Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Get real, only a massive idiot would offer 50 mil for rashford as things stand.
You need to get real too, Rashford is more than a player, he comes with Rashford the brand which still carries some weight.

I have seen players like Solanke, Iwobi, Ibe go for more than £5m.

Swiss_Red89

He's going on a vacation again whilst the season hasn't finished. And he's gone on vacation about half a dozen times already during the season whilst serving up turd game after game.

He's going to make sacnho shit also.
What do you smoke? The Video is from last summer after the Euro Final. So the season clearly ended.

And when did he go on Holiday during the season exactly? If you mean his trip to Dubay this february: The whole Team went on Holiday as the had two weeks off. The FA introduced this winter break of two weeks for every Team for this reason. To give the players the chance for vacation.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Has Dembele ever had a 20 season for Barcelona?
You`re living in the past mate. This season Dembele has been superior to Rashford. No way PSG are paying 50 mill for him when Dembele is free and also french.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You`re living in the past mate. This season Dembele has been superior to Rashford. No way PSG are paying 50 mill for him when Dembele is free and also french.
No one denied he was better this season but what about all the other seasons?

His mentality has been questioned. People say that he is performing good purely for contract basis this season.

I want Dembele here too because I feel we maybe we have a manager that may change the attitude of some of these players - but I personally don't think "oh Dembele is miles better" either. Especially from one off season where he stopped being a 9 g/a per season player and turned to a 12 g/a player just in fewer games.

Alfie092

How much are we getting for Rashford at best if we sell him. £40m-£50m?

I would take it if I knew for certain every single one of that penny from his transfer is reinvested in another winger, instead of the Glazers pocketing that money and bringing Martial back from his loan...

Ted Lasso

He's going on a vacation again whilst the season hasn't finished. And he's gone on vacation about half a dozen times already during the season whilst serving up turd game after game.

He's going to make sacnho shit also.
I distinctly recall past managers leveraging breaks in the season to take the players elsewhere. Ultimately, this was sanctioned by the club else I imagine we would see fines and disciplinary action.

If there aren't then it's a bit silly to be getting all riled about young players taking liberties other managers gave them in previous seasons.

We need a big cultural reset starting from the top.

Camilo

SELL SELL SELL If Mbappe leaves PSG they might give us 50mill for him.
Leicester might give us 10 million if Vardy retires, but that's about it. PSG do still want to win the French league after all..

BuzzKillington

He’s been unbelievably shit for some time now, but there is still a player in there somewhere. If EtH really is as good as we all hope he is, hopefully he’ll have better luck finding said player than Mr Motivator, Ralf “Shoulder Shrug” Rangnick did

Ralph1386

I’d say sell because his value might plummet even more if he stays on the form he’s been in for two years. Also it might be good for him to get a fresh start somewhere else.

Kaos

He’s been unbelievably shit for some time now, but there is still a player in there somewhere. If EtH really is as good as we all hope he is, hopefully he’ll have better luck finding said player than Mr Motivator, Ralf “Shoulder Shrug” Rangnick did
He was shit under Ole's last year too. The fact we're having to motivate a 24 year old local lad playing for Manchester United says a lot about his attitude. I'm pretty sure Rangnick hasn't been instructing him to be a lazy sulker who refuses to track back for starters.

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
I’m sure Marcus is a nice guy but he is worth very little as a player. There are plenty of players who are rarely injured, have no ego issues and will run all day long. How much is James Ward-Prowse worth? He contributes way more than Rashford!

AndySmith1990

Why does a young man who earns millions playing football for a living need someone else to constantly motivate him? Presumably he got into football because he enjoys it, and waking up each day doing a job you enjoy should provide ample motivation to put in some effort

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'd keep, not because I rate him but simply because we cannot get rid of everybody. ETH will have to focus on improving some of the players who have been really disappointing

sirAlexsglasses

I would leave that with ETH, after all it will be be that is judged. But if we do decide to keep, and the players are saying that they want to stay for the project, then we need to be smarter with the contracts. A base rate of pay with the filler being addons , appearances, and stat based, therefore if the player ends up with astronomical money then this can only be good for the club as he will be performing. This would get rid of the greed culture that we currently have at this club, reward effort and hard work.

Speako

He has until December. I’ll be very interested to see how he is without Lingard around the place. Behaviour breeds behaviour.

GoldanoGraham

He doesn’t warrant a new contract now and I believe that he also knows that.

He is in desperate need of a reset. I believe he will be a different player under ETH……he has to be.

If it doesn’t work out next season then he will be moving on.

Red_toad

He was shit under Ole's last year too. The fact we're having to motivate a 24 year old local lad playing for Manchester United says a lot about his attitude. I'm pretty sure Rangnick hasn't been instructing him to be a lazy sulker who refuses to track back for starters.
Who's this we? I see a lot of abuse aimed at him, is that a treat em mean keep em keen thing?
Maybe there's far more to his loss of form than we know about? None of actually have an insight to his mindset.
I'm looking forward to seeing him working under a very good coach, then we'll see if he's worth retaining.

Roane

I think if we were looking to sell Rashford as of today then getting the figures of £60-70m are unlikely.

I'm thinking the person who said 5m was tongue in cheek and it wouldn't be that but imo closer to that than the larger figures.

Just to be clear and as a way of explanation it's not because I hate Rashy or think his worth is 5 or 10 or even 20 million. Worse players have gone for more. For me its the complete package of a player. So in Rashys case his wages would be a determining factor in his sale price.

His current form doesn't warranty his wage or a 60m plus price. But let's accept players form drops, or the old form is temporary class is permanent adage. Any club wishing to gamble on Rashy coming good would be less likely to gamble for a high purchase fee and high wages. Drop one or the other and yeah it's worth a gamble.

red_de_pologne

If his sale can finance a purchase of another player ready to run through brick walls for ETH then we should do it.

But we won't sell him at a price he could currently fetch so it's a non starter for me.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Both of you should behave. We won’t sell him for 5m, nor will we get him for 50m. It would be somewhere in between - perhaps 25-30m. And Newcastle may be interested.
We sold Daniel James for £25m. Rashford is at least more than that like £40m or £45m. And that is at least. So £50m is still possible.

SAF is the GOAT

Marcus already have to show the club and the fans why he deserves his current contract with those inflated wages.

This guy basically walked on pitches 2 thirds of the season(in the remaining one he was injured) and didn't contribute nothing.

If he'll prove himself and be better than the last year and an half we seen him - that we could maybe start thinking on giving him a new contract.

edgecutter

2 years left on his deal, the time has come to make a decision on him. If we leave it another year we will have another lingard situation.

Just fecking sell him. He's done

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Keep/sell. Don't mind either way. Whatever ETH wants.
A new contract would be silly, so we'll probably do it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'd prefer that we sell him. His performance has dropped off a cliff and he needs to be sent to a lesser club to save his career (like Memphis Depay was sold to a French club and is now at Barca).
Now, what will actually happen is that we'll renew his contract and we'll pay him a fortune.

diarm

If Ten Hag fancies a chance to work with him, offer him a new deal on £100k a week or less, with some decent performance related bonuses. If he accepts - great. If he doesn't, sell him.

Offering him a new deal on the same or higher wages than he has now would be negligent.

Chairman Steve

I think we can all agree that giving a new contract wouldn’t be the wisest move. Even the most pro-Rashford fan would hesitate on the issue, considering his average of a goal every six games this season.

Its saying something that Greenwood still has more goals than him this season despite being suspended for the past three months, and Rashford hasn’t even scored since that suspension. He has provided ONE assist in that time.

When you’re on the mega bucks at a club, I think you’re basically on a two way street at that point. You either perform your bollocks off to justify the mega bucks or you fail and you’re straight up cast out of the club. You cannot fade back into the pack like a middling earner or low earner can. It doesn’t make business sense for a mega bucks player to warm the bench most weeks and it upsets the apple cart within the squad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Given that Ziyech, Tadic, Neres, and Antony are completly different type wide players to Rashford, I have doubt that ETH can fit him into his system as his wide player.

James35

Rashford is just not very good and the penny has dropped. I hope we sell him but more likely we will give him an pay rise instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.