Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilQuebecois

For 18 months most of the team was trash and disinterested. Then they get a manager that has a clue
And don't forget the ditching of all major apples as well. During last season, we had Pogba, Lingard, and (gotta say it) Ronaldo stinking the whole place and dragging the rest of the team down with them.

I honestly thought that Rashford was dead and buried as a case. The full credit goes to him for pulling his head up and displaying the right attitude under Ten Hag's guidance when it could have been easy to down tools.

Dion

The silly thing about all the "nobody knew Rashford was capable of this" argument is he was having this season in 2019 before his back broke.

When he got injured on 15th Jan 2020 he had 19 goals and 7 assists in 31 games. He's always been capable of his, it's just the last 3 years have been far from ideal for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Revisionism is great in hindsight.
Rashford is brilliant this season, but for 18 months he WAS trash and disinterested. You can’t just rewrite that part. He seriously looked finished as a player. For a loooooooong time.
Fair play to Ten Hag and his team for turning Rashford round, because he sure didn’t look like doing it by himself.
Now give him a sensible contract offer loaded with incentives.
Actually you can rewrite unfactuctual statements and you should do as well, saves people looking stupid

AFC NimbleThumb

Revisionism is great in hindsight.
Rashford is brilliant this season, but for 18 months he WAS trash and disinterested. You can’t just rewrite that part. He seriously looked finished as a player. For a loooooooong time.
Fair play to Ten Hag and his team for turning Rashford round, because he sure didn’t look like doing it by himself.
Now give him a sensible contract offer loaded with incentives.
:lol:

People will play all manner of mental gymnastics to cover up the fact they couldn’t have been more wrong, finished as a player at what? 23? No, you as many do chose to single out a player for overt criticism.

Absolute car crash of a post.

He'lmurderyah15

He's reportedly on around 200k.
Being talked about as 'one of the best in the world' at the minute
12 months before he can walk on a free
United see him as their poster boy
Still only 24
Surely his agent looks for at least 400/450k with all that on there side????

Is he worth that?

George The Best

Still only 24

Is he worth that?
Reckon we will sign him back on for £300 - £350k

Chairman Steve

As long as we don’t be Woodward/Judge about it and just hand him £400k a week right off the bat, we should be fine agreeing a new long term contract.

ETH has got him back on the right track compared to 12 months when it looked like he was going to do a Dele Alli.

drmuji

Sell this bastard. He is only scoring one goal per game. We need better players like Bamford who have better technical abilities and sign Waghorst permanently. This would be the best combination

scottser

i just read my old comment on this thread. i've now kicked it quietly under a hedge while nobody is looking and am walking away, whistling.

Doracle

i just read my old comment on this thread. i've now kicked it quietly under a hedge while nobody is looking and am walking away, whistling.
I can’t find one on this thread but this one from another thread this season is a good one:

“He's phoning it in until his contract ends. I'd be amazed if he's offered another pro contract - his heart just isn't in the game anymore.”

Sorry :-).

scottser

I can’t find one on this thread but this one from another thread this season is a good one:

“He's phoning it in until his contract ends. I'd be amazed if he's offered another pro contract - his heart just isn't in the game anymore.”

Sorry :-).
yeah, that's the one. those are words that i will happily eat - please pass the ketchup..

Gazautd18

yeah, that's the one. those are words that i will happily eat - please pass the ketchup..
:lol::lol::lol:
Don't think I posted much negative stuff around Sir Marcus as I knew there was a player in there and he was hampered by injuries and negativity surrounding the squad. (If someone does dig out anything majorly negative I did say fair play)
On the flip I didn't really stick up for him though!
But nice one for owning up.

scottser

:lol::lol::lol:
Don't think I posted much negative stuff around Sir Marcus as I knew there was a player in there and he was hampered by injuries and negativity surrounding the squad. (If someone does dig out anything majorly negative I did say fair play)
On the flip I didn't really stick up for him though!
But nice one for owning up.
I'm sure I wasn't the only one critical or doubtful of him at the time but I'm seriously, genuinely chuffed for the lad.
As the man says, I'm frequently wrong, but I'm rarely in doubt..

roseguy64

Still only 24

Is he worth that?
If he gets that after hitting certain numbers consistently then that works TBH. He'll be worth it then.

NK86

85% of TheCaf wanting to sell Rashford tells you all you need to know about how much football knowledge people around here actually have...
Or the poll closed in August when Rashford was clearly struggling for 18 months and had way too many distractions. The team, as a whole, was diabolical and fans wanted almost all of them sold.

Dion

Or the poll closed in August when Rashford was clearly struggling for 18 months and had way too many distractions. The team, as a whole, was diabolical and fans wanted almost all of them sold.
Isn't that just saying the same thing? Fans can't look past their immediate emotions to make good footballing decisions?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
85% of TheCaf wanting to sell Rashford tells you all you need to know about how much football knowledge people around here actually have...
Even now some of them are trying to justify it. Even though he's currently one of the best players in the world with unbelievable consistency. Breathtakingly stupid. I have some small respect for those who just admit they got it completely wrong. But all the 'I was right at the time' clowns need to get in the bin (as the kids like to say.)

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Even now some of them are trying to justify it. Even though he's currently one of the best players in the world with unbelievable consistency. Breathtakingly stupid. I have some small respect for those who just admit they got it completely wrong. But all the 'I was right at the time' clowns need to get in the bin (as the kids like to say.)
Most people have a heard mentality and can't think for themself. So if a bunch of people were saying Rashford should be sold, they would say the same. Bunch of idiots

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
18 months is clearly the new 'Vidic struggled against Torres' batshit crazy narrative

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Marcus is a local lad. I honestly believe he will stay at United as he will want to win with 'his' club before he even thinks about going anywhere. Even then, I would like to think of him in the Scholes, Neville, Giggs vein of home grown one club player that loves their club and football more than anything else.

I don't mind ambitions of playing elsewhere and testing yourself etc, I just think as a Manchester born lad, Marcus would want to win things with United, and all the time they are challenging or have a squad, team and manager that makes winning and challenging a possibility, then I think he will stay and not be bothered by interest elsewhere. Having a manager that has faith in him is also hugely important too.

Luckily, I think that's what we have finally got now.

glazed

Marcus is a local lad. I honestly believe he will stay at United as he will want to win with 'his' club before he even thinks about going anywhere. Even then, I would like to think of him in the Scholes, Neville, Giggs vein of home grown one club player that loves their club and football more than anything else.
Lets hope he doesn't read the Caf then :lol:

18 months is clearly the new 'Vidic struggled against Torres' batshit crazy narrative
The poll only closed in August :houllier:

Last edited:

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Why is there no news of an offer of a new contract yet? Not to say he should be handed obscene contract, a fair contract as one of the highest earners at our club should be considered, some were around 250-300k packed in performance related clauses would do just alright.

Doracle

Why is there no news of an offer of a new contract yet? Not to say he should be handed obscene contract, a fair contract as one of the highest earners at our club should be considered, some were around 250-300k packed in performance related clauses would do just alright.
I suspect he’s probably seeing how the season pans out and will decide if he wants to re-sign in the summer.

glazed

I suspect he’s probably seeing how the season pans out and will decide if he wants to re-sign in the summer.
If Qatar comes in then he can add a nought to his salary. But he can't go to PSG

tomaldinho1

Yep, he's seen so many false dawns and managers now (if you include the interims/caretakers he's now played under LVG, Mou, Ole, Carrick, Ragnick, ETH) and is only 25. He knows this next contract will be for his peak years - let's hope we finish the season strong and he believes we can challenge again.

Doracle

I really don't believe that barca tweet.
Plausible, depending on exact timings. 2018/19 was the season where José self-destructed, so it wouldn’t be unlikely that Rashford would have been unhappy in the first half of the season and keeping his options open.

pacifictheme

Plausible, depending on exact timings. 2018/19 was the season where José self-destructed, so it wouldn’t be unlikely that Rashford would have been unhappy in the first half of the season and keeping his options open.
Just seems so unlikely that barca would do good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.