Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

Craig Bellendy

The crap that comes out of his mouth lol he actually gets payed for this! Its called strength in depth with added competition for 1st spots jamie, pretty sure all the big clubs are doing it these days

Jamie Redknapp, the highlight of his career was marrying a B list celeb and being the son of Harry Redknapp.

Small time player with small time mentality. At clubs like Manchester United where success is mandatory not "showing character" we have multiple top players in each position. They push each other to get the best out of themselves and others. That's why we win things. There will be plenty of games for Rashford if he's good enough.
The most memorable thing he did in his career was get left for dead by Thierry Henry. I don't know why these no mark players get such high profile punditry jobs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's mot starting every game.

The whole natural position is overplayed. People may see it differently but even at youth level, Rashford play forward similar to to Yeovil game. Go wide plenty. It's different than a wide forward in other game but not exactly strange position. He clearly isn't mature enough to nail the starting spot as main central forward for us, but the risk is still high elsewhere. I meant look at it this way: We're not best supplying him, but we're still strong and try to win games. Many smaller teams lack all kind of creativity and quality, and most importantly the will to win game. You can say Rashford may have more optimal environment with more creativity in our team, but you can't expect him to lead the line for when some aspects of his game need much development which incontrary to the myth about lesser teams being willing to give potential player plenty of chances.

Edit: there is a prime example of a former City youth player who used to be compared to Rashford, moved to Leicester and now can't even get enough sub appearance
Meant to say he's featured heavily this season.

And I don't think the natural position angle is overplayed in this situation. Not when our wide players hold a lot of defensive responsibility. You don't magically become better at leading the line by playing as a hybrid winger/fullback.

In a world where rich clubs aren't forced to develop their own players instead of poaching from other clubs, the onus isn't on is to start Rashford to our detriment. However with Sanchez coming on board, Rashford is well within his rights to wonder about his role and development going forward.

We're talking about bringing Periera (sp?) back. The chatter around him wouldn't be this prevalent if he spent the entire season at United on the bench, instead of featuring prominently for Valencia. Playing time in the right role matters.

None of what I said should be used to validate Redknapp's points. He's an idiot.

Coops73

I used to find Redknapp a bit of a no mark, his punditry was pretty staid and inoffensive but others have come along and I guess he feels he needs to up his game but he’s missing the point and just talking bollocks for the sake of it lately.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This guy get's paid good money for this nonsense. Unbelievable..

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Jamie Redknapp is comfortably the worst pundits out there.

VVD would single handedly fix the Liverpool defence, Arsenal could have bought Kante (a month after Kante said he had choices but wanted Conte) and this.

Fecking lemon.

Loon

:lol:
He always blathers, as evinced by the infamous Carra eye roll, but he’s also incredibly obvious with his media training: “That’s why they play them, don’t they, Alan?” (cue Alan)

Toad

Pexbo has advised Louise Redknapp to go and play elsewhere following Sky's signing of Kelly Cates.

The Redcafe poster admitted he feels "sorry" for the halfwit who will inevitably find punditry harder to come by as a direct result of the scot joining the ranks at the O2 Studios.

Sky beat BT to the punch to land Cates last year, parting company with simpleton Niall Quinn in the process.

"I just feel for people like Jamie Redknapp. They go down the pecking order and he's probably thinking what trousers do I fit in now?, said Pexbo.

"Part of Sky is having these pundits but I just feel sorry when someone like Jamie Redknapp is going to be thinking 'this is another pathway blocked for me.'

"Louise might have to go in the end. It doesn't help your confidence. Every time you are thinking? fecking hell is that bloke my husband?".

"She probably needs to go and play somewhere else."

"It is a shame but modern day football punditry really isn't so hard for young British pundits to get opportunities and yet he continually fecks it up."

ti vu

Meant to say he's featured heavily this season.

And I don't think the natural position angle is overplayed in this situation. Not when our wide players hold a lot of defensive responsibility. You don't magically become better at leading the line by playing as a hybrid winger/fullback.

In a world where rich clubs aren't forced to develop their own players instead of poaching from other clubs, the onus isn't on is to start Rashford to our detriment. However with Sanchez coming on board, Rashford is well within his rights to wonder about his role and development going forward.

We're talking about bringing Periera (sp?) back. The chatter around him wouldn't be this prevalent if he spent the entire season at United on the bench, instead of featuring prominently for Valencia. Playing time in the right role matters.

None of what I said should be used to validate Redknapp's points. He's an idiot.
You need to look it from different angle. For example, RVP was developed mostly as wide forward at Arsenal and Netherland NT. Then he was plagued with injuries year after year. He was at one time had less gametime as CF than Bendner and Adebayor, yet in the end he still reached his peak which usurped Rooney who still boasted quite great goal involvement stats at the time. There is alot more than 90+minutes every 3 days in player development. There is a lot to learn off the pitch and while Alexis may affect his gametime, Rashford can learn from him. There is no certain way to develop every player, but it's sure is too early for Rashford to have that kind of ego to be the top dog in the team.

Last edited:

extincti fugax hominum

More like Jamie Redknapp needs to shut the feck up and get a clue on what he is talking about cause he doesn't have one. "Feeling sorry" for Rashford my arse. He is feeling sorry because United added great quality to their attack and he feels the need to be a shit-stirrer.

I hope Jose continues to put him and the likes of Souness, Thompson etc. to their places like he did in his second Chelsea stint 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Revaulx

Pexbo has advised Louise Redknapp to go and play elsewhere following Sky's signing of Kelly Cates.

The Redcafe poster admitted he feels "sorry" for the halfwit who will inevitably find punditry harder to come by as a direct result of the scot joining the ranks at the O2 Studios.

Sky beat BT to the punch to land Cates last year, parting company with simpleton Niall Quinn in the process.

"I just feel for people like Jamie Redknapp. They go down the pecking order and he's probably thinking what trousers do I fit in now?, said Pexbo.

"Part of Sky is having these pundits but I just feel sorry when someone like Jamie Redknapp is going to be thinking 'this is another pathway blocked for me.'

"Louise might have to go in the end. It doesn't help your confidence. Every time you are thinking? fecking hell is that bloke my husband?".

"It is a shame but modern day football punditry really isn't so hard for young British pundits to get opportunities and yet he continually fecks it up."
I suppose I really shouldn't be wasting precious limited newbie posts on smileys, but

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. Why was it never going to be an issue when Sanchez went to City??

2. Who is Laporte going to replace at City??

3. What's going to happen to Welbeck (always injured anyway but still) and Lacazette when Aubameyang joins Arsenal?

4. Who's Moura going to replace at Spurs if he goes there?

I don't understand why Sanchez going to United is such a big deal for everyone. They really are salty over this move.

Brightonian

Firstly, feck off Jamie.

Secondly, Rashford's played loads this season. Slipped out of the side a little recently because his dip in form coincided with Lingard's lovely goalscoring run. But when he's back on form he'll get back in the team somewhere, no doubt. Mourinho loves him.

Thirdly, Lingard is living proof that patience does pay off in football. Neither his fans nor his critics could have predicted that he'd end up a first-names-on-the-teamsheet fixture and second highest scorer for us this season. And yet Redknapp would advise the even more gifted Rashford to scarper the second there's some competition for places?

Fourthly, on Sanchez' debut, Rashford scored. Doesn't seem to be doing him much harm yet.

FIFTHLY, sounds like Ibra might be off at some point. Certainly there's an acknowledgement that he's probably not going to be up to doing much for us this season. That makes Rashford #2 centre forward behind Lukaku, who is obviously going to play a lot but not an immovable fixture by any means.

I could go on...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Not sure why anyone is claiming to use the minutes Rashford has a way of proving Redknapp wrong.

The point Redknapp is making is that Sanchez will most likely be picked ahead of him and thus reducing the amount of minutes on the pitch. A fair assessment imo. Sanchez should be one of the first names on the team sheet assuming he's in form and fit. That's one less position that Rashford can aim for. With Lukaku/Sanchez always being picked, it means Rashford is competing for the other 2 starting spots.

Greck

Won't be surprised if it's one of these pundits telling Rashford to play a more egocentric game. It's nice that they root for him to succeed but the depths they'd go to see him play is amazing. Slam Martial, Jose and now tell him to leave the club

ChaddyP

i dont understand what Redknapp is saying. We swapped one player for a next and now that means Rashford wont get game time?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You need to look it from different angle. For example RVP was developed mostly as wide forward at Arsenal and Netherland NT. Then he was plagued with injuries years after years. He was at one time had less gametime as CF than Bendner and Adeboyor, yet in the end he still reached his peak which usurped Rooney who still quite great goal involvement stats. There is alot more than 90+minutes every 3 days in player development. There is a lot to learn and while Alexis may affect his gametime, Rashford can learn from him. There is no certain way to develop every player, but it's sure is too early for Rashford to have that kind of ego to be the top dog in the team.
Good points you've made, and I agree that there isn't just one way to develop a player.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Pexy said:

:lol: This reads like a very public attempt at seducing Louise Pexbo Redknapp.

mav_9me

Not sure why anyone is claiming to use the minutes Rashford has a way of proving Redknapp wrong.

The point Redknapp is making is that Sanchez will most likely be picked ahead of him and thus reducing the amount of minutes on the pitch. A fair assessment imo. Sanchez should be one of the first names on the team sheet assuming he's in form and fit. That's one less position that Rashford can aim for. With Lukaku/Sanchez always being picked, it means Rashford is competing for the other 2 starting spots.
I take your point that its harder for Rashford to compete against Sanchez than Mkhitaryan but I would take working with, learning from and competing against Sanchez any day over Mkhitaryan and any other lower team.

JK-27

Just another example of an old player trying to stay 'relevant' by spouting controversial crap based on no facts or real intelligence what-so-ever.

Like his dad, he's full of shite.

Tapori

Actually the highlights of his career were:
  • Having the piss taken out of his woeful cross/shot by Rene Higuita.
  • Dressing like an absolute bellend at Wembley for an FA Cup final that they subsequently lost.
  • Being made captain of Southampton by his dad. Subsequently getting relegated.
Didn't Henry also rip him with a joke analysis of Henry skinning him in a match?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
No wonder Pexbo left him for Louise.

davidmichael

Jose has basically said today that Zlatan can leave so why on earth would Rashford need to leave United ? Sounds like Redknapp is extremely bitter about Liverpool losing their best player and us getting a top 5 in the league player.

I think Jose is now looking at Rashford playing as central striker and in rotation or currently more as back up to Lukaku whilst Sanchez, Martial, Lingard, Mata (if he stays) and IF we sign a right sided forward (Bale ?) or Ozil would be used behind the central striker.

Sanchez can play ANYWHERE in the furthest 4 positions, Martial is a left sided forward who can play centrally, Lukaku is an out and out striker, Lingard is a 10/support striker or right sided forward and Mata plays as a 10 or on the right but I’d say only Sanchez is nailed on to start.

jungledrums

Let’s not forget we have the same depth as we had a month ago. We gained Sanchez and lost Mkhitaryan. Sure, Mkhitaryan had lost his starting spot, but it doesn’t change the fact that Rashford still had the same number of competitors for starting spots.

Rashford wouldn’t have started if we didn’t sign Sanchez, and he won’t start now, assuming his form doesn’t pick up. Nor fecking should he though, he’s young and still developing.

Morpheus 7

Jamie tight trousers should shut his mouth. These so called pundit's should actually watch united, at the very least get lazy stats. I'm sick of this nonsense now, ABU agenda.

Redforever<3

He might have to leave in the end but game time wouldn't have been the issue.

This season has highlighted his weakneses and I hope with the ramaining time of this and the season ahead of us he can correct them to a reasonable degree, else he walks the plank. Well, not literally but we do have a bad habbit od keeping players for too long.
It's laughable really.

One would think at least some of you would learn, if only by seeing what is right in front of your noses with Lingard's emphatic blossoming, and yet these same tired old fatuities do their proud rounds year after year.

Rashford's hardly had some handful of bad games since an extremely promising early season start, and already there is talk about the plank. It's worse than laughable. It's tragic.