Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doracle

I still think he should do the Lucas Vasquez role and be a quality sub option. We can still do better in his position, I feel.
There are probably less than 5 LWs better than him in the world. Which one do you think we can get?

Threesus

There are probably less than 5 LWs better than him in the world. Which one do you think we can get?
I will go for leao from Milan.3 years younger and his stats are similar to rashford this season. I believe he has a higher ceiling than rashford.

Doracle

I will go for leao from Milan.3 years younger and his stats are similar to rashford this season. I believe he has a higher ceiling than rashford.
He is less than 2 years younger than Rashford and is playing in a much weaker league. Possibly he might develop and reach Rashford’s level in 2 years but there’s no guarantee of that. Signing him for £100 million seems high risk to hope he ends up better.

Frank Grimes

and to cap it off, there are posters who are actually trying to justify voting to sell him and can’t admit they got it wrong :lol:
Nobody got it wrong. Rashford stopped playing crap and not given 100%.

At the time of the poll he was shite, I'd go as far as to say under a manager with more control than Rangnick had he would have been transfer listed.

He has improved significantly but to say he was a 100% case to tie down to a new contract( at the time of the poll) is rewriting history.

Posh Red

Nobody got it wrong. Rashford stopped playing crap and not given 100%.

At the time of the poll he was shite, I'd go as far as to say under a manager with more control than Rangnick had he would have been transfer listed.

He has improved significantly but to say he was a 100% case to tie down to a new contract( at the time of the poll) is rewriting history.
So you’re saying we should have sold him last season?

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
rtne
:lol:

Don't forget to pick up the methadone prescription in the morning mate.

I'll stand down to your superior knowledge if you can point me in the direction of these Eastern European, Baltic or Italian strikers?
No need for insults brah. I mean strikers in general. We gotta think big picture and do addition by subtraction. Your club needs MONEY so gotta get rid of some dead weight (Mr 8 goals in 3 years Martial) and a 'potential super star' in the eyes of some clubs (rashford). With this money, you can get Harry Kane. Or you can use the Rashford money to get 3 Latauro Martinez types . The key here is United needs to get Harry Kane to make a statement.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People did get it wrong. The whole team was playing sh*te but were signalling out Rashford. He has played as a 20g-a striker/forward plenty times before this one.
He just found his rhythm again in a cohesive team.

rtne

No need for insults brah. I mean strikers in general. We gotta think big picture and do addition by subtraction. Your club needs MONEY so gotta get rid of some dead weight (Mr 8 goals in 3 years Martial) and a 'potential super star' in the eyes of some clubs (rashford). With this money, you can get Harry Kane. Or you can use the Rashford money to get 3 Latauro Martinez types . The key here is United needs to get Harry Kane to make a statement.
This is a twelve year old's approach to football.

We spent 10 years making statements by buying for example di maria, pogba, cavani, ronaldo. It got us nowhere.

Selling our best attacker to make a statement signing would be totally insane.

We would not get 3 lautaro martinez types for 150 million (if we could get that for rashford). And even if we did we would still be a worse team than with rashford.

Also let's not spend over 100million on a 30 year old Kane and sell our best attacker to do it.

EtH

Usually these threads look bad because of hindsight but honestly this one was one of the fecking dumbest things I've ever seen on here from the moment it was started. He was just off the back of scoring 20 goals two seasons in a row despite not being our main striker or penalty taker. There's literally no one realistic you can sign to replace that.

Who on earth watches Man Utd, even last season when we had a Sunday league standard defence and no midfield, and comes to the conclusion that we must get rid of Marcus Rashford to solve our issues?

It genuinely annoys me every time I see this thread. 85% of people who are frankly, dangerously stupid.
It’s not even been half a fecking season of good form from Rashford yet there are hoards of posts pointing the finger at the 85% who voted to get rid of a player who had been pure shit for 18 months and couldn’t even be arsed to run for the team at the time.

Who is in fact dangerously stupid in this scenario ?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It’s not even been half a fecking season of good form from Rashford yet there are hoards of posts pointing the finger at the 85% who voted to get rid of a player who had been pure shit for 18 months and couldn’t even be arsed to run for the team at the time.

Yup. At the time of the poll the answer was obvious. Basically ANY talented player can become world class.

OlsensHummelBoots

rtne

You mentioned Baltic and Eastern European players?

Martinez sounds Latin, Mediterranean, South American?

United need a centre forward, a focal point. I always see Rashford as playing on the left if United get someone suitable.

I don't disagree with your Martial comments but I'm going to add I think all the players have lacked direction and bespoke coaching for a number of seasons at United.

It's no real big surprise, United get a coach/manager who has focus, understanding and a functional coaching structure and players who appeared 'lost' now start looking the part again.

Rashford, Martial (?), Shaw even Fred doesn’t look like such a calamity waiting to happen.

My opinion only, Rashford has 'it' in abundance. Has he always shown that? No.

Reasons? Piiss poor coaching and external factors. Amazing what a decent coach can produce if he's prepared to work with a player and gently kick him up the arse and remind him what side his bread is buttered.

One other factor. Ronny 'spit my dummy' Aldo has gone. Boosted Rashfords confidence, allows him to express himself more or now plays in a side that uses the team's strengths and no longer a team shaped to satisfy the demands of a narcissist?

Regards buddy.

UTFR

Dr Foo

There's a reason why majority wanted him out. He was unbelievably bad for more than a year, technique aside, his lack of running or commitment was astounding. And we had been scarred by renewing contracts of other dead weight big names, so it made sense at that time.
We had no idea that EtH would be coming in though, and thankfully we are not managers

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yes lets make him run by himself last year:rolleyes: pressing is a team tactic that noone was doing..

Real Name

In any case there are probably a lot of posters who cant wait for his form to turn to shit so they can be proved right.

Also there's this mantra about him not giving 100 percent which is honestly shit.

EtH

Yup. At the time of the poll the answer was obvious. Basically ANY talented player can become world class.
If not for being a born and bred Manc the poll results would’ve been 95% or more to get rid I imagine. He was just that bad and just that complacent. Credit to ten Hag to this point but this could also be the classic scenario of a player playing for a new contract as well.

No matter the longterm outcome the 85% were the sane vote in this poll.

EtH

Yes lets make him run by himself last year:rolleyes: pressing is a team tactic that noone was doing..
Had nothing at all to do with pressing. He was literally walking around the pitch most of the time. No runs in behind. Bailing out on 50/50’s and even balls he looked favorite for. Half-hearted jogs while he should be tracking back, leaving his fullback 2v1 regularly…

It was shocking, and I find the amount of revisionism in this thread sad really. Four months of good form does not excuse or forgive that. I hope we wait to see if he can carry this form into next season before rewarding him with a new contract.

Real Name

Had nothing at all to do with pressing. He was literally walking around the pitch most of the time. No runs in behind. Bailing out on 50/50’s and even balls he looked favorite for. Half-hearted jogs while he should be tracking back, leaving his fullback 2v1 regularly…

It was shocking, and I find the amount of revisionism in this thread sad really. Four months of good form does not excuse or forgive that. I hope we wait to see if he can carry this form into next season before rewarding him with a new contract.
I think we got an idea of your opinion on Rashford.

Making things up then saying you wont forgive him that and mentioning revisionism. What a drama. As if he sent Old Trafford on fire or something.

EtH

I think we got an idea of your opinion on Rashford.

Making things up then saying you wont forgive him that and mentioning revisionism. What a drama. As if he sent Old Trafford on fire or something.
I didn’t make anything up nor did I say anything about me not forgiving him.

You are a really weird poster.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

It's the 85%-ers. They are the stupid ones. Absolute idiots every last one of them.

Bottom line is that under a top manager in a well set up team not full of dysfunctional personalities and when not playing through injury, he turns out to be fantastic player. Anybody with a lick of sense could see those problems were there.

It's the idiot's syllogism in action:

Something must be done
This is something (insert latest stupid idea)
Therefore we must do this

EtH

It's the 85%-ers. They are the stupid ones. Absolute idiots every last one of them.

Bottom line is that under a top manager in a well set up team not full of dysfunctional personalities and when not playing through injury, he turns out to be fantastic player. Anybody with a lick of sense could see those problems were there.

It's the idiot's syllogism in action:

Something must be done
This is something (insert latest stupid idea)
Therefore we must do this
Anyone with a “lick of sense” as you say would’ve counted him among those dysfunctional personalities at the time.

And I’m not sure what you’re on about with that last bit. Actually there were two options… sign or sell. Hence, the poll.

glazed

Anyone with a “lick of sense” as you say would’ve counted him among those dysfunctional personalities at the time.
Not really. Ronaldo, Lingard, Pogba were the obvious ones. You could see it from space. Rashford just looked like an unfit player who didn't get how pressing worked.

And I’m not sure what you’re on about with that last bit. Actually there were two options… sign or sell. Hence, the poll.
The idea of selling him was a terrible misjudgement at the time - which was only four months ago. Now it just looks clinically insane. We are unexpectedly challenging for top four in ETH's first full season and Rashford is a major reason why. The 85%-ers clearly got it horribly wrong and thank god nobody sensible took any notice of them.

Last edited:

EtH

Not really. Ronaldo, Lingard, Pogba were the obvious ones.
It was pretty obvious seeing Rashford strolling about the pitch as well don’t you think.

You could see it from space.
No, you couldn’t.

Rashford just looked like an unfit player who didn't get how pressing worked.
I just refuted this myth a few posts ago…

The idea of selling him was a terrible misjudgement at the time - which was only three months ago.
The poll closed nearly five months ago, mate.

Now it just looks clinically insane.
After four months.

We are unexpectedly challenging for top four in ETH's first full season
Who didn’t expect us to challenge for top four ?

Rashford is a major reason why.
Agreed.

The 85%-ers clearly got it terribly wrong and thank god nobody sensible took any notice of them.
Again, I just addressed this a few posts up…

If not for being a born and bred Manc the poll results would’ve been 95% or more to get rid I imagine. He was just that bad and just that complacent. Credit to ten Hag to this point but this could also be the classic scenario of a player playing for a new contract as well.

No matter the longterm outcome the 85% were the sane vote in this poll.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
@Real Name @glazed You two are pretty irritating in your responses. The fact that neither of you can see that Rashford was gash when the poll had been created just speaks volumes of your stubbornness. It turns out you were right, thank god, but it was a long shot. All signs were pointing to a sad decline for Rashford.

Now, posters like @EtH and I have changed our opinion on the player. We will gladly admit we were wrong. But wow, it's annoying when some smug, childish poster comes along and say "Ooohh. I told you so."

At the time of the poll he scored 5 goals in 32 matches and was bloody awful. Everyone was, but the poll was about Rashford.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
@Real Name @glazed You two are pretty irritating in your responses. The fact that neither of you can see that Rashford was gash when the poll had been created just speaks volumes of your stubbornness. It turns out you were right, thank god, but it was a long shot. All signs were pointing to a sad decline for Rashford.

Now, posters like @EtH and I have changed our opinion on the player. We will gladly admit we were wrong. But wow, it's annoying when some smug, childish poster comes along and say "Ooohh. I told you so."

At the time of the poll he scored 5 goals in 32 matches and was bloody awful. Everyone was, but the poll was about Rashford.
I think it's also worth mentioning that, while he was actively contributing a lot of goals in 20/21 his all-round play was absolutely appalling, so it wasn't like it was 1 season of bad form, he'd been actively stinking up the place for a while.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I think it's also worth mentioning that, while he was actively contributing a lot of goals in 20/21 his all-round play was absolutely appalling, so it wasn't like it was 1 season of bad form, he'd been actively stinking up the place for a while.
Exactly. He's only really had a couple of good seasons before this one. Long may his current form continue!

EtH

I’m not even willing to admit I was wrong yet, mate. I hope I will be saying so years from now. But there is a long way to go yet and we have seen purple patches last longer than four months.

Real Name

I'm not denying he was gash. What I'm denying is the notion he was not trying and not giving his 100 percent. My opinion on that notion is that its gash. If you kept track of my posts you'll see I wasnt going on I told you so and so on. Also what I dont like is the dramatization of the whole story in the sense of '4 months of good form not excusing him and not forgiving him'. That kind of posts are childish and of low quality.
Oh and there are 'he's playing good now so he can get a new contract' stuff too. And I just saw a post about him scoring goals yeah but his general play being appaling. Its as if he didnt have a single good season at the club.

Also I'm really not sure why is it so hard to call a spade a spade at the moment and just say he's in terrific form. Some posters cant stop going back to the period when he was in a bad form and put him down at every opportunity. Like a certain poster who keeps repeating its just a 4 months of good form and that he bust the myth of Rashford not trying just by saying it. Talk about busting a myth.

If you find my posts irritating skip them in the future or try to keep track what I'm actually saying.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I’m not even willing to admit I was wrong yet, mate. I hope I will be saying so years from now. But there is a long way to go yet and we have seen purple patches last longer than four months.
I wouldn't waste my time. These people behave and think like children. Reading their posts, you'd think Rashford has been world class for 3 years, not very good for half a season.

Dion

It's definitely still the ones who forgot he'd spent 6 straight seasons scoring, assisting and running for the team prior to that 18 months and overlooked that he'd just broken his fecking back, had a traumatic experience with the national team and his club team was absolutely in the pits.

Sorry, but there's no backward justification for this. It was as dumb then as it is now, and Rashford getting back to his usual self isn't the reason for that, the 250 games he played before he lost form were.

glazed

Nobody is disputing he was gash. It was the reason he was gash that the 85%-ers got wrong. If he was walking around looking confused and lost it was because nobody had told him what he was supposed to do and because he was half injured, over-played and demoralised. If you are being told to high press as a unit and then Ronaldo does fek all, then you just end up knackered for no gain and so you give up. But these are all fixable problems as ETH has shown.

The real problem was how badly run the club was. ETH has begun to address that, though it will take a while and the Glazers will always be the ultimate problem till they sell.

The reason the 85%-ers couldn't see this? I won't be unkind by dwelling on it but the fault was with their basic lack of analytical skills and abilty to decode what they were seeing. Many of them were the same people celebrating Ronaldo's return, backing Ole as coach and saying the Glazers were not the problem. Just bad take after bad take.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I'm not denying he was gash. What I'm denying is the notion he was not trying and not giving his 100 percent. My opinion on that notion is that its gash. If you kept track of my posts you'll see I wasnt going on I told you so and so on. Also what I dont like is the dramatization of the whole story in the sense of '4 months of good form not excusing him and not forgiving him'. That kind of posts are childish and of low quality.
Oh and there are 'he's playing good now so he can get a new contract' stuff too. And I just saw a post about him scoring goals yeah but his general play being appaling. Its as if he didnt have a single good season at the club.

Also I'm really not sure why is it so hard to call a spade a spade at the moment and just say he's in terrific form. Some posters cant stop going back to the period when he was in a bad form and put him down at every opportunity. Like a certain poster who keeps repeating its just a 4 months of good form and that he bust the myth of Rashford not trying just by saying it. Talk about busting a myth.

If you find my posts irritating skip them in the future or try to keep track what I'm actually saying.
My apologies buddy.

Nobody is disputing he was gash. It was the reason he was gash that the 85%-ers got wrong. If he was walking around looking confused and lost it was because nobody had told him what he was supposed to do and because he was half injured, over-played and demoralised. If you are being told to high press as a unit and then Ronaldo does fek all, then you just end up knackered for no gain and so you give up. But these are all fixable problems as ETH has shown.

The real problem was how badly run the club was. ETH has begun to address that, though it will take a while and the Glazers will always be the ultimate problem till they sell.

The reason the 85%-ers couldn't see this? I won't be unkind by dwelling on it but the fault was with their basic lack of analytical skills and abilty to decode what they were seeing. Many of them were the same people celebrating Ronaldo's return, backing Ole as coach and saying the Glazers were not the problem. Just bad take after bad take.
:lol:

You must be a fecking genius

Status
Not open for further replies.