Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

Chipper

Adulterer.
1. Why was it never going to be an issue when Sanchez went to City??
It kind of was. Not necessarilly from Redknapp but there was plenty of chatter regarding what it meant for Sterling. He had (still has I think?) stalled on opening contract negotiations, and a potential Sanchez move to City was part of the conversation regarding whether he might/should renew or not.

Terry Apogee

Crap pundit. He can't even pretend to hide his hatred for United. No wonder his missus left him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Rashford is Jose's prized possession; he works hard, has pace to run the channels, he has a good mentality, good goal output.

Rashford was trusted against Man City (and scored), he was played ahead of Zlatan last season against Chelsea.

NecssryEvil

I can only imagine he is thinking to himself that maybe he can get Rashford to think maybe there is a better place for him. AND, that maybe that place is Liverpool. Otherwise, this was just jibber jabber to fill time (obviously, most likely scenario).

What ever happened to learning your craft and earning your spot? The kid is good, has the potential to be great and, imho, is exactly where he should be.

van Nistelrooy

Rashford had been on the bench for weeks prior to the acquisition of Alexis and deservedly so.

Hasn't had a great season and needs to have some of the goal scoring burden taken off his shoulders. He will benefit from playing with the quality of Alexis and is less likely to suffer burnout, which is what he has been heading towards.

KanieKaned

He needs to understand top clubs have tons of depth. With that the players within these clubs also have immense ambition and enjoy the competition for places. I highly doubt Rashford given his age is very worried he will never play again. He will fight for his place in the starting lineup and if he is in better form he will get his chance and if he takes it then there are no problems. Thats how he broke into the squad and now that he is going through some poor form he doesn't start. Its very simple but Jamie is just a little too simple to grasp such a concept.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I said this before the start of the season.

Martial and Lukaku are far better than Rashford, without being much older.

Needham

Ordinarily, I wouldn't agree. But coming from a man with Manchester United's interest seared into his heart I think we should all give this idea some serious consideration.

TsuWave

this doesn't even make sense, not many top clubs in england are giving chances to the likes of marcus rashford. at 20 he's already a very important player for manchester united and very much involved and understood to be the future, he plays quite regularly and he's trusted by the manager. why should/would he want to leave? :confused:

i'm so confused

cyril C

The 1st player that Sanchez would have threatened is Ibra, because we have another backup striker. The 2nd player that could be threatened is Mata, considering the form of Lingard and Martial, and Sanchez can easily replace Mata on experience, assists, and goals, and with more pace i.e. play him on the right. The one that would threaten Rashford is himself, if he doesn't learn and progress.

Besides, why do players move on loan - in order to have more game time. If Rashford is already starting 20 games a season plus loads of sub appearance, why does he need to move? If you can't learn at 20 games then you are not learning at 40 games neither.

Antonedwin

i agree, rashford needs to leave if his footballing brain didn't improve and keep making wrong decision on pitch

RooneyLegend

Wouldn't mind him going to Spain on a loan. He'd tear those defenders apart with his pace and get much needed game time up top.

Hughes35

These pundits *Sigh*...... If we play Rashford every game and he has a dip in form we're burning out a youngster and he's not properly managed, if we play them regularly but not every game they need to leave. The papers love a sob story.

I think Mou is managing Rashford perfectly, he's played plenty of football without burning out and is also kept hungry by the competition. Has there been any stories or quotes from Rashford himself saying he's not happy with playing time?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Jose hates him.

Pundits like Redknapp are the scourge of modern football. If they were so smart, go take up coaching and show these managers you're criticising every week how it's done.

Wilt

Son of 'arry, ex Liverpool, writes for the Mail....

Lentwood

Sky for me now is at a crossroads. They have some genuinely decent pundits who offer good analysis (Neville/Carragher)and a few who are basically walking click bait

I get that not everyone wants a 45-minute insight into the runs made by the wingbacks but eventually fans of all clubs will be put off by the absolute drivel that comes out of the likes of Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Redknapp.

They need to decide are we a proper footballing broadcaster or are we TVs answer to GiveMeSport

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jamie Redknapp, professional balloon. :houllier:

Pacificgi

Redknapp hasnt really said much wrong there. Rashford will get fewer chances because of sanchez signing and lingards amazing run of form.

Rashfords not been at it for a while. To get the best out of him and give him confidence he needs a regular run of games which isnt going to happen for him at the moment. Problem is hes too good to loan out because we will need him.

Disagree completely about thats him relating rashfords case to british players not getting as many opportunities. Its because hes british hes played in every game if anything. Martial didnt even come off the bench in some games this season

SoCross

Please you guys, I don't like you all calling our future manager an idiot or a WUM. Respect the man and his opinions :rolleyes:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m not overly worried about Rashford paying any attention to anything Jamie Redknapp says.

Who Loves ya Bebe

Redknapp is a clown, his own career was pretty pap, and will only be remembered for that stupid white suit, or being bum-chums with Corden!

Rashford should relish the fact Alexis is at Utd, a chance to learn from him. Competition for places is what makes the squad improve, im sure Marcus will roll up his sleeves and push on to get in the team, if he doesnt, then he is Utd material.

GBBQ

Absolute nonsense. No path is closed and Sanchez can play in any of the 4 attacking positions. If Rashford can maintain form it could equally be Lingard or martial losing out. Ultimately though we are fighting on 3 fronts and will need all these players to contribute and the subs to step up and take their chances too.

TypeR

Jamie Redknapp's logic is even more flawed because we didn't actually add anyone to the squad. It was a swap deal, one attacker for another.
My first instinct, beaten to it by Sigma. Would someone kindly point this out to Jamie, please? :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
ex-Liverpool man wants United to lose it's most promising young player. Sounds legit.

Does the same article get written if City sign Sanchez, and he "blocks the pathway" of one of Jesus, Sane or Sterling?

Of course it doesn't.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Of course that i don't agree with jaime and no way i want rash to go but from rashfords pespective; what is his future in united? To be 12th player.
Yes season is long, you can't play every match with best 11, etc... but the truth is that every coach has his first 11 which will start most of games. Especially big games. So his positions are lw and striker. He can play rw but even mourinho avoids to play him there. Lukaku is by far first option on striker, he is 24-25 years old and will play there for years.
So his future is to fight with martial for that lw spot. And now you have sanchez there also. When you look at it like this then it is not promising for him.

Murray3007

Think a loan for Rashford would be a good move, Newcastle would be a decent fit at the moment would get lots of game time as a striker, see his long term future here cant see why at 19/20 he would want to leave a man utd if honest.