class, hopefully he stays and kicks on next season under Ten Hag
There’s no way he’s world class.If he stays, hopefully he can be a useful squad player with better coaching and management.

Status
Not open for further replies.