Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

pacifictheme

He hasn't been playing as a striker though. And when he did it was arguably his worse form all season.

He seems to be really growing into the left inside forward though.
Yeah rashford is an inside forward/ inverted winger. 100% his best position. Hes explosive and that position allows it for sure. Need a proper striker though. Not sure martial has it in him to lead the line. Also he is always injured.

TheReligion

Abusive
Carragher and Redknapp knowing nothing about developing home grown talent. Is it really such a shock? I mean Liverpool have developed feck all in the PL era and only have TAA in their current side.

Probably one of the worst, along with City, in the top flight.

RMD83

Carragher and Redknapp knowing nothing about developing home grown talent. Is it really such a shock? I mean Liverpool have developed feck all in the PL era and only have TAA in their current side.

Probably one of the worst, along with City, in the top flight.
Thats right, absolutely feck all. Apart from themselves. oh and Gerrard, Fowler, Owen, McManaman and Sterling.

simplyared

Let's be fair, Rashford's development under Mourinho went in the wrong direction. Watching the player during that period was painful to say the least. Those of us who recognized the quality and the potential of the player were frustrated to see such a waste of talent. For some reason Mourinho's coahing methods weren't working. No doubt about that! At that point I could see where Rednapp was coming from. That said I'd have given my back teeth to keep him at OT. Now he's playing to his potential and Mourinho is history!

Judas

Open to offers
I really hope we don't see him as a striker again unless it's an emergency or closing out a game, I think he's proven where he should be playing now.

marktan

Let's be fair, Rashford's development under Mourinho went in the wrong direction. Watching the player during that period was painful to say the least. Those of us who recognized the quality and the potential of the player were frustrated to see such a waste of talent. For some reason Mourinho's coahing methods weren't working. No doubt about that! At that point I could see where Rednapp was coming from. That said I'd have given my back teeth to keep him at OT. Now he's playing to his potential and Mourinho is history!
Mourinho played him exactly the same, as a wide forward on the left. If anything Rashford plays the same way, he's just more consistent in front of goal more.

Lots of things to bash Jose on but Rashford isn't one of them, he played him a lot.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sterling they bought..

Gerrard, Fowler, Owen and Mcmananan. In 30 years. Great stuff.
To be fair people on here often state that Pogba counts as a player United have brought through, I don’t see much of a difference in Sterling’s case.
Carragher and TAA also.

It’s not as impressive as United but it’s not awful.

simplyared

Mourinho played him exactly the same, as a wide forward on the left. If anything Rashford plays the same way, he's just more consistent in front of goal more.

Lots of things to bash Jose on but Rashford isn't one of them, he played him a lot.
Nah can't agree with that. He's a different player now and that's nothing to do with in which position he plays. He's just enjoying his football more now.

UDontMessWith24

He's not 100% wrong you know. Young English players have done very well in the BL (for example) in terms of development, but we should be capable of the same, especially with a local kid who bleeds Man Utd.

Red Royal

Nah can't agree with that. He's a different player now and that's nothing to do with in which position he plays. He's just enjoying his football more now.
I think he has physically bulked up in the last year which has helped (hope he doesn't go full out Lukaku mode though).

Tarrou

but then he bought Sanchez to play that position, so I don't think he deserves a whole lot of credit

marktan

but then he bought Sanchez to play that position, so I don't think he deserves a whole lot of credit
True that was an abject signing but we did need someone wide reinforcements, tbh even now someone like Sancho would make a huge difference to us. Rashford did play an average of 50 games a season under Jose though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This numpty is talking more shite as usual. Thinks United will ruin Fernandes because 'United have an amazing record of turning good players into bad ones'. And Ighalo 'smacks of desperation'.