Rashford - Playing through injury (again)

TMDaines

And it’s all alright, because Rashford, the doctors, and Southgate say he’s fit, right? Until he breaks down with another niggling injury in a month or so and it carries on.
What’s the alternative? Players don’t just develop a fully uninjured body by sitting on sidelines for a few weeks or months.

Smores

The truth is most players carry injuries throughout the season. He'll be looking at these games as an opportunity to get goals and make progress on his international record.

It's a shame but some players care about records. Poor Bamford can't get a sniff despite an outstanding season too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What’s the alternative? Players don’t just develop a fully uninjured body by sitting on sidelines for a few weeks or months.
It sure lets the body heal a bit, though. It’s that, or watch performances like first half of Milan away where Rashford broke into a sprint about 3 times in 45 minutes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
At least if he chooses to go and play against San Marino, Albania et al. all this 'playing injured' stuff goes out the window.

He might be playing hurt, I imagine half the team are at this point in the season, but if he goes away on England duty he's certainly not playing with an injury. There's a big, big difference.
Does this 'playing injured' stuff goes out of window now? When most of the reports are saying Rashford has ankle injury and a major doubt for the game, he is still doing only gym work and all that?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Think people need to realize that when it comes to something as abstract as "pain", its only so much scans, doctors and coaches can determine and really its the players themselves who decide if they can work through it or if its too much of a handicap

Rashford seems like the player who wants to play every single game. Great attitude, but also a double edged sword

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He isnt going to play for England he just want's to be there around the camp, and why not?

It's not like they'll desperately need him for San Marino.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford’s management team on twitter:

Judas

Open to offers
It's painfully obvious he's not healthy. I just hope this playing through injury, which lots of athletes do, doesn't cause longterm damage. The fact he's still one of our key and most influential players says a lot about his ability.

crossy1686

It's painfully obvious he's not healthy. I just hope this playing through injury, which lots of athletes do, doesn't cause longterm damage. The fact he's still one of our key and most influential players says a lot about his ability.
I'd love a fully fit Rashford for August, I'm kind of hoping he sits the Euro's out. If we had another wide outlet as effective as him we could afford to rest him, such a shame.

Chairman Steve

If hes been playing with injuries for two years then bite the bullet, take the surgery, miss the Euros and thank yourself lucky that the World Cup is next year.

Otherwise this is shit management on his behalf.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It seems to be soft tissue injuries through which he is persisting. If so, this doesn’t bode well for his longevity.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If hes been playing with injuries for two years then bite the bullet, take the surgery, miss the Euros and thank yourself lucky that the World Cup is next year.

Otherwise this is shit management on his behalf.
It’s also a criticism that can be leveled on the player & his handlers, not shutting it down for his own benefit (& tangentially, the club’s). It might be time for some tough, mature decisions made by all parties & shutting him down for good to fully heal.