Rashford or Welbeck?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who do you think was the better player in Welbeck's prime?

Best season at United
Rashford: 13 goals in 47 matches
Welbeck: 12 goals in 39 matches

England record
Rashford: 7 goals in 34 matches
Welbeck: 16 goals in 42 matches

2 very similar players. Both played mostly out wide for us, although Rashford had more chances up front as he didn't have Rooney, van Persie, Hernandez and Berbatov to compete with. Who was better in your opinion?

Bojan11

Welbeck atleast you could say was better in terms of all round play. Rashford is terrible but gets away with it a lot because he was a half a season wonder.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Put rashford in the teams welbeck played with and we see a very good striker who comes off the bench. I do believe he is better than welbeck.

Rashford is a funny one. He does have capability but mentally and instinctively he isn't a top top striker.

El Zoido

Welbeck was more likely to get you a goal. Rashford however is being played out of position.

Stadjer

Wellbeck did have the advantage of playing with better players though... Rashford would have better stats if he played in the United team Wellbeck played in.

M Bison

Supports
York City
No bashing. Just a comparison between a current player and a former player. They are very similar so it's fair right?
It’ll end up that way, I’d bet my mortgage on it.

From my side, Rashford is far better. He’s a young lad and still learning, he’s our only fit striker and we’re asking him to be the main striker in a team devoid of any creative influence.

He’s got an impossible task.

MDFC Manager

Welbeck was miles better technically and was a real team player. And even then Welbeck wasn't good enough for United.

rpitchfo

Hmm It should be rashford given what I believe is his potential. But I just don’t see anything to justify my faith in him. I hope I’m wrong but in a few years I think we will judge them as having the same impact at united.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Welbeck was miles better technically and was a real team player. And even then Welbeck wasn't good enough for United.
I think Rashford was slightly better technically, but Welbeck worked his fecking arse off and was very unselfish. He had a worldie in his locker too

That goal in the Bernabeu :drool:

That goal at the Etihad :drool:

That chip at Swansea :drool:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I knew there were similarities:wenger: I would like to take credit for this thread:lol:

shahzy

Should have sold to PSG when the rumoured 30mil bid came in. Guy is so beyond over rated

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So far Welbeck has been better, but Rashford is young and learning, so you never know.