Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Can this tosser shut up already?
The bottom line is that Zlatan is pretty much gone, so we've replaced him with Sanchez. Which leaves Rashford in the exact same situation he's been in for 18 months.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

'dropped down the pecking order' - he came off the bench before Martial as second sub (first attacking sub) v Huddersfield.

League games pre-Alexis

Southampton (h) - 1st sub, 1st attacking sub
Everton (a) - 1st sub, 1st attacking sub
Stoke (h) - 1st sub, 1st attacking sub
Burnley (a) - 2nd sub, 1st attacking sub

League games post-Alexis

Spurs (a) - unused sub (would have been subbed on if not for Fellaini's injury)
Huddersfield (h) - 2nd sub, 1st attacking sub

No real change. Granted, there hasn't been many games played since we've signed Alexis... which is why it is so fecking stupid for Redknapp to keep yabbering on about it.

vangagal

He compare Sanchez's situation to his situation when he first came to Anfield. There's nothing to point up from his column there, he failed to pointed that Sanchez brought in in expand of Mkhi which made it even in term of personel.
He failed to mention that Rashford is the most capped player this season.
He not even making a case in terms of tactic hindsight why Sanchez got pick first, just telling a story about wage and fee.
Is that the best columnist Sky can offer?

Josep Dowling

Where was the same article for City buying Laporte which basically removes Stones from their first 11?

They just can’t seem to quit with United can they. And anyway if Rashford was good enough we would not be trying to buy better players. Fact is he has been involved with more games this season than any other United player.

Camilo

I actually agree with him... Maybe not right away - he is obviously young and has obviously been playing plenty - but IF Sanchez starts to eat into those minutes, and IF we sign another attacker in the summer (which, after what Jose has said, is guaranteed) we have to be thinking about it. Players don't develop if they're not playing, and sooner rather than later he has to be starting every week and being the main man. Is that going to happen from the bench? Was it looking like happening anyway?

I think he'll be gone in 18 months, but I think hope/think he'll be back a couple of years after that, if he proves himself good enough. Lets be honest - he's not been great this year... Is he a striker or a wide attacker? Are we going to find out while he stays here?

Antonedwin

I actually agree with him... Maybe not right away - he is obviously young and has obviously been playing plenty - but IF Sanchez starts to eat into those minutes, and IF we sign another attacker in the summer (which, after what Jose has said, is guaranteed) we have to be thinking about it. Players don't develop if they're not playing, and sooner rather than later he has to be starting every week and being the main man. Is that going to happen from the bench? Was it looking like happening anyway?

I think he'll be gone in 18 months, but I think hope/think he'll be back a couple of years after that, if he proves himself good enough. Lets be honest - he's not been great this year... Is he a striker or a wide attacker? Are we going to find out while he stays here?
If you are good enough you are old enough. For example Nobody going to bench mbappe whenever he went nowadays

The problem is , rashford isn't good enough to start week in week out , we arent rashford fc or youngsters fc
So everything back to him to prove himself

Cliche Guevara

Maybe wait more than two games and see what happens, before starting to worry or suggest Rashford needs to leave?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Well if a young player is going to take career development advice from a former pro, there are few more qualified to give it than 1995 league cup winner Jamie Redknapp.

Damien

Staff

Quote? Last thing I remember Jose saying was that making a signing in a position now would mean that we wouldn't be looking for that position in the summer. Priority now seems to be two midfielders to replace Carrick and Fellaini.

Alexis has replaced Mkhitaryan's position in the squad (or, what Mourinho thought Mkhitaryan would be in the first place which is a first Xi player).

I see Alexis as more or less direct competition to Martial's place in the team. Rashford still has an avenue into the team on the right wing. He just needs to take his chances off the bench like Martial did earlier in the season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jammy bastard speaks again. He gets paid to talk shit and to stir up controversies. Quite a life He's living, just ignore it.

gajender

Quote? Last thing I remember Jose saying was that making a signing in a position now would mean that we wouldn't be looking for that position in the summer. Priority now seems to be two midfielders to replace Carrick and Fellaini.

Alexis has replaced Mkhitaryan's position in the squad (or, what Mourinho thought Mkhitaryan would be in the first place which is a first Xi player). Only thing is, Alexis is playing mostly on the left but Rashford didn't play on the left that much anyway.

I see Alexis as more or less direct competition to Martial's place in the team. Rashford still has an avenue into the team on the right wing. He just needs to take his chances off the bench like Martial did earlier in the season.
I believe Rashford has played primarily on the left this season and if United don't bring in another attacker in the summer and continue with Sanchez on the left , then Rashford would probably compete with Martial for the position on right and occasionally filling in for Lukaku.

Damien

Staff
I believe Rashford has played primarily on the left this season and if United don't bring in another attacker in the summer and continue with Sanchez on the left , then Rashford would probably compete with Martial for the position on right and occasionally filling in for Lukaku.
Ah, yeah. Ignore that. Rashford and Martial rotated on the left to begin with then when Martial became first choice Rashford was the sub for that position. I agree with the rest of your post.

minoo-utd

Not to leave surely, he still needs to improve alot though. I'd rather picking him for the cup games only for now.

POF

It's amazing how long Redknapp has lasted in his Sky pundit role when he has literally nothing insightful to add about anything.

He just seemed to get his timing really right. He was the inoffensive pretty boy when the Keys and Gray scandal hit and pre-dates the attempt to up their punditry game with Neville and Carragher.

Harry's kid, bangs the anti-Jose pro-Englander drum. Fair play to him. He's obviously made a really good post-football career out of something he has zero talent for. That deserves respect.

Hitchez

I haven't read the article but I wouldn't have it's controversial to suggest Rashford has dropped down the pecking order. He has. But to go from that and suggest Rashford should leave is just him being a typical scouse bellend.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
In fairness, I do think Rashford should leave on loan. I assume his long term aim is to be a Centre Forward, and Sanchez signing does block his path for that. Personally think it'll be better for his development long term to play up top for a poorer side over the next year or so than to be shunted out wide for a couple of years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In fairness, I do think Rashford should leave on loan. I assume his long term aim is to be a Centre Forward, and Sanchez signing does block his path for that. Personally think it'll be better for his development long term to play up top for a poorer side over the next year or so than to be shunted out wide for a couple of years.
How many 20 year olds are playing up front in starting XI?
It's quite normal for forwards to start on the wing and Rashford wasn't even a CF at youth level.
The idea that he should go on loan is silly. He's played more games than anyone in the squad this season.
Also, how does Sanchez block his path to being a CF?

GM K

So Rashford who has played in almost every game for us this season and who only recently started playing from the bench due to a dip in form and Martial's performances, should suddenly leave?

Football pundits baffle me.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why are some posters offended? Pundits are required to get some controversy going.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
'dropped down the pecking order' - he came off the bench before Martial as second sub (first attacking sub) v Huddersfield.

League games pre-Alexis

Southampton (h) - 1st sub, 1st attacking sub
Everton (a) - 1st sub, 1st attacking sub
Stoke (h) - 1st sub, 1st attacking sub
Burnley (a) - 2nd sub, 1st attacking sub

League games post-Alexis

Spurs (a) - unused sub (would have been subbed on if not for Fellaini's injury)
Huddersfield (h) - 2nd sub, 1st attacking sub

No real change. Granted, there hasn't been many games played since we've signed Alexis... which is why it is so fecking stupid for Redknapp to keep yabbering on about it.
Those pricks never do a minimum of research before stating what their biased brains have on the grill.
It is ridiculous and unprofessional considering where they work and the information they have access to.

simplyared

He did also say this:

”Mourinho has said Sanchez can be an inspiration to Rashford but I don't think that's what he needs right now. We're talking about an established England international. There is only one way to learn, and it's not by sitting next to someone in the dressing room, it's by playing in the team.”

We keep hearing about how a non-participating Zlatan is good to have around as he can be a mentor for Rashford. Now it’s Sanchez turn to be an inspiration to him. What a load of bullshit! So in that respect Rednapp is spot on!

Facts are Rashford’s situation is a difficult one and not easily solved especially after the arrival of Sanchez. So why should the caf go into a meltdown just because a pundit goes out and says he may have to play his football elsewhere? It’s not as if coming to that conclusion is rocket science exactly. Would hate to see that happen myself but you certainly cannot ignore it. Maybe it’s because the pundit was a Liverpool player or he just touched on a nerve. However one thing is for sure Rashford’s situation needs sorting out pretty quick!

Vagene

Jammy bastard speaks again. He gets paid to talk shit and to stir up controversies. Quite a life He's living, just ignore it.
Not really, his wife has just left him for a strictly dancer, probably due to all the bollock he keeps spouting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He did also say this:

”Mourinho has said Sanchez can be an inspiration to Rashford but I don't think that's what he needs right now. We're talking about an established England international. There is only one way to learn, and it's not by sitting next to someone in the dressing room, it's by playing in the team.”

We keep hearing about how a non-participating Zlatan is good to have around as he can be a mentor for Rashford. Now it’s Sanchez turn to be an inspiration to him. What a load of bullshit! So in that respect Rednapp is spot on!

Facts are Rashford’s situation is a difficult one and not easily solved especially after the arrival of Sanchez. So why should the caf go into a meltdown just because a pundit goes out and says he may have to play his football elsewhere? It’s not as if coming to that conclusion is rocket science exactly. Would hate to see that happen myself but you certainly cannot ignore it. Maybe it’s because the pundit was a Liverpool player or he just touched on a nerve. However one thing is for sure Rashford’s situation needs sorting out pretty quick!
What situation?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
How many 20 year olds are playing up front in starting XI?
It's quite normal for forwards to start on the wing and Rashford wasn't even a CF at youth level.
The idea that he should go on loan is silly. He's played more games than anyone in the squad this season.
Also, how does Sanchez block his path to being a CF?
For a top team? Very few. How many of those CF's at a top team played CF when they were 20? A lot. Sanchez will probably be the back up striker if Lukaku is out in my opinion.

POF

He did also say this:

You're right. Instead of playing every game for Manchester United who are 2nd in the league and in the knockout stages in the Champions League, he'd be better off getting more minutes at Huddersfield.

simplyared

What situation?
Last 5 PL apps:
Huddersfield 20 mins
Spurs 0 mins
Burnley 11 mins
Stoke 11 mins
Everton 13 mins
Trend's more important than looking (as so many do) at the season as a whole.
We have a manager who is reluctant to playing him in a striker role even when our top striker is not scoring goals.
Already at 20 yrs he’s made 15 apps for his country. Time will come he won’t (and shouldn’t) accept not starting games.