Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

George The Best

Redknapp was only good at ....... getting injured and suntanning himself. Not sure his opinion is worth a great deal, especially as the only person he seems to like is himself.

cyril C

He won’t displace Lukaku as the 9...If Alexis keeps playing well he won’t get a game on the left....He can’t play on the right...So he will have to be extremely patient over the next few seasons if he wants to make it at United.

Ultimately like Rio said yesterday,he won’t be happy with just getting minutes by playing 20 odd minutes every week...He needs to prepare himself mentally to be very patient if he wants to make it at United...
As a matter of fact, he won't displace Kane, Morata, Giroud, Firmino, Salah, Aguero, and probably not Aubam. Assuming he will leave for the other Big 5, his best chance for a regular start is Arsenal but what happen to Wellbeck? If he leaves for Watford or Wolves, then what is the point? 2000 min at MU is better than playing regular games in mid-table club considering the exposure to CL and other derby games.

A young player must be prepared to play at any opportunity available, whether at the wing, for 20min, against Championship. If he thinks he is ready for the big boys, then prove it. Alternatively he can follow Pogba's path and jump to an overseas major club. If ht does get similar career path as Pogba then I have no quarrel. Otherwise stay until you are 23 or so, then ask the serious question. IMO, the most frustration point is the fact that neither Martial nor Rashford have made themselves ready when the boss needs to rest Lukaku.

Offsideagain

Redknapp is just another ABU no mark. Anyone that wears a white suit and doesn’t sell ice cream, is a prat.

Nikelesh Reddy

As a matter of fact, he won't displace Kane, Morata, Giroud, Firmino, Salah, Aguero, and probably not Aubam. Assuming he will leave for the other Big 5, his best chance for a regular start is Arsenal but what happen to Wellbeck? If he leaves for Watford or Wolves, then what is the point? 2000 min at MU is better than playing regular games in mid-table club considering the exposure to CL and other derby games.

A young player must be prepared to play at any opportunity available, whether at the wing, for 20min, against Championship. If he thinks he is ready for the big boys, then prove it. Alternatively he can follow Pogba's path and jump to an overseas major club. If ht does get similar career path as Pogba then I have no quarrel. Otherwise stay until you are 23 or so, then ask the serious question. IMO, the most frustration point is the fact that neither Martial nor Rashford have made themselves ready when the boss needs to rest Lukaku.
Or the alternative is to join a club like Everton,West ham etc....Play week in,week out over the next 3-4 seasons until you are 23-24....Score 25-30 goals every season and get a 80 million move to a top 6 club at the age of 24(like Lukaku)....

I desperately want him to stay,but at his age ,you can only improve if you start games regularly...

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Edit: unnecessary post. Apologies

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I have no time at all for ex players who don't have the guts to even attempt to become a manager/coach with all the problems associated with that role and then think they are qualified to tell everyone what they should do.

That goes for Jamie Carrager and the rest of them with that halfwit Robbie Savage being a case in point.
Whever he is on the tv or radio the first thing I do is turn over or switch off.
The man is a total Twatt and that is a compliment.

Irrational.

Garth Crooks on Rashford after including him in his team of the week:

"...if Jose Mourinho doesn't commit to building United around Marcus Rashford then the striker should stick two fingers up to his manager and walk out of Old Trafford at the earliest opportunity."

:rolleyes:

I don't get the fascination with the media wanting Rashford to leave. He's at the best place possible, under a competent manager he'll be amazing. He's not exactly pushed for time.

mark_a

There's total strangers in the street who's opinion on United / Rashford I value more than both Crooks and Redknapp

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

"...if Jose Mourinho doesn't commit to building United around Marcus Rashford then the striker should stick two fingers up to his manager and walk out of Old Trafford at the earliest opportunity."

I don't get the fascination with the media wanting Rashford to leave. He's at the best place possible, under a competent manager he'll be amazing. He's not exactly pushed for time.
I take his point though, we've been a lot better this season with him up front as oppose to Lukaku and we probably should just take the punt on him being our number 9 now albeit he hasn't really progressed much if at all over the last 2 seasons

He gets paid for this ?
Getting balanced intelligent views on United is hard enough on here yet I expect much better from a Beeb employee,but then Crooks has always talked shite.

He gets paid for this ?
Getting balanced intelligent views on United is hard enough on here yet I expect much better from a Beeb employee,but then Crooks has always talked shite.
He’s an absolute joke. He’s been completely sidelined by the BBC as he talks utter rubbish, rarely seen on TV these days and just writes that awful column, which is usually absurd as he favours any defender that scores.

His opinion is not worth worrying about.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Crooks seems to be rather pro-United in a lot of cases, but just totally hates Mourinho and uses anything as an axe to grind. He says this about Dalot in his team of the week:

This 19-year-old Portuguese kid looks like he could be the real deal. He's definitely with the right team. I'm not entirely sure he's with the right manager.
Just so unnecessary.

Trizy

Yes, let's build the team around a striker that can't finish easy chances or beat a man without kicking the ball 20 meters past him and sprinting to it.

Rashford is a good kid, great work ethic and genuine fan. However, he is not a good footballer no matter what way you paint it. Darren Gibson could also score a banger, just saying.

These so called ex-pro pundits haven't a clue. Rashford's media praise is the biggest lie in football. One can only assume it's because he's English. Mason Greenwood is already a better striker, if we're the build a team around a young English striker it should be him.

Maticmaker

Why is it that ex-players, nearly always from rival clubs, suggest our (arguably) best striker should leave the club, especially at a time when we are struggling to find form? Could there be an ulterior motive, say sowing further seeds of discontent to heap on top of Pogba's woes?

Have we had any former United players suggesting Rashford should leave OT? I suppose you could argue that Gareth Crooks is an ex-United player, but his heart always belonged to Spurs.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I take his point though, we've been a lot better this season with him up front as oppose to Lukaku and we probably should just take the punt on him being our number 9 now albeit he hasn't really progressed much if at all over the last 2 seasons
Doesn't seem like a punt worth taking, at this moment. We need a forward who'll score at least 25-30 a season. Rashford isn't that forward yet.

Mainoldo

His development will kick on once Mourinho’s gone. He’s still young. Sterling’s should there’s still time to get back on track after lack of development for a few years.

edgar allan

It only takes one season and faith mate.
There is faith and there is needing miracles.

Rashford could go on to be a top player but he doesn't have the finishing ability to score that number of goals.......unless he moves to scotland.

Trizy

I have been a strong critic of Rashford but that is rubbish. Rashford is miles ahead of him.
I meant ability wise as an overall striker. It'd obviously be a terrible idea to throw him into the starting XI this week and expect something brilliant as he's still very young and has no experience.

Mason has that edge where he just looks better than everyone and makes it look easy. These are common things you find in the best players.

Mainoldo

Rashford could go on to be a top player but he doesn't have the finishing ability to score that number of goals.......unless he moves to scotland.
Sterling scored over 15 goals last year and his finishing is terrible. Rashford just needs to work on his composure. His technique is top draw. He can work of variation too, but he has tremendous power in his strikes so he can get 20 goals off one type of finish only providing he improves his accuracy.

So no I don’t agree with your miracle.

Mainoldo

I meant ability wise as an overall striker. It'd obviously be a terrible idea to throw him into the starting XI this week and expect something brilliant as he's still very young and has no experience.

Mason has that edge where he just looks better than everyone and makes it look easy. These are common things you find in the best players.
Can we just wait until he gets to the top level. Rashford is playing at the highest level scoring goals for club and country. Like they don’t need to be compared at all at the minute.

SteveTheRed

That's rubbish, when he first burst onto the seen his finishing was great and constantly talked about! He can improve his finishing, he is only 21 to say he needs a miracle is silly.

edgar allan

That's rubbish, when he first burst onto the seen his finishing was great and constantly talked about! He can improve his finishing, he is only 21 to say he needs a miracle is silly.
To score 25 goals a season is a huge stretch for me, his composure in front of goal is not at that standard. Hopefully you are right.

edgar allan

Sterling scored over 15 goals last year and his finishing is terrible. Rashford just needs to work on his composure. His technique is top draw. He can work of variation too, but he has tremendous power in his strikes so he can get 20 goals off one type of finish only providing he improves his accuracy.

So no I don’t agree with your miracle.
I like Rashford but I don't think his finishing or technique is good enough to be scoring 25 goals a season.

SteveTheRed

To score 25 goals a season is a huge stretch for me, his composure in front of goal is not at that standard. Hopefully you are right.
I hope so, 25 goals right now would be a stretch of the imagination, even next season but I think he can do it.

Comparing him to Sterling's progress, who was averaging 10 goals a season at 19-22 years old and only last year did he jump up to 23 goals and probably on course to do it again.

If we play better as a team, he will get there.

His development will kick on once Mourinho’s gone. He’s still young. Sterling’s should there’s still time to get back on track after lack of development for a few years.
He's been developing well the last few weeks. Comfortably been our most adventurous attacker and Jose is loving his attitude.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He could be great with his movement if he had lethal finishing. Hopefully that improves and the decision making comes with experience.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He’s playing exactly how he does when he always plays good. That’s not developing.
Don't agree.
His passing has definitely improved and he seems to be running down less blind alleys.

Previous his play was all about pace which is good but he is adding a bit more guile to his all round play.

Don't agree.
His passing has definitely improved and he seems to be running down less blind alleys.

Previous his play was all about pace which is good but he is adding a bit more guile to his all round play.
Agree.
I haven't seen the kick-and-run aspect of his game for a while now.He seems far more controlled and aware.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Agree.
I haven't seen the kick-and-run aspect of his game for a while now.He seems far more controlled and aware.
I honestly believe that he is the most naturally talented young player United has produced for a long time.

Being a young striker is super difficult as you are always going to be compared with the best, such as Mbappe for example.

Marcus is not at that level and is playing in a team that often leaves him isolated.
Nevertheless, he has the potential to become a top quality striker and we are extremely fortunate to have him in our team.

RedDevil@84

Most teams nowadays, don't build a team around a single player. Not to mention, Rashford, though talented, is not someone with out of the world abilities.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I don't understand this idea that a 21 year old, who's already 32 goals for his club can't become a 20+ season striker. Oh, hang on a minute that's 21 year old Cristiano Ronaldo's stats after a season with Sporting and three seasons with us. At Rashford's age, Harry Kane had scored 21 goals (with 16 of those coming while he was playing in the Championship/League1).

Actually, 6 weeks past his 21st birthday, Marcus has scored 35 for us. Very similar stats to Raheem Sterling at the same age. Gareth Bale was 23 by the time he'd scored that many.

That's not a comparison with Ronaldo, Kane, Bale or even Sterling incidentally, because that would be really unfair because we all have the benefit of hindsight. It's too early to know what happens next. Giggs didn't become a great goalscorer but he was really good to have around, Danny Welbeck didn't make it as a striker either but then Rashford's already scored more goals for us than he did.

He's good for the team right now, better than anyone on the bench - that gets him in the team. I think he's going to be great, but if I'm wrong he's still worth a place in our team, so whatever the oppo pundits think he doesn't have to go anywhere, and we shouldn't let him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Most teams nowadays, don't build a team around a single player. Not to mention, Rashford, though talented, is not someone with out of the world abilities.
Unless you have a player with ridiculous amount of talent like Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Ronaldinho, etc, it's no use to build a squad arround a player.

Mainoldo

Don't agree.

Oh your one of those game by game fans. I’ll ask you about his improvement when he had a poor game. I’m sure you’ll give me a different answer.