Rashford | takes on the government over free meals for kids - and wins

Withnail

Do you lot claim this bloke? I came across his twitter profile this afternoon, and I was astounded to find nothing but criticism for Rashford and United as a club. He must be trolling, surely. Or likely just a bored 15 year old.

He's still at it then?

He's well known on Twitter for this type of contrarian stuff and I've him blocked ages ago.

I think he's like one of those aging conspiracy theorists who's spent too much time in a darkened room on the internet except he's obsessed with United and the Glazers.

He's sees agendas in everything. Some of his posts are disgraceful.

Amarsdd

What do you think he is, a white old veteran? He’s made a fool out of the government, he’s more likely to be looking forward to a nasty investigation into his and his family’s private life.
tbh I'm also expecting an attempted sabotage of Rashford's image through the tabloid media with or without the government's help.

Relfy

Incredible achievement to make such a difference to so many peoples lives. A true inspiration and genuine role model for the next generation. I can't imagine how proud his mum must be knowing her son has managed to do this.

For anyone who claims that children do not deserve to be fed because of the families financial situation, please politely go and feck yourself.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Massive respect to Rashford, can almost forgive him scoring that free kick against us now ;).

In all seriousness though as someone who relied on these meals i think a lot of people are missing the point. It's not a hand out, it's not a waste of tax payers money, it's an investment. An investment that gives a child a fair chance to succeed. Many times over this investment will be repaid in taxes from those that use it as a foothold to achieve.

I'm not rich but i am contributing heavily to the system that supported me as a kid rather than letting me slip through the poverty net.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I will say it, the idea our politicians know what they are doing is a nonsense.
Once had a colleague who was within a whisker of becoming Tory candidate for MP in Coventry. He was a fecking idiot.

Sylar

Daniel Rashford :lol:

I do like Rashfords response of 'ive been called worse' ha!

Danny Roberts

A positive thread about one of our players and you have to be like this. And you spelled "publicly" wrong. Pot v kettle.
It may have been a slightly unfair thing to say but my point has come across wrong. I don't think he's unintelligent I'm just saying that he's proving you don't need to be a bona fide genius to take action in this way and it would be good if others followed his brilliant example. I did also say that I may be judging him unfairly and in retrospect whether my judgement was right or wrong it is only based on a few interviews so is also perhaps unfair.

Anyway, my first comment stands - he's a top man.

As for publicly, publically is an alternative spelling (admittedly an unusual one!).

M16Red

Feed the Scousers, help them Marcus its Christmas time...

At 22 as well, not just a proud fan but a proud Mancunian.

His Mum has done a grand job in raising a well rounded young man.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Marcus showed real class on GMB this morning, refusing to get drawn into criticising Johnson, just said he was glad the PM had changed his mind. And his tweet in reply to a pretty crass (in my opinion) reply from the Works and Pensions secretary was good too

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
"Daniel Rashford". Power move from Matt Hancock, straight out of the Ron Swanson rulebook, intentionally misnaming someone to illustrate they are not important.

Nah, I'm probably give him too much credit to be that sneaky. He's probably just ignorant.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Well done to Marcus Rashford - showing great maturity in his words and actions. :)

diarm

Fair play to Rashford but as a society we need to move away from people expecting other people to pay for their own responsibilities.
Yeah man - I'm sick of these spongeing fecking kids, expecting other people to pay for them to eat. Bring back the sweatshops and let them earn their keep.

Yagami

Good post resistant
"I've been called much worse over the last couple of days"

Have people really been insulting him during this? :( I know Katie Hopkins was her usual self but she didn't insult him.

RUCK4444

"I've been called much worse over the last couple of days"

Have people really been insulting him during this? :( I know Katie Hopkins was her usual self but she didn't insult him.
I thought for a minute you said Katie Hopkins has insulted him, I was about to camp in her Twitter page and vent like fook.

Who has been insulting him? Seriously? Absolute internet trolls who will amount to nothing I bet.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Maybe my memory is failing me but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a footballer generate as much political power as Rashford has shown in this instance. He’s unified the nation in a way that many of our politicians fail to achieve and that is an amazing for such a young man. All credit to him, now let’s hope he smashes a hattrick against Spurs and we can get the statue ready!

RUCK4444

Maybe my memory is failing me but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a footballer generate as much political power as Rashford has shown in this instance. He’s unified the nation in a way that many of our politicians fail to achieve and that is an amazing for such a young man. All credit to him, now let’s hope he smashes a hattrick against Spurs and we can get the statue ready!
Yeah I can’t remember a footballer overturning govt legislation on something off the top of my head.

The thing is, he’s set such an amazing example that it’s hard for politicians to not follow his lead. And that’s feckin impressive. Sky is the limit now, keep the Rashford movement rolling :)

Goes to show what somebody with great character and determination can achieve in his position.

Snuffkin

Needs to knock it on the head now and have a good night's kip. Don't want to see him subbed off at 2-0 down and Spurs fans clapping him from their sitting rooms.

el3mel

So proud to have such a character in our team. He has become a great role model of everyone.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Never heard about this until now but this is amazing. 2.8 million? Hands-down my favorite footballer now. This is an actual role-model. I never want to hear any Rashford slander again.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
George Weah is president of Liberia