Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I saw that too. Felt sorry for him slightly. Looked like had been caught with his trousers down.
He’s trousers have always been down... it’s just that now people are starting to look and comment

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I feel United should clear the air with official statement about Rashford. This is getting out of hand. A lot of players are uncomfortable after playing and it's nothing new that players take painkillers before match. I think a lot of journalist are using this opportunity to attack and create hostile feeling towards the club. Official response can stop fear mongering. I understand why club is reluctant as it opens Pandora box and you are forced to do it again and again but this is potentially bit too damaging.

RedCurry

Someone should get fired for this.
I've personally suffered from stress fractures in my back, on both sides. The pain you feel while sitting or walking or running is so intense that it brings tears to your eyes. But he very likely already had the stress fracture before the Norwich game. Playing those extra few minutes against Wolves are unlikely to have made the injury much worse. Playing multiple high intensity games with a stress fracture, though, could have made it much worse.

GwilDor

Seems a lot of people are looking to hold OGS solely responsible for this. The truth is surely a bit more complex though. First of all, the medical department should probably have said that he was unavailable based on the images/scans. Since they don’t do that, i can understand why OGS does include him in the squad. If however, they said that he can play, but should be rested, i see no reason why he needed to sub him on in the Wolves game.
In my opinion this is definately mostly on the medical departments shoulders. If they saw the risk ofthis, but didn’t label him unfit to play, they’re simply not doing their job.

clarkydaz

Seems a lot of people are looking to hold OGS solely responsible for this. The truth is surely a bit more complex though. First of all, the medical department should probably have said that he was unavailable based on the images/scans. Since they don’t do that, i can understand why OGS does include him in the squad. If however, they said that he can play, but should be rested, i see no reason why he needed to sub him on in the Wolves game.
In my opinion this is definately mostly on the medical departments shoulders. If they saw the risk ofthis, but didn’t label him unfit to play, they’re simply not doing their job.
Ole was saying they will try and get him ready for the Liverpool game and he is a "quick healer". That's pretty shitty knowing what he is going through regardless

Denis' cuff

Not sure if Jamie O'Hara hasn't said he was out for nine months with his injury. Have to hope that he will not need an operation on his back.
didnt know O‘hara was out that long. I suppose back injuries can be complex and persistent. Fingers crossed but the effects of this are just the thin end of the wedge. As bad as it could be, just one of many and bigger problems.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole was saying they will try and get him ready for the Liverpool game and he is a "quick healer". That's pretty shitty knowing what he is going through regardless
I genuinely don't think Ole understood or even knew how bad it was tbh. He probably just thought it was a knock
Garner does not look ready yet. He is great at his own age level, but unsurprisingly looks really timid when pushed into the first team. I presume it means we have no money to spend.
Well they're definitely more ready than Mejbri that's for sure. He looks class but it's a big step up.

Lynty

I'd have a bad back too if had to carry my team for season.

iKeano

I genuinely don't think Ole understood or even knew how bad it was tbh. He probably just thought it was a knock
If only Utd had taken him to a Dr... or had a team of medics to check him.

Olé is as culpable as them all for this shambles. Any man and his dog could see Rashford wasn't comfortable at all for a single second of his 13mins against Wolves. It's gross negligance from all involved.
Utd's current situation aside, this is a 22 year old we're talking about - a young man with a potentially career changing injury. Absolutely disgracefully handled by all at the club, but indicative of the amature hour we've become.

Okey

Easy guys, bit of perspective would be nice. I understand it's difficult because we're an utter shambles at the moment, but there's other strikers who have been as burdened as Rashford, even playing with niggles yet escaped injury. I see the 2 examples being used for prognosis here are Jamie O'Hara and RVP. I doubt their similar injuries were cos they were being played into the ground. My point? Sometimes injuries are plain bad luck. They happen. It's our response I'm more interested in, and absolutely in dread of, given the state of affairs at the top of our club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s all well and good blaming Ole but unless he has specifically ignored medical advice and overruled them to play Rashford then I don’t really think it’s fair to put any blame at his door.

If the medical team has green lighted Rashford to play then this is entirely on them. That is exactly why they are employed, if they declare him fit to play then it’s not Ole’s job to dispute that on a hunch and leave him out.

Equally if the medical staff have advised him that Rashford should be protected and rested and Ole has gone against that advice for the sake of an FA Cup 3rd round match, then Ole should be fired immediately and Rashford and United should be pursuing damages.

Regardless, there needs to be serious consequences here.

SweetRightFoot

Is this a spinal injury?

Those are really serious, could hamper him his whole career...

Kostur

海尔的老板
To anybody still trying to defend Ole here, just a reminder that it was his choice to go with 3 strikers into the season (both of whom were always going to play together most of the games, providing no proper rest to one another) when it was painfully obvious to anybody with two brain cells that they'll be run into ground, especially Rashford who's doing everything at high intensity. The injury is not coincidental, it's on Ole.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Pretty much sums the club up at the minute.

Why even bother bringing him on against Wolves when we had this massive game on Sunday?

Anyone who knows anything about the modern era knows that finishing in the top 4 means so much more than winning the FA Cup.

It's just yet another example of how we are so far behind the times compared to other 'big' clubs.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
To anybody still trying to defend Ole here, just a reminder that it was his choice to go with 3 strikers into the season (both of whom were always going to play together most of the games, providing no proper rest to one another) when it was painfully obvious to anybody with two brain cells that they'll be run into ground, especially Rashford who's doing everything at high intensity. The injury is not coincidental, it's on Ole.
It was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that he was being run into the ground towards the end of last season too.
His form was horrendous, everyone could see he badly needed a break except for the people that mattered, our clueless coaching/medical staff.

Embarrassing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Exactly. Buy one more striker and he could have been rested. This was all about Ole and not Marcus's welfare.

Verminator

It’s all well and good blaming Ole but unless he has specifically ignored medical advice and overruled them to play Rashford then I don’t really think it’s fair to put any blame at his door.

If the medical team has green lighted Rashford to play then this is entirely on them. That is exactly why they are employed, if they declare him fit to play then it’s not Ole’s job to dispute that on a hunch and leave him out.

Equally if the medical staff have advised him that Rashford should be protected and rested and Ole has gone against that advice for the sake of an FA Cup 3rd round match, then Ole should be fired immediately and Rashford and United should be pursuing damages.

Regardless, there needs to be serious consequences here.
Get with the program Pex.

Don't blame it on the sunshine.
Don't blame it on the moonlight.
Don't blame it on the good times.
Blame it all on Ole!

youngrell

Have I missed something here or is everyone just choosing to listen to the media only?

I seen OGS say that there was no injury to Rashford's back before the Wolves game only that he was fatigued and carrying a few other niggles, and it was caused from a knock to the back during the Wolves game. So why is everyone going on that he had this back injury before the Wolves game?

youmeletsfly

I don't follow our youngsters, is therr any chance of a gem in Rashford's position from our youth teams?

Betson

Why was Ole so coy about this injury before the match yesterday , in his pre match interview he gave the impression that Rashford could be back in a week or so and just a bit of rest was needed , then mid game a journalist tweets out that Rashford is out for months and post match Ole at first tries to play it down again before the interviewer gets it out of him(by referring to the mid game tweet) that it is a double stress fracture and will be out for months.

I don't see the logic in trying to hide that , it was going to get out anyway. And also who leaked to the journalist?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It blows my mind if Solskjær knew full well and took that huge risk. Is this spmething that would have happened regardless?
Yes. If it hadn't gone bad at Wolves it would have vs Liverpool or someone else. It seems clear now that he had a significant contusion or a small fracture there which worsened over time.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why was Ole so coy about this injury before the match yesterday , in his pre match interview he gave the impression that Rashford could be back in a week or so and just a bit of rest was needed , then mid game a journalist tweets out that Rashford is out for months and post match Ole at first tries to play it down again before the interviewer gets it out of him(by referring to the mid game tweet) that it is a double stress fracture and will be out for months.

I don't see the logic in trying to hide that , it was going to get out anyway. And also who leaked to the journalist?
Really? You want him to tell our opponents that Rashford is definitely out?

DomesticTadpole

Have I missed something here or is everyone just choosing to listen to the media only?

I seen OGS say that there was no injury to Rashford's back before the Wolves game only that he was fatigued and carrying a few other niggles, and it was caused from a knock to the back during the Wolves game. So why is everyone going on that he had this back injury before the Wolves game?
Think it is that he has had problems with his back previous to that game and has been seen holding his back.

youngrell

Maybe the management didn't want to put a target on Marcus' back for opponents (pun intended).

youngrell

Think it is that he has had problems with his back previous to that game and has been seen holding his back.
Aye, but if you have a problem with your leg and then an opponent breaks your leg it's not because you had a small problem with it previously.

Injuries happen, this is just another witch hunt for the club's hierarchy as far as I can see.

DomesticTadpole

Aye, but if you have a problem with your leg and then an opponent breaks your leg it's not because you had a small problem with it previously.

Injuries happen, this is just another witch hunt for the club's hierarchy as far as I can see.
Yes. Injuries do happen. Pity we are now very short in the striker department.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Logic is quite simple actually. Ole is covering the backs of the incompetent fools above him. If injuries were accurately reported the fan backlash would be enormous considering the threadbare squad we deliberately went into the season with.

"Martial back in a couple of weeks" = misses two months
"Pogba back soon" = missed almost all of the season

My guess is Rashford and McT injuries are far worse than what they have officially been reported. Heck even the current Pogba situation was "back in 3-4 weeks" which means he should be back either this or next week but I highly doubt we will be seeing him anytime soon.

RedIan

Spinal consultant i/V on sky sports reckons minimum 3 months out with this injury. Sadly looks like his season his done??