Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
As others have pointed out, Rashford is the only player to have featured in every game so far this season. This despite not having a very good season.

I'm not sure how these pundits actually get paid for trotting out cliche lines without looking at the facts first. Like Keown on Friday banging on about Shaw not getting in the team.
Because they are famous

There is only a handful of pundits in the UK that are actually good at their job and 2 of them are at Sky, the rest don't treat it as a profession and show up to earn an easy living off of not even putting minimum effort into the job.

Alabaster Codify7

Haha, what a bitter, twisted Scouse mug.
However, I feel Rashford is nowhere near as good as some of our fans want to believe he is and a 1-yr loan somewhere good (NOT as a left winger, as an out and out striker) to hone his finishing skills and composure would be a good move.

Oscie

None of these 'ex-pro thinks...' columns add any insight. Especially ones penned by Jamie Redknapp and Ian Wright.

Canagel

Redknapp is an idiot just like Keown and many others. If he'd gone to City would he be saying Sterling/Sane/Jesus should leave? No because it would've been a fantastic addition and those young players are going to learn so much from one of the best attacking players in the world. Rashford is 20 years old. He will have plenty of opportunities and that's life at a big club. There's going to be competition for places. It's a normal thing but these so called geniuses can't handle St Pep getting rejected for evil Mourinho. It's pathetic really.

TinFoil

Very lucky to have the job he has because he is a very poor pundit. Really lacks knowledge about football. Very biased as well.
Him and sherwood only get gigs on tv because they know the right people. They have nothing worth contributing as pundits. Punditry is a boys club in football.

Fridge chutney

Jealous bellend. Adds nothing to punditry, much like Ballague.

Sky is going down the toilet with Merson, Redknapp, Ballague, et al.

Just as well they have Neville and Carragher, who at least have a bit of fun.

ti vu

He's starting every game, but not as a striker. Is it beneficial to play more games in your natural position?
He's mot starting every game.

The whole natural position is overplayed. People may see it differently but even at youth level, Rashford play forward similar to to Yeovil game. Go wide plenty. It's different than a wide forward in other game but not exactly strange position. He clearly isn't mature enough to nail the starting spot as main central forward for us, but the risk is still high elsewhere. I meant look at it this way: We're not best supplying him, but we're still strong and try to win games. Many smaller teams lack all kind of creativity and quality, and most importantly the will to win game. You can say Rashford may have more optimal environment with more creativity in our team, but you can't expect him to lead the line for when some aspects of his game need much development which incontrary to the myth about lesser teams being willing to give potential player plenty of chances.

Edit: there is a prime example of a former City youth player who used to be compared to Rashford, moved to Leicester and now can't even get enough sub appearance

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Firstly, Redknapp is clueless
Secondly, he's getting decent game time - especially considering he's not actually been that good in a number of games
Thirdly, Ibra might well be off this month as opposed to the end of the year so even more game time

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Maybe it's Jamie who needs to leave, and go get a fecking clue about what's going at United.

vangagal

I wonder how come those ex-pro footballer getting easy job in media while their knowledge about this sport is just the same about newborn baby knows the world(ok, bit hyperbole but still). For the money those TV paid for PL's license they dont give a damn shite whatsoever about good commentary or at least a knowledgeable pundit appear in their show. Sometimes i just change to spain-based commentary just because the englih one is just that bad.

L1nk

Really don't understand these garbage articles. Rashford still has a lot to prove, he's young and every young player needs to expect to fight for their place, work hard and chances will come, this is true if Rashford was at any club in the world. By no means is he the finished article that should be leading the line for us but because he's English every pundit seems to think this is the case. At this point we should only bring in another attacker if both Ibra and Mata leave which still shouldn't change how many opportunities he gets, which is more than most players.

Dante

Average bang
I used to think Redknapp was a poor pundit.

But judging by the number of bites he's got in this threads, he's a genius.

Stacks

Hasn't Rashford played the most games for us this season?
Only player to have played in every game and played more mins than Martial, Mata.

I don't understand why these pundits don't talk this crap when other big teams sign players for big money.
Pretty sure he's featured in every single game this season, and most games last season.
Radford is the only player to feature in every game.
People need to call him in his BS.
Marcus Rashford has played 1,309 minutes of the PL this season.
He is the ninth-most played player in our PL games this season.
The other players?

1. David de Gea Manchester United
Spain
2. Nemanja Matic Manchester United
Serbia
3. Romelu Lukaku Manchester United
Belgium
4. Antonio Valencia Manchester United
Ecuador
5. Phil Jones Manchester United
England
6. Ashley Young Manchester United
England
7. Chris Smalling Manchester United
England
8. Juan Mata Manchester United
Spain

The Absolute ridiculousness of this.
feck off Redknapp. Rashford has got plenty of game time this season and last season under Jose. Talking utter rubbish once again.
As others have pointed out, Rashford is the only player to have featured in every game so far this season. This despite not having a very good season.

I'm not sure how these pundits actually get paid for trotting out cliche lines without looking at the facts first. Like Keown on Friday banging on about Shaw not getting in the team.
Isn't the point of the article that NOW Alexis has arrived, Rashfords appearances may be limited going forwards? most of Rashfords appearances are coming from the left and both Alexis AND Martial are better than him. Obviously he is being a bit dramatic since Rashford is probably 2nd choice in every one of his positions by default.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I used to think Redknapp was a poor pundit.

But judging by the number of bites he's got in this threads, he's a genius.
Being a shit stirrer doesn’t make a genius pundit. Unless you attend the Talksport School of Punditry.

Sigma

Isn't the point of the article that NOW Alexis has arrived, Rashfords appearances may be limited going forwards? most of Rashfords appearances are coming from the left and both Alexis AND Martial are better than him. Obviously he is being a bit dramatic since Rashford is probably 2nd choice in every one of his positions by default.
Surely if he was already playing in the most games then somebody else should be more worried about his place in the team due to Sanchez's arrival more than Rashford.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rumours that Zlatan is off to MLS which means Rashford is back up for Lukaku, for Right wing, left wing. Not a bad position for a 20 year old.

Rashford played in every single game which itself shows Jose rates him highly, so yeah whatever Redknapp said is clearly wrong.

Prodigy24

Honestly as soon as Sanchez was done I was expecting to read this article about Rashford. I was thinking that it would come from either Keown, Megson or Redknapp. It was so predictable and it's pure crap as expected.

desirere

He might have to leave in the end but game time wouldn't have been the issue.

This season has highlighted his weakneses and I hope with the ramaining time of this and the season ahead of us he can correct them to a reasonable degree, else he walks the plank. Well, not literally but we do have a bad habbit od keeping players for too long.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We swapped him for Mykytarin (similar positions) and there is no more added players in this window. What the feck are you smoking JR. Plus City have another kid like Rashford but they spent £47m on him and he’s only starting to get a start now Sane and Jesus are out injured. For feck sake go and figure it out.

Stacks

We swapped him for Mykytarin (similar positions) and there is no more added players in this window. What the feck are you smoking JR. Plus City have another kid like Rashford but they spent £47m on him and he’s only starting to get a start now Sane and Jesus are out injured. For feck sake go and figure it out.
I didn't write the article pal, so it isn't my opinion. If you read my post I stated the Rashford is virtually number 2 in each position in offence.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wierd thing to say, so because United sign someone he will need to compete with he should leave? He just turned 20 and played almost everything.

The state of some pundits.. I thought ours were bad.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Have maintained a loan to a PL club/Top championship club is what he needs to develop himself, If we had Zlatan fit i would have hoped he went to newcastle in january but alas he isnt. I know most of Caf thinks he is a superstar but i think he needs polishing and a drop down back to earth. Lingard was on loan and it helped him, i think if we buy another young forward in the summer, we should send rashford on loan for a season where he plays 40 + games and see how he does. Playing regular games is the way he should decide how his career will go. Lack of depth means he shouldnt go in jan but sign a young attacker for bit part minutes and use the loan system to our best advantage loaning him to a newly promoted team, where he knows he will play maximum games.

OldTrevil

Pexbo has advised Louise Redknapp to go and play elsewhere following Sky's signing of Kelly Cates.

The Redcafe poster admitted he feels "sorry" for the halfwit who will inevitably find punditry harder to come by as a direct result of the scot joining the ranks at the O2 Studios.

Sky beat BT to the punch to land Cates last year, parting company with simpleton Niall Quinn in the process.

"I just feel for people like Jamie Redknapp. They go down the pecking order and he's probably thinking what trousers do I fit in now?, said Pexbo.

"Part of Sky is having these pundits but I just feel sorry when someone like Jamie Redknapp is going to be thinking 'this is another pathway blocked for me.'

"Louise might have to go in the end. It doesn't help your confidence. Every time you are thinking? fecking hell is that bloke my husband?".

"She probably needs to go and play somewhere else."

"It is a shame but modern day football punditry really isn't so hard for young British pundits to get opportunities and yet he continually fecks it up."
:lol::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bet Redknapp would be surprised to hear Rashford is right up the list of appearance makers for us.

Would love to see his vacuous face try and absorb that.

It's Manchester United for goodness sake. He should have to face some tough competition!

Zlatattack

Jamie Redknapp, the highlight of his career was marrying a B list celeb and being the son of Harry Redknapp.

Small time player with small time mentality. At clubs like Manchester United where success is mandatory not "showing character" we have multiple top players in each position. They push each other to get the best out of themselves and others. That's why we win things. There will be plenty of games for Rashford if he's good enough.

Offsideagain

Deflects from the piss poor performance from the Scousers against the Baggies. He’s a proper pollock.

Heardy

it' bullshit. rashford has made more appearances than anyone this season.

he is getting, and will continue to get hos fair share of playing time assuming his performances wardant it.

typical sensationalist rubbish.

Art Vandelay

Jamie Redknapp, the highlight of his career was marrying a B list celeb and being the son of Harry Redknapp.

Small time player with small time mentality. At clubs like Manchester United where success is mandatory not "showing character" we have multiple top players in each position. They push each other to get the best out of themselves and others. That's why we win things. There will be plenty of games for Rashford if he's good enough.
Actually the highlights of his career were:
  • Having the piss taken out of his woeful cross/shot by Rene Higuita.
  • Dressing like an absolute bellend at Wembley for an FA Cup final that they subsequently lost.
  • Being made captain of Southampton by his dad. Subsequently getting relegated.