What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why isn't this thread locked? All us nay sayers were wrong. He's back and he's amazing. End of.

Khadaad

I think complaints about Rashford's on-pitch demeanour and performances are not without merit. He looked disinterested and unwilling to put in the physical effort. What I don't understand is how people put that down to a lack of ability and consequently wanted him sold. He absolutely needed to pull his socks up effort-wise, and probably get in better physical shape. We're seeing the results of that.

Frank Grimes

I think complaints about Rashford's on-pitch demeanour and performances are not without merit. He looked disinterested and unwilling to put in the physical effort. What I don't understand is how people put that down to a lack of ability and consequently wanted him sold. He absolutely needed to pull his socks up effort-wise, and probably get in better physical shape. We're seeing the results of that.
Lack of effort is worse than lack of ability surely? One is a choice.

Posh Red

He stopped running and defending, literally. You know it as we all were discussing it for last 2 months of the season. You can pretend it didn't happen but we all know it did.
He let his club down, especially the fans who payed good money to go see the games. I might forgive it but I certainly haven't forgotten it.
When Gary Neville brought it up on Sky Sports he knew his sulking game was up and decided to knuckle down but he really should have been more professional at a time when we were at such a low point.
Okay. Let’s put that to one side then. Are you going to maintain that selling him would have been a good decision, or admit it would have been a bad call?

Frank Grimes

Okay. Let’s put that to one side then. Are you going to maintain that selling him would have been a good decision, or admit it would have been a bad call?
Obviously with hindsight but I don't think it was outlandish to think selling him could be the right thing. Probably wanted this current scenario to be honest. I mean it could easily have gone the other way. He definitely changed his attitude post Rangnick.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Why isn't this thread locked? All us nay sayers were wrong. He's back and he's amazing. End of.
Aye, opinions don’t need to be cast in stone, it can be fluid and change over time. Not sure what the big fuss is, really. I thought he’d given up the past 18 months and worst of all, the lack of effort was a slap in the face.

If we had sold him, then so be it, and if such a poll existed for just about every other player in our squad, I’d have voted “sell” there in majority of those polls in all likelihood as well - based on what we saw from them. This wasn’t really scapegoating Rashford, per se, not from my perspective anyway.

But credit to him for turning it around and even more credit to EtH in turning the culture and standards at this club around (who knew what impact an actual top coach would have, right?). Hopefully we just go from strength to strength from here on in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Aye, opinions don’t need to be cast in stone, it can be fluid and change over time. Not sure what the big fuss is, really. I thought he’d given up the past 18 months and worst of all, the lack of effort was a slap in the face.

If we had sold him, then so be it, and if such a poll existed for just about every other player in our squad, I’d have voted “sell” there in majority of those polls in all likelihood as well - based on what we saw from them. This wasn’t really scapegoating Rashford, per se, not from my perspective anyway.

But credit to him for turning it around and even more credit to EtH in turning the culture and standards at this club around (who knew what impact an actual top coach would have, right?). Hopefully we just go from strength to strength from here on in.
I was in that same camp. But we all knew Ole ran those players into the ground reckless as he was, while I had no idea Rashford was not mentally in the right frame of mind for such a long time. He looks a completely different player now. I think he needs tying down, within that new wage structure mind. And I suspect hardly anyone wants to sell him now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Hasn't looked threatening against a League One team. The doubters are proven right so far tonight.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I was in that same camp. But we all knew Ole ran those players into the ground reckless as he was, while I had no idea Rashford was not mentally in the right frame of mind for such a long time. He looks a completely different player now. I think he needs tying down, within that new wage structure mind. And I suspect hardly anyone wants to sell him now.
Yeah, there was absolutely mitigating circumstances around all those performances - the dressing room and culture was toxic/broken at the club. But these polls don’t exist in a vacuum, per se. The guy is on £200k a week and was putting in those shifts (if he wasn’t physically or mentally well, he shouldn’t have forced Ole or anyone to play him - but I digress), so if the option was selling or renewing at a higher salary, I voted “sell”. I’d have done the same for 80% of the squad, I’m sure. Shaw included. And look at them now. It still pisses me off thinking about the drips and drabs of form and effort we’ve gotten from a lot of these players but I guess that’s where we can see the effects of a top class coach now, versus the ones we had. Hopefully it sustains this time.

But alas, if anyone still wants to sell him/them now, I’d question their sanity :lol:

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, there was absolutely mitigating circumstances around all those performances - the dressing room and culture was toxic/broken at the club. But these polls don’t exist in a vacuum, per se. The guy is on £200k a week and was putting in those shifts (if he wasn’t physically or mentally well, he shouldn’t have forced Ole or anyone to play him - but I digress), so if the option was selling or renewing at a higher salary, I voted “sell”. I’d have done the same for 80% of the squad, I’m sure. Shaw included. And look at them now. It still pisses me off thinking about the drips and drabs of form and effort we’ve gotten from a lot of these players but I guess that’s where we can see the effects of a top class coach now, versus the ones we had. Hopefully it sustains this time.

But alas, if anyone still wants to sell him/them now, I’d question their sanity :lol:
He might want to leave himself (for more money) because haven't United brought in a wage cap at £200,000 p/w which is his current payment I believe.

Dion

Rashford's defensive stats by the way, still looking at where his effort was supposed to have dropped.
He didn't stop running and trying for what it's worth, his defensive stats were as good as ever last season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Amazing how many people on here are changing the minds… I’d say at least 80% of people wanted us to sell rashford at the start of the season… without him I’d hate to know where we’d be.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Amazing how many people on here are changing the minds… I’d say at least 80% of people wanted us to sell rashford at the start of the season… without him I’d hate to know where we’d be.
I wasn't against it at the start of the season, but that's why the majority of fans aren't coaches, ETH has made every player a few levels better.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I wasn't against it at the start of the season, but that's why the majority of fans aren't coaches, ETH has made every player a few levels better.
I always believed he’d become the player we all knew he could under a progressive manager that plays a good brand of football.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
Dude have a purple patch and two years of sulking is forgiven?

city-puma

He didn't stop running and trying for what it's worth, his defensive stats were as good as ever last season.
People only want to believe what they think and want to find any to blame. It’s why many in player performance threads write so much nonsense.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes, any problem?

You have posted 75 times, probably 90% of the posts to take cheap shots at ManUtd player. One more football "neutral" who is too embarrassed to put which team he supports :lol:

pogbasformerbarber

I’m of the seemingly minority opinion that he’s been playing hurt during many of the points he’s received criticism for his “effort”. He’s come back quickly from many injuries, and many here have seemed to expect peak Rashford almost immediately.

In this day and age of hot takes everyone is a phd psychologist to body language and “effort”. I’ve seen a young man with an envious amount of maturity for his age to go with his loads of talent. I’ve always felt when his body’s right and he’s fit he’s as good as any winger we’ve had since his call up…I almost feel like there’s no upside to many of these players to play with knocks anymore since they’ll just get roasted if they’re not in perfect form.

Flexdegea

I'd say so.

We currently living in the present so it's a bit daft to be focusing on the past when he currently doing it, and being our clear No1 attacker at the moment.

As someone said opinions are their to change over time.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People act like he was playing under a great coach during the last 2 years.

Rangnick and Ole were both shite. So was their football and players.

Soon as that changed - Voila - so has Rashford.

It’s all fine for fans to moan and sulk about managers like Ole and Rangnick - but apparently Rashford’s got to work his arse off for below average managers too; even when most of the team is not doing it either anyway.

It’s just great to watch him now anyway.

Goal nearly every match & it feels so good knowing that it’s hurting some of these ‘fans’ as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I prefer the other 8887 tom posters to you to be honest.

If you can't see he's seriously revitalised and on a huge run of form, i pity you.

Khadaad

Lack of effort is worse than lack of ability surely? One is a choice.
I agree with that. I just didn't think the solution was to let him go at that point. It was maddening to see his performances from January 2021 onwards but one could feel that it wasn't the normal (not saying that this form is). We do have a problem with his contract now, and can only hope his performances are commensurate with his compensation.

norm87cro

Surley its time to renew the poles? Is there some kind of agenda against the lad in the CAF? He has been playing great and the locked pool surley doesnt reflect the public opinion currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.