Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
play our most inform forward on the right for 65 mins with forwards like ronaldo,elanga,van de beek !

redshaw

He is not a 250k/week player. He is not even a 200k/week player. He is far, far too limited to ever be that. Offering him more is pure madness, but on par for the course in this club. His contract should be performance based. If he doesn't like it - get rid. Time to end this charade.
It will be a tough sell to Rashford when Sancho is on 350k allegedly. Whether it's more like 300k, that's very high.

Oranges038

Because it's not his position. He's not really strong with his left foot so he'd basically have to play on the right to supply crosses which is also not really his game.

He's good off the left as he can cut inside and shoot. Obviously a threat in behind too with pace.

Why should he be able to play there? Was David Beckham good on the left wing? Was Giggs good on the right?
Giggs played a CL final on the right, he also played a few other games there from memory. He understood the position well and the requirement of it. Rashford just doesn't, becauee he's not a very inteliigent player, way too one dimensional.

Any player with a basic understanding of playing on the wing should be able to play either side if required. But as usual it's like he doesn't even bother because he doesn't want to be there.

I’m loving my life

I am not sure about selling him but we have a fundamental issue with wages which unfortunately he is part of. On balance I do not think his performances warrant the likely figure he will get.

This is an overall problem which needs addressing by the higher ups as it is not sustainable

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Giggs played a CL final on the right, he also played a few other games there from memory. He understood the position well and the requirement of it. Rashford just doesn't, becauee he's not a very inteliigent player, way too one dimensional.

Any player with a basic understanding of playing on the wing should be able to play either side if required. But as usual it's like he doesn't even bother because he doesn't want to be there.
Giggs was always rubbish on the right wing. We had all this back then with him playing there occasionally too. Short memories on here.

The hatred for Rashford is nothing short of Ridiculous. It's a good job he's managed to find his scoring boots this season somewhat as nobody else has.

Oranges038

Giggs was always rubbish on the right wing. We had all this back then with him playing there occasionally too. Short memories on here.

The hatred for Rashford is nothing short of Ridiculous. It's a good job he's managed to find his scoring boots this season somewhat as nobody else has.
He wasn't great there but at least he tried.

Rashford plays there like a spoilt child who thinks if he does it badly he won't be asked to do it again.

wolvored

He's not worth the wage he's on. He's certainly not worth giving a pay rise. I'm pretty sure everyone was in agreement that our massively inflated wage bill was a problem and needs resolving. Offer him reduced wages and test his loyalty. If he thinks another club will match or better what he's on now and money means more to him than playing at United, good luck to him. If not then great, he extends and everyone's happy.

Same needs to happen with Sancho whenever his contract is close to expiring. Our wage bill should be around 5th or 6th highest in the league to reflect the quality. None of our players should be close to the highest paid as none of them are close to being the best in the league.
We should pay less for a week and more on performance rated as a team. You get £a weekly, plus £b if we win, or £c if we draw, £d on the title at the end of season, or £e top 4 at the end of the season, £f a cup, something like that. No individual goals, which could end up a striker always shooting when there is a better placed teammate. Play for the team to win.

Hammondo

He's not good enough, we should have a minimum standard that's better than him.

He offers basically nothing beyond goals and he's not doing much of that either.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Does money warrant or excuse United players being abused the most in the league? United can and does pay players more wages than other clubs - pick your qualms with the employer and the nature of the market, not the employee.

So the club makes a series of poor decisions which leave no choice but to play Rashford through injury week in week out worsening his physical condition, and his own 'fans'
- blame him for not performing through the long term injury
- blame him for being unavailable during the time he takes off undergo surgery and recover
- label the time he takes off as a half-season holiday
- abuse the feck out of him for the club's mistakes along with his own
- abuse him further for being not being 'strong' enough to deal with the abuse by using his millions
- abuse him even further for having the audacity to speak out about the abuse he was getting

There's criticizing a player for not doing enough, and then there's this. Classic victim-blaming.
Really is bizarre to see this kind of abuse from our own 'fans'

No wonder he was having some mental struggles last season

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Does money warrant or excuse United players being abused the most in the league? United can and does pay players more wages than other clubs - pick your qualms with the employer and the nature of the market, not the employee.

So the club makes a series of poor decisions which leave no choice but to play Rashford through injury week in week out worsening his physical condition, and his own 'fans'
- blame him for not performing through the long term injury
- blame him for being unavailable during the time he takes off undergo surgery and recover
- label the time he takes off as a half-season holiday
- abuse the feck out of him for the club's mistakes along with his own
- abuse him further for being not being 'strong' enough to deal with the abuse by using his millions
- abuse him even further for having the audacity to speak out about the abuse he was getting

There's criticizing a player for not doing enough, and then there's this. Classic victim-blaming.
What a perfect illustration of how using numbers without context makes it easy to build a narrative.

The whole posts reads like something written by Rashie's brother before he called PSG to ask for a bigger bag.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What a perfect illustration of how using numbers without context makes it easy to build a narrative.

The whole posts reads like something written by Rashie's brother before he called PSG to ask for a bigger bag.
Just as much as your own narrative vs rashford. btw ronaldo is first but its rashfords pr to u.

Shark

@NotShark
The poll goes to show how far he sunk but he's rising right back to the top now. Close if not better than his form at LW before that back injury.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The poll goes to show how far he sunk but he's rising right back to the top now. Close if not better than his form at LW before that back injury.
The poll shows something but it ain't that

LInkash

Only scores against crap teams and in big games and medium games, sell him.

M Bison

Supports
York City
he’s really made a fool of a lot people! To those that voted sell, are there any that wouldn’t change their vote if they could?

Someone

Something
There we have it folks. 85% of the caf no nothing.

Including me.
TBF he was on a should be sold level for a couple of years, and this was a recurring issue with several players at the club because we were never ruthless with anyone. Now he's earning a new contract as it should be with all players.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some on here really would forgive and forget anything. I hope you don't make any important long-term decisions at your job

van Nistelrooy

Good free-kick, I can't deny. Though where has that quality been in his last 100+ free-kicks? He's been living off that one he scored against Chelsea in the cup years ago.

Second goal mainly came down to a defensive and goalkeeping disaster.

I wouldn't get carried away against a poor Wales team. New contract on the same wage, or none at all.

Swiss_Red89

Never doubted him. (actually i nearly gave up hope for him last season under Rangnick)...
but still wouldn't have voted "sell" in a million years. :devil:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Some on here really would forgive and forget anything. I hope you don't make any important long-term decisions at your job
Same. I am also glad you don’t make any decisions at all at United.

Threesus

Good free-kick, I can't deny. Though where has that quality been in his last 100+ free-kicks? He's been living off that one he scored against Chelsea in the cup years ago.

Second goal mainly came down to a defensive and goalkeeping disaster.

I wouldn't get carried away against a poor Wales team. New contract on the same wage, or none at all.
Just evaluate at the end of the season. We just have too many that can’t be trusted to maintain their form. I agree with your part on renewing at the same wages, but I don’t think that is going to happen, unfortunately.

Okey

Close thread. Our Rashy ain't going nowhere. Hopefully he's a worthy face of United for the next decade (amongst other stars of course).

LInkash

Glad I was in the 14%.

Majority of fans just follow what mainstream media says.
I don't think it is the mainstream media, they tend to like him. It's just caf hipsters and I bet there's a lot of overlap with the people who don't like Bruno either.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Still want him out. Jeez it was only against Wales and Iran.

Status
Not open for further replies.