Rashford - Playing through injury (again)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Apparently rated only by UK people.

Alfie092

He’s not a special talent, Rooney was a special talent, Mbappe is a special talent. Rashford is a good player who is unbelievably overrated in England. Nobody outside of the UK rates him as a special player. He’s just a good but very inconsistent player capable of producing great moments.

Ole has let him down, out of fear of losing his job.
People outside of the UK do rate him highly but definitely not on the same level as a Rooney or an Mbappe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s one of those things that will only truly come out later in his career/when he retires, but I’d reckon he’s been playing through pain/injury for at least a year or so. Like, pro players at the elite level obviously push through the barrier at times, but I don’t think Rashford has ever stopped under Ole.

Reminds me a bit of this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/w...an-Persie-reveals-playing-pain-six-years.html

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You suspect if Martial and Rashy had a similar level of niggle, that Rashy would be the one who plays.

Very game lad, just hope he's not doing himself too much longer term damage.

Hope we buy another big attacker in the summer so we can rotate a bit more.

Crashoutcassius

Ignoring the agenda guys in here, what is the general consensus? This is about as important as games come for us , and we are in the depths of a fairly extreme injury crisis, seems to me like the right time to risk him ? Otherwise it is James and some selection of kids up front versus one of the league's best defences

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
His last knock was only a slight ankle tweak wasn't it?
It's not like it's coming back after the back thing - that was more worrying.

Red & White

Hope he’s not risking a more serious injury but delighted to see him start with our injuries situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ignoring the agenda guys in here, what is the general consensus? This is about as important as games come for us , and we are in the depths of a fairly extreme injury crisis, seems to me like the right time to risk him ? Otherwise it is James and some selection of kids up front versus one of the league's best defences
It's superb that Rashy is putting himself forward, as without him we'd have been in a pickle today.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think Ole said Rashford has recovered from injury, hopefully we are not rushing him back.

Hammondo

Wow this is daily mail level stuff with our assumptions if injuries.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This. I've stopped believing Ole is putting the club and the players first and foremost and is doing anything to prevent himself from being sacked.
That's some absolutely ludicrous spin. You should be in politics.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I still feel a draw is likely but no Rashford and a front 3 of James/Greenwood/Amad I wouldn't have given a hope of scoring a goal against a well organised West Ham side so Rashford's inclusion certainly gives us a slightly better chance. Calculated risk which we'll only know if it was worth it at FT

Crashoutcassius

It's superb that Rashy is putting himself forward, as without him we'd have been in a pickle today.
I agree with that alright, if that is what is happening. Not exactly the type of game he excels in but better than having greenwood and amad trying to make it up as they go along

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's been declared fit by the medical team. If there was a chance of causing a serious injury then he wouldn't play.

Strats

That's some absolutely ludicrous spin. You should be in politics.
Fair enough, its a bit of a stretch and strongly worded. I do still think he's been overusing players when its not been necessary, like Fernandes.

drdoityourself

We have a team of medical experts, his coaches and manager to evaluate him. Can not understand how obsessed this site is with fatigue, preexisting injuries and rest when we simply haven't got any info. I get it, Fergie rotated his way to the title last time around, seems it really has made people fixated on this issue.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We have a team of medical experts, his coaches and manager to evaluate him. Can not understand how obsessed this site is with fatigue, preexisting injuries and rest when we simply haven't got any info. I get it, Fergie rotated his way to the title last time around, seems it really has made people fixated on this issue.
This individual situation aside, people are concerned because last season was testament to mismanagement in that regard, with numerous players.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The same posters having a go at Ole for playing him will be the first to complain when we lose games with a weak line up. He can't win.

He took a kick didn't he? It's probably just a bruise.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The same posters having a go at Ole for playing him will be the first to complain when we lose games with a weak line up. He can't win.

He took a kick didn't he? It's probably just a bruise.
Hes been playing with a shoulder injury for a while, and his back is also still an issue

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fair enough, its a bit of a stretch and strongly worded. I do still think he's been overusing players when its not been necessary, like Fernandes.
There's a huge difference between over using the stand out star player, and putting another player's health secondary to his own job.
Massive difference.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He was rested as a caution against Milan but was always going to play today, it was said in commentary in the game.

But yes, let’s find something else to blame Ole for, coward, taking years off Rashy career, only cares about saving himself from the sack etc etc :rolleyes:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He missed the Europa game with an ankle injury, as far as I know. Seemed to sprain it a bit against City. A week off should be sufficient to recover.

The shoulder injury he can live with. It's going to hurt a lot and may impact his performance a little but not much else.

red4ever 79

Explain Phil Jones then

Wolverine

I don't know if he is playing through an injury. Either a shoulder or back problem. I agree its not great to speculate and use it against coaching staff. But to be fair there is precedent of players saying that they have played through pain before, either via strong painkillers or without fully recovering. So not beyond the realms of possibility.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
what do you care? You don't even rate Rashford and neither does anyone outside the UK correct?
I don’t “not rate” him I think he’s very inconsistent & massively overrated. He’s still a good player but it’s hard to see us ever winning a title if he is one of our best players. He needs much more quality around him.