Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

Sigma

Jamie Redknapp has advised Marcus Rashford to go and play football elsewhere following Manchester United's signing of Alexis Sanchez.

The former Liverpool and Tottenham midfielder admitted he feels "sorry" for the youngster who will inevitably find first team football harder to come by as a direct result of the Chilean joining the ranks at Old Trafford.

United beat Manchester City to the punch to land Sanchez this January, parting company with Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the process.

He made his debut for the Red Devils in their 4-0 win over Yeovil in the FA Cup fourth round on Friday, before being replaced by Jesse Lingard on 70 minutes.

"I just feel for people like Marcus Rashford. They go down the pecking order and he's probably thinking where do I fit in now, said Redknapp.

"Part of the Premier League is having these players but I just feel sorry when someone like Marcus Rashford is going to be thinking 'this is another pathway blocked for me.'

"He might have to go in the end. It doesn't help your confidence. Every time you are training you think 'I'm not going to play on Saturday'.

"He probably needs to go and play football somewhere.

"It is a shame but that's modern day football and that's why it's so hard for young British players to get opportunities."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-redknapp-fears-marcus-rashford-11933967

Seriously, he gets paid to talk shit like this :houllier:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Only player to have played in every game and played more mins than Martial, Mata.

I don't understand why these pundits don't talk this crap when other big teams sign players for big money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Radford is the only player to feature in every game.
People need to call him in his BS.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Don't sign anyone for competition: These English lads are becoming more arrogant and less dedicated to hard work. They know there's no competition for their places so they're just going through the motions.

Sign players for competition: Poor English lads, they know they'll never get a chance to play again, they should move elsewhere where there's no competition for their places.

If you're good enough, you'll play. End of.

Tapori

Marcus Rashford has played 1,309 minutes of the PL this season.
He is the ninth-most played player in our PL games this season.
The other players?

1. David de Gea Manchester United
Spain
2. Nemanja Matic Manchester United
Serbia
3. Romelu Lukaku Manchester United
Belgium
4. Antonio Valencia Manchester United
Ecuador
5. Phil Jones Manchester United
England
6. Ashley Young Manchester United
England
7. Chris Smalling Manchester United
England
8. Juan Mata Manchester United
Spain

The Absolute ridiculousness of this.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
feck off Redknapp. Rashford has got plenty of game time this season and last season under Jose. Talking utter rubbish once again.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Hasn't Rashford played the most games for us this season?
I believe so. At worst he's been a useful squad player for us this season, and that's before we even consider the fact that he's still only 20 and likely to keep on improving so long as he works hard and continues to play.

Even if Sanchez's arrival dents the likelihood of Rashford featuring as often, he'll still get plenty of playing time. We're in three competitions, he's able to play in a variety of positions, and could easily replace someone who's injured etc. No need for him to leave.

youngrell

As others have pointed out, Rashford is the only player to have featured in every game so far this season. This despite not having a very good season.

I'm not sure how these pundits actually get paid for trotting out cliche lines without looking at the facts first. Like Keown on Friday banging on about Shaw not getting in the team.

Sigma

I believe so. At worst he's been a useful squad player for us this season, and that's before we even consider the fact that he's still only 20 and likely to keep on improving so long as he works hard and continues to play.

Even if Sanchez's arrival dents the likelihood of Rashford featuring as often, he'll still get plenty of playing time. We're in three competitions, he's able to play in a variety of positions, and could easily replace someone who's injured etc. No need for him to leave.
Jamie Redknapp's logic is even more flawed because we didn't actually add anyone to the squad. It was a swap deal, one attacker for another.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Jamie Redknapp's logic is even more flawed because we didn't actually add anyone to the squad. It was a swap deal, one attacker for another.
Indeed.:lol:

Not as if the player we swapped him for was rotting on the bench or anything either.

Denis' cuff

This prat never has anything worthwhile to say, so occasionally comes up with an attention grabber. Awful, pointless pundit.

SteveTheRed

Bullshit from Jamie Redknapp, not every player has the same ambition as he did as a player.He seems to dismiss the whole idea that competition makes you a better player, what kind of message does it send if you move clubs as soon as they sign someone who might threaten your position?

If Rashford listened to Redknapps advice, he would move to Everton or Southampton as he'd get game time, play for England in the summer...

RedTiger

Half mast
Jamie don't know shit. Marcus is a long term striker option not a bloody winger, once Zlatan leaves it will allow Marcus ample opportunities in the front position and back-up for the flanks.

Marcus is also younger than Jamie was when he was making regular appearances for Liverpool so I'm sure Marcus isn't too fussed.

FujiVice

It's Jamie Redknapp. Nothing that comes out of is mouth is ever correct. Every fan in the country thinks he's shit.

King.of.Red

Jose wont care with moron like this jamie and will know what's best for Rashford. And hopefully Rashford will see the arrival of Sanchez is great opportunity to challenge himself to become top Man United player.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

RedBrickWall

No wonder his wife left him if all that comes out of his mouth is bollocks like this.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Only featured in 89 of Jose's 100 games. Just a mere 36/36 appearances this season. Clearly not wanted by the manager and these numbers back it up. Jose ruining another attacker.

littlepeasoup

Rashford has already made more appearances this season than Redknapp did in his equivalent season at Liverpool, and he stayed for a sodding decade.

Cheek.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Only featured in 89 of Jose's 100 games. Just a mere 36/36 appearances this season. Clearly not wanted by the manager and these numbers back it up. Jose ruining another attacker.
:lol: That's despite him being largely quite poor this season, too. He's one of only a very, very few players in our squad Jose doesn't exile for ages after playing poorly.

ScarleyUtd

Ah yes, Sanchez, who's 29, will be there forever huh Jamie? And Rashford will learn more about the game by moving to where?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very lucky to have the job he has because he is a very poor pundit. Really lacks knowledge about football. Very biased as well.

Luis DC

Supports
Universidad de Chile
Jose wont care with moron like this jamie and will know what's best for Rashford. And hopefully Rashford will see the arrival of Sanchez is great opportunity to challenge himself to become top Man United player.
In fact, I saw some reports that Sanchez will be between Rashford and Lingard in order to guide them and help them. Is that or a subtle attempt to prevent those two from practising weird handshakes or dances.

Pace Abuser

Not only has Rashford featured more than any other attacker bar Lukaku. Sanchez has replaced Mkhi and isn't bloating the attacking options more than they already were, but Ibra is injured/leaving giving Raahford the opportunities in abundance.

Awful journalism.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Hasn't Rashford played the most games for us this season?
Yes, I believe so.
But despite this, apparently J.Redknapp feels that Rashford needs to move, to play even more games.

JR needs to realise that at any top club, there is going to be competition for places. And any young player who aspires to be at a top club, will need to learn how to compete for playing time.
In any case, Jose is ensuring that even when Rashford plays badly, that he continues to get game time.
As long as Rashford keeps improving and training hard, he will continue to get game time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pexbo has advised Louise Redknapp to go and play elsewhere following Sky's signing of Kelly Cates.

The Redcafe poster admitted he feels "sorry" for the halfwit who will inevitably find punditry harder to come by as a direct result of the scot joining the ranks at the O2 Studios.

Sky beat BT to the punch to land Cates last year, parting company with simpleton Niall Quinn in the process.

"I just feel for people like Jamie Redknapp. They go down the pecking order and he's probably thinking what trousers do I fit in now?, said Pexbo.

"Part of Sky is having these pundits but I just feel sorry when someone like Jamie Redknapp is going to be thinking 'this is another pathway blocked for me.'

"Louise might have to go in the end. It doesn't help your confidence. Every time you are thinking? fecking hell is that bloke my husband?".

"She probably needs to go and play somewhere else."

"It is a shame but modern day football punditry really isn't so hard for young British pundits to get opportunities and yet he continually fecks it up."