Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar

Stock at an all time low. I'd rather wait and see if he can recapture his form under a new manager. If we were serious about a cultural reset and getting rid of all the high earners to start afresh with a sensible wage structure, I'd be fine with it. But as is, I think there's a host of players ahead of him in the out queue.
This..

He’ll be back. Struggled a lot since injury (long time ago). Ole drove him to hard for a long period, so I think United also is to be blamed for his situation today.

If we sell Rash now United has failed as a club and thrown away the opportunity to develop a (true United) player with great potential.

Why shouldn’t he come back to the level he was on two years ago, when he almost was irreplaceable?

Last edited:

honirelandboy

Keep him. Its not his fault he has Fred and Scott in midfield behind him along with having to play on the right side of a forward three with either AWB or Dalot behind him. He is awful on the right. If he is signing though it should be same money or something like 20K more.

Abraxas

Are we really going to get much at the moment?

It's all very well saying sell but as with anything, he's only worth what someone is going to offer. Who's queuing up?

Maybe his off the pitch marketability does a few more favours than someone like Martial - but this was also the point with him that some on here just weren't accepting - if you've been extremely poor for a number of seasons it's very difficult to convince someone to pay 50 million pounds. People want to pay that for breakout potential, someone that was great last match not 60 matches ago.

Maybe I'm underestimating his sale value being English, maybe an English side would fancy extracting something out of him and buy into the idea it's everyone else's fault but his. I'd rather try and get better form from him under a new manager than sell dirt cheap.

RedorDead21

Keep. When everything is wrong it’s no time to make judgments on the younger players who a new manager needs to work with before making their judgments. We’ll be losing the older strikers and greenwood. We need someone to stay!

Gurtej

Guys u blind or what….he is on 250k a week, in this money I expect 100% everytime…. If he is this weak that he can’t manage emotions….. he should quit football….
For the sake of this club…. Move players with zero characters out

Banana Republic

Sell 100%
Out of form, or trying and nothing coming off is one thing, but absolutely no effort, no desire or any willingness to give everything you can muster when the team needs you is entirely different.
Two years of increasingly poor contributions, the cracks being papered over with goals last year.
Now contributing less than nothing.
These PR and social media antics need to be stamped on hard. Very hard,
He and his team are disrespecting the club and the fans with this crap.
Arnold and his executive need to get a grip, pronto.

GMoore23

Sell. I can't wait to be rid of Lingard also. There's nobody who'll convince me that this type of player is good for our club.

Two arrogant twats. Remember the simultaneous 0.012% tweets.

Look at the state of them in that pic. Are those glasses even prescribed.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If we sell him we wouldnt hear the end of it from GNev. FoOtBAll DEpArTMenT's FaILurE.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Keep him. Its not his fault he has Fred and Scott in midfield behind him along with having to play on the right side of a forward three with either AWB or Dalot behind him. He is awful on the right. If he is signing though it should be same money or something like 20K more.
Fred and Scott have had a better season than Rashford. Are you even paying attention to United in last 15 month? Its weird to blame others for Rashford bad attitude and motivation on the football pitch.

His form is not the only worry. If it was most would have been supporting him. Its his attitude thats being questioned now

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Fred and Scott have had a better season than Rashford. Are you even paying attention to United in last 15 month? Its weird to blame others for Rashford bad attitude and motivation on the football pitch.

His form is not the only worry. If it was most would have been supporting him. Its his attitude thats being questioned now
Funny everyone just scapegoating McFred for Maguire's inept performances and now for Rashford's. Its either the fullbacks not supporting or the midfield..or even the tea lady not doing her job properly.

Granted McFred are the worst in the league but Rashford is not far from that tag based on this season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why keep a player on £200k+ a week who is basically a backup on the left or 'awful' in the postion we desperately need filling?

We should cash in while we can unless the club truly believe there's a player in there still. They see him every day and have all the data available to make the call.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Stock at an all time low. I'd rather wait and see if he can recapture his form under a new manager. If we were serious about a cultural reset and getting rid of all the high earners to start afresh with a sensible wage structure, I'd be fine with it. But as is, I think there's a host of players ahead of him in the out queue.
You're advocating a sensible wage structure, while promoting to let Rashford run down his contract until his last year.
The ironing is a bit strong.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You're advocating a sensible wage structure, while promoting to let Rashford run down his contract until his last year.
The ironing is a bit strong.
That's what I was aiming for, strong ironing.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Sell. I can't wait to be rid of Lingard also. There's nobody who'll convince me that this type of player is good for our club.

I want him gone but I honestly cannot stand posts like these.

I do not give a flying feck how he dresses or what he does outside of the pitch if he performs and I'm pretty sure that's the stance of most United fans.

Lewis Hamilton has some... questionable dress sense but I have defended him in plenty of conversations because the man is dedicated and professional where it matters. Rashford... not so much.

Mainoldo

I want him gone because he’s rubbish.

Not because I see two successful men taking a picture. So calm yourself down mate As comments like these are left too scott free on here.

Mainoldo

I want him gone but I honestly cannot stand posts like these.

I do not give a flying feck how he dresses or what he does outside of the pitch if he performs and I'm pretty sure that's the stance of most United fans.

Lewis Hamilton has some... questionable dress sense but I have defended him in plenty of conversations because the man is dedicated and professional where it matters. Rashford... not so much.
Atleast I’m not alone here.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I don't know why but it reminds me of this.

Based Adnan

He's on more money than Salah. Only this club would be thick enough to give him a new contract.

darko

You can have ten Rashfords I'll take one Fred.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's on more money than Salah. Only this club would be thick enough to give him a new contract.
I think he's on the same wages as Salah but that's still ridiculous. Salah is one of the best player in PL right now and has been doing it for years. I miss the days when we even let Pogba go because we can't give him 60k p.w wages.

redmanx

We need to be more ruthless and let him go, he's a shadow of the up and coming star he was.
And when was the last time anybody saw him smile? He looks miserable every time he sets foot on the pitch.

choccy77

Knowing the weak mentality of our players these days, Rashford probably had a mental breakdown looking at at his Fifa 22 rating.

Wheato

Sell him for 70m and get Richarlison in for 50m. Same age, same position, but is a cage fighter who gives every ounce of his being for his team. Makes defenders shit their pants and doesn't give them a minutes peace. We need eleven of him with the same type of mentality.

RORY65

I would say neither right now, we have an option for another year. There's so many players that either will leave or need to be cleared out and so many areas in the team that need strengthening, I would at least like to see if he could be revived under an actual training ground coach who will be focussed on improving the system but also the individuals within it (something that we've not had since Van Gaal).

Obviously if a huge offer comes in then that changes but I can't imagine that happening and there's an awful lot of a lot of players in the squad that I would be more actively looking to get rid of and even that's not realistic in one summer given how slowly we operate.

Someone

Something
Sell, just for the sake of setting an example. Players shouldn't be allowed to underperform and then either be allowed to run down their contracts or be rewarded by getting a new one. It makes us look like idiots and nobody does that.

USREDEVIL

Sell him for 70m and get Richarlison in for 50m. Same age, same position, but is a cage fighter who gives every ounce of his being for his team. Makes defenders shit their pants and doesn't give them a minutes peace. We need eleven of him with the same type of mentality.
Swap. Won't get 70M for Rashford.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is paid 250K p.w isn't he? I'd prefer to give him a year on loan but at those wages I don't see how he can justify an extension.

Rocknrolla69er

Sell him, help impliment a sensible wage structure, and create a dressing room full of the correct attitudes.

Also the money would easily get us Nkunku

Status
Not open for further replies.