Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He'll probably want to be one of if not the best paid player in the PL now. Should we do it? Double his wages?

If we don't he'll just run down his contract and go to PSG or Spain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would be madness not to renew now.
Just hope it's not the classic huge contract then big drop off in form we've seen with a few players around the leagues.

Strelok

He'll probably want to be one of if not the best paid player in the PL now. Should we do it? Double his wages?

Sancho gets reportedly 350k a week and we paid 74m for him for 5 years. Or another 300k a week. Which means 650k a week in total.

Paying Rashford 500k a week is kinda cheap considering his contribution imo.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He already is one of the best paid player in the PL.

Should probably swop his and Sancho contract really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We seem to be forever cursed with those situations, though.
Something's really clicked with him this year. You suspect it's equally down to himself and the manager, and hopefully stays that way.

Imagine how he could look with a star striker next to him too!

Eli Zee

Something's really clicked with him this year. You suspect it's equally down to himself and the manager, and hopefully stays that way.

Imagine how he could look with a star striker next to him too!
Ronaldo had Rooney when he was tearing it up here on the LW.... Rashford has Weghorst. What a drop off - at least Antony is somewhat comparable to Nani.

we really need to get a GOOD striker that is healthy enough to actually play and finally connect our attack.... score on 2-3 major fronts instead of relying on rashford

Doracle

City would be favourites I think if he doesn’t re-sign for us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I mean, I’m sure he will re-sign for us but in the unlikely event that we don’t reach terms, City would be all over that deal on a free.
He's a Manchester United lad through and through. Even if he left the club theres feck all chance he goes to their rivals. You have a better chance seeing Foden go the opposite way.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's a Manchester United lad through and through. Even if he left the club theres feck all chance he goes to their rivals. You have a better chance seeing Foden go the opposite way.
Do you think the likes of Welbeck and Lingard would refuse to go to City?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not now.

Maybe not then either, because they were always just squad players at Manchester United.
Rashford is on big money & is a superstar at the club he’s always loved. He’s not going to City for fecks sake.
Yeah. It has to be on big money and us possibly winning lots of trophies. Otherwise, even the like of Owen joined us.

These guys, first and foremost, are professionals. If I were Rashford, I wouldn't think twice if City doubled my wage.

NK86

Yeah. It has to be on big money and us possibly winning lots of trophies. Otherwise, even the like of Owen joined us.

These guys, first and foremost, are professionals. If I were Rashford, I wouldn't think twice if City doubled my wage.
Well you aren't Rashford and I am certain do not feel the same for United as a player who has been with the club since he was a kid.
He may not renew, but I don't doubt for a minute that he won't got to City or Liverpool.

Sir Erik ten Hag

We seem the likelier to team to double Rashford's wage, not City.
City will not break their wage structure for a player with no history with them.

Owen had two clubs between Liverpool and United and was so desperate for a new club after Newcastle that he meme’d himself with that broschure.
Alan Smith was relegated with Leeds.

So yeah, if United suddenly become dogshit and get relegated or Rashford himself joins PSG, then Villa and is struggling to find a new club, then surely he’d join Citeh.
In the current situation though, there’s not a chance in hell, even on “double your money”.

wolvored

This made me laugh :lol:

Which wage structure we on about? The one on or off the books?
The thing is, if Utd do cap the wage structure to top earners on 200k a week, we might have to go down that route somehow. Rashford, for example, is reportedly on 200k a week already. How do you persuade him to re-sign? Offering a big signing on bonus? a pay as you play bonus? or somethig more nefarious?

Melville Red

There are reports of Rashford waiting to see who the new owners are before he signs. Well things better start moving a bit more quicker than they are then.
If he does decide to go it will be abroad, a year ago almost every one wanted him gone, now every one wants him to stay, it’s a bit of a quandary, who would want to work in the contract department of any club?

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The thing is, if Utd do cap the wage structure to top earners on 200k a week, we might have to go down that route somehow. Rashford, for example, is reportedly on 200k a week already. How do you persuade him to re-sign? Offering a big signing on bonus? a pay as you play bonus? or somethig more nefarious?
Wage cap is not true, no one except some shit source reported it. Also if it's 200k, it would be 200k base wage. No club would put 200k cap on wages, it's impossible.

SAFMUTD

PSG apparently offered him £400k per week in the summer.
Im totally relaxed about this. He's a lad from the academy has never express desire to move to another team and I don't think PSG will be making any moves due to the Qatar links between us. Also I don't think Rashford plans to play in France.

Threesus

These are some of the highest earners at the club. How much do you guys think he is going to demand?

tomaldinho1

These are some of the highest earners at the club. How much do you guys think he is going to demand?
You have to factor in that we’re supposedly renegotiating a much lower deal with DDG and, frankly, I can see us letting Sancho and Martial leave unless their form/fitness improves. We’re also supposedly trying to cap everyone at 250k from what I read a while ago so if he’s only behind Varane and Case who are on the last big contracts of their careers I don’t think that’s too crazy.

I think he’ll end up on 250k with realistic add ons to take him to 300k.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
You have to factor in that we’re supposedly renegotiating a much lower deal with DDG and, frankly, I can see us letting Sancho and Martial leave unless their form/fitness improves. We’re also supposedly trying to cap everyone at 250k from what I read a while ago so if he’s only behind Varane and Case who are on the last big contracts of their careers I don’t think that’s too crazy.

I think he’ll end up on 250k with realistic add ons to take him to 300k.
No chance. He will end up around 300/350k base with add ons to take him to 400/450 k. Otherwise he will leave for free.

But I am sure he will sign a new contract with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.