Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Top professional football organisation unaware of the full extent/future risks of Rashfords initial injury? Not a chance in hell that's likely. He was pictured carrying a bone healing device multiple times, so everyone was fully aware of his injury. Ole included.

Ole is meant to be protecting his players future well-being irrespective of the circumstances. They are meant to be able to trust him after all.

He decided to risk Rashfords future (who knows what problems this may cause him in the future, back problems are no joke) for his short term gain. It's highly irresponsible of him. He deserves all the criticism for his handling of Rashford and others too.
Of course if he has in fact done that, but I see no evidence just angry people. For me to believe Ole personally has made a decision to go against the advice of multiple medical people and everyone else at the club and force Rashford to play despite him carrying an injury that potentially could ruin his career if he is played, that is insane. Which is what people are saying. If that is true, it's a big fecking deal. I need proof though before I lose my mind for no reason. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm glad someone actually said this publicly.
Maguire is playing with a small muscle tear. I'm not a medical professional but surely it could be exacerbated with one lunge that's stretches the muscle too far?

It's Pogba, McTominay, Rashford and Maguire. All player through injury. 3 of them are severely injured. I don't even know what to say...

Paxi

Of course if he has in fact done that, but I see no evidence just angry people. For me to believe Ole personally has made a decision to go against the advice of multiple medical people and everyone else at the club and force Rashford to play despite him carrying an injury that potentially could ruining his career if he is played, that is insane. Which is what people are saying. If that is true, it's a big fecking deal. I need proof though before I lose my mind for no reason. :lol:
He said so himself. Listen to his post match comments. He has a history of doing it, he brought back Lingard too early last season. Also, the medical team will have know 100% about his back, they work at United full time and it's their job to report to the manager. They don't pick the team. They recommend whether a player is okay to play or not. I'm 1000% sure they would have let Ole know that this was a ticking time bomb. At the end of the day, I'm angry because one of our biggest, brightest talents, our top scorer has been put in harm's way by medical staff and Ole -- this is on them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That Ole put potential short term gains over Rashford's health.
Ah. Now I get it. He just put short term gain over someones health. I've done it multiple times myself, just this morning I did it twice in the shower, it really is inexcusable.

Paxi

Ah. Now I get it. He just put short term gain over someones health. I've done it multiple times myself, just this morning I did it twice in the shower, it really is inexcusable.
What on earth are you talking about? :houllier:

passing-wind

Beforehand I said it was Marcus responsibility to take his health into consideration but if we have so much information regarding the length of the symptoms of his sustained injury, then Solskjaer would have the same knowledge in abundance considering he's inside the club. What's been revealed to the public is an absolute joke.

What an absolutely disgraceful embarrassing manager.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He said so himself. Listen to his post match comments. He has a history of doing it, he brought back Lingard too early last season. Also, the medical team will have know 100% about his back, they work at United full time and it's their job to report to the manager. They don't pick the team. They recommend whether a player is okay to play or not. I'm 1000% sure they would have let Ole know that this was a ticking time bomb. At the end of the day, I'm angry because one of our biggest, brightest talents, our top scorer has been put in harm's way by medical staff and Ole -- this is on them.
Thanks for responding, I didn't see it before I made my joke. Anyhow, I think the club is to blame obviously. The context for it being that we have such a small squad that in order for us to field a proper team we have to encourage players to play through some pain if need be, which is normal just as long as it is done responsibly with the greenlight from the medical team. I think if they have done it without the green-light, ignoring their opinion that is inexcusable yes. Absolutely and if so that has to be investigated because we can't have people making such irresponsible decisions at the club. This one needs to be clarified, because this is more than just an angle to beat Ole with if it is true.

However, I don't believe it. Rashford probably had the green-light from the medical staff and made himself available to Ole, maybe under a bit of pressure. It is unlucky, but it happens. That pressure is something the club has to consider because it isn't good if Rashford made himself available when he shouldn't have. It shouldn't be up to him, it should be up to the medical team. I still blame the club for the situation that led to Rashford Injury, the inactivity in the transfer-market has been a joke.

Ole is in a position where he can't win. Literally. He can't put too much on our youth players if they aren't ready yet, to not feck with their development and it seems he can't let players play through pain. We'd barely be able to field a team if he was to try and not piss anyone off.

Denis79

What? You think everyone is just making it up?

It's all 100% true. If not they would be sued to oblivion.
If so all involved should get fired, playing with a young mans career like that.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
How does that equate to 'short term gain over someone's health' though...?

Maybe he shot one off into someone's eye or something.
He might have a masturbation addiction problem which can fall under short term gains over health. Not me though. I thrive because of post nut clarity.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Thanks for responding, I didn't see it before I made my joke. Anyhow, I think the club is to blame obviously. The context for it being that we have such a small squad that in order for us to field a proper team we have to encourage players to play through some pain if need be, which is normal just as long as it is done responsibly with the greenlight from the medical team. I think if they have done it without the green-light, ignoring their opinion that is inexcusable yes. Absolutely and if so that has to be investigated because we can't have people making such irresponsible decisions at the club. This one needs to be clarified, because this is more than just an angle to beat Ole with if it is true.

However, I don't believe it. Rashford probably had the green-light from the medical staff and made himself available to Ole, maybe under a bit of pressure. It is unlucky, but it happens. That pressure is something the club has to consider because it isn't good if Rashford made himself available when he shouldn't have. It shouldn't be up to him, it should be up to the medical team. I still blame the club for the situation that led to Rashford Injury, the inactivity in the transfer-market has been a joke.

Ole is in a position where he can't win. Literally. He can't put too much on our youth players if they aren't ready yet, to not feck with their development and it seems he can't let players play through pain. We'd barely be able to field a team if he was to try and not piss anyone off.
It seems you're missing the point completely. It's not about "playing through pain". It's about affecting a young players future career.

RVP said in the article that he suffered a similar injury, and that this type of injury stays with you forever.

Do you think it's an intelligent decision to let a 22 year old play further matches with an injury that is only going to get worse, taking injections, unable to even sit down beforehand, with a worse case scenario that it may affect his future career too? Because that is the reality.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He might have a masturbation addiction problem which can fall under short term gains over health. Not me though. I thrive because of post nut clarity.
You're not wrong. :lol: The joke was supposed to live in the unknown. Thank you so much for debunking it so brilliantly.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Right, so he's out for the season. I don't think Ole will ever be forgiven for making short-sighted decisions in Rashford's most successful season to date.
Luckily for Rashford, he won't have to try and play football for United this season again with this injury. He can use the summer to retrain properly. This is an injury that requires a substantial amount of core training and biomechanical re-training so the stress fractures don't get worse and end up giving a permanent problem that requires surgery.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It seems you're missing the point completely. It's not about "playing through pain". It's about affecting a young players future career.

RVP said in the article that he suffered a similar injury, and that this type of injury stays with you forever.

Do you think it's an intelligent decision to let a 22 year old play further matches with an injury that is only going to get worse, taking injections, unable to even sit down beforehand, with a worse case scenario that it may affect his future career too? Because that is the reality.
Where is the evidence? Surely someone will get fired if this is true. It it isn't true, I'm not missing the point because players play through pain all the time. If Rashford had the green-light from the medical team to play, then the injury that happened weren't likely to happen. I'm no back expert I don't know what happened. I've hurt my back badly before and I know how devastating it can be so I have no patience for it if someone has done something bad here. I just want solid evidence.

Rolaholic

James Ducker isn't one to simply publish bollocks for clicks especially the kind that could put him in legal and professional jeopardy...

Today's reports shine a damning light on our management and physio/medical team and it explains the pattern we've seen in regards to highly influential players playing hurt and aggravating existing injuries leading to extended time out and potential long term ramifications...

Happened with Martial, McTominay, Axel, Pogba, Rashford and now even Maguire admitted to be playing through injury, that's as clear an indictment against our handling of injuries as there is.

Jobs deserve to be lost over this sort of criminal negligence of our biggest assets tbvh

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole did say he liked his players playing through the pain barrier ,when in relation to Maguire's injury a couple of weeks back. It shows they have the right passion and mentality that aligns with the clubs former glories.

To me it shows someone who's willing to pull the wool over our eyes to hide ones arrogance and negligence.
Absolute shambles.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole did say he liked his players playing through the pain barrier ,when in relation to Maguire's injury a couple of weeks back. It shows they have the right passion and mentality that aligns with the clubs former glories.

To me it shows someone who's willing to pull the wool over our eyes to hide ones arrogance and negligence.
Absolute shambles.
Players do play with knocks here and there. But when you've come back from an injury and are an important player, the manager should have the sense to play safe and delay your return.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
That would certainly explain the '2 loads - 1 shower' scenario that he so brazenly described to us.

I also feel that the bolded text is surely a tagline in waiting for @MikeKing if anyone knows which Mods could make it so...

At the very least it'd serve as a heads up (not literally, Mike) to any innocent posters not hip to the self-pleasure lingo being bandied around them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That would certainly explain the '2 loads - 1 shower' scenario that he so brazenly described to us.

I also feel that the bolded text is surely a tagline in waiting for @MikeKing if anyone knows which Mods could make it so...

At the very least it'd serve as a heads up (not literally, Mike) to any innocent posters not hip to the self-pleasure lingo being bandied around them.
Whatever man. Short term gain over longterm health can mean anything, make up any tagline you want just don't get me involved. If you get in touch with someone that can do that sort of thing, rather than have them let people know I'm a serial wanker do get them to remove Bournemouth as my team there as people keep throwing insults towards the team and I feel nothing when they do it, I simply follow them after United. I guess I figured everyone here was a United fan when I registered.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Obviously there's a logical explanation, but we've been so unlucky for 7 years. It's just frustrating.
I feel you, brother. The club is on such a free fall that I couldn't imagine this would happen so fast.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
What has he done? Surely Rashford has to go to the doctor if he is in pain, and then inform Ole about it? I think if a player has a little bit of pain it is fine, but not if there is a risk of something happening and medical people should be the ones to calculate that risk.

Has it really been proved that medical team advised Rashford to rest due to an injury and that Ole ignored and refused? Sounds unlikely. If that didn't happen I'm not sure what people are upset about. It is sad that Rashford got injured but it happens.
The medical team are hired by Man Utd their job is to report to Man Utd on the condition of the player. It’s not as if Rashford went to a private doctor and kept the findings secret.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Whatever man. Short term gain over longterm health can mean anything, make up any tagline you want just don't get me involved. If you get in touch with someone that can do that sort of thing, rather than have them let people know I'm a serial wanker do get them to remove Bournemouth as my team there as people keep throwing insults towards the team and I feel nothing when they do it, I simply follow them after United. I guess I figured everyone here was a United fan when I registered.
I'm only teasing ya Mike ;)

But I did think you were a Bournemouth fan primarily! Can't you just change that yourself?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ok thats fine. We have no idea what was discussed by the medical team, but i can't imagine they would have left anyone in any doubt of his initial injury.

Of course they can green-light him to play, they can inject him full of pain-killers like they did, but it comes at a cost, isn't it up to the manager to protect his players?

The evidence is Rashford was played, whilst carrying a single stress fracture in his back already. An injury that was only going to get worse if played and could cause lasting damage. When Rashford went to a public event before Wolves whilst carrying the initial single stress fracture, he couldn't even sit down and had to stand for the duration as the pain was too intense.
I actually now realised I had the same type of injury and I played through it, probably for the same reason Rashford did. It got a lot worse over time and I had to go through a whole bunch if shit for a couple of years because of it. Sucks, but with medical people around you to make sure these things don't happen I find this weird. I'm not going to discuss more about it until more info comes out. It surely will.

ZenMaster Coltrane

For all those naive people out there. For things that occur on the football pitch...the buck stops with the manager. I've never seen so much energy expended to draw the fire away from completely out of his depth manager. If you can't assemble a competent team of assistants and physios, a deep enough squad...that's on you as it should be. Pogba, Rashford, Shaw, Maguire and who knows who else played through injuries in the midst of horrible squad rotation. Shambolic and shameful.

zenith

I'm generally sympathetic towards ole and want him to be given more time, but this situation is absolutely inexcusable. Being a player himself who has struggled with injuries and with him having the final call on rashford, how on earth did he show such negligence towards the health of a young player.

If anything, this IMHO is a sackable offense. I hope the media leaks continue and press roast him. He's been the only one responsible for the current lay offs of Mctominay, Pogba and rashford and at the very least should be questioned and called out on it

He'sRaldo

I'm generally sympathetic towards ole and want him to be given more time, but this situation is absolutely inexcusable. Being a player himself who has struggled with injuries and with him having the final call on rashford, how on earth did he show such negligence towards the health of a young player.

If anything, this IMHO is a sackable offense. I hope the media leaks continue and press roast him. He's been the only one responsible for the current lay offs of Mctominay, Pogba and rashford and at the very least should be questioned and called out on it
There was (and still is tbh) a lot of vitriol aimed at Pogba because people thought he's been faking. It's more likely that Ole just gave an inaccurate length of layoff, which added to the fuel when he wasn't back "in time". And then he was rushed back, reinjured, and had more vitriol and conspiracy theories aimed at him, so much so that he had to video himself pre and post operation while still drugged up, and post it on his instagram.

Like I said before I don't like piling on Ole, but I've always thought he handled that situation very poorly, as it's only served to further alienate our best player, in a period where we're starved for both numbers and quality.

Last edited: