Rashfords hopeless on the right...

Terry Chango

I'm not sure the OP is trying to criticise Rashford at all. As I understand it, the poster is simply saying playing him out of position renders him relatively ineffective, which is true for just about every player.
I suppose "hopeless" is an exaggeration, and that's the one thing I'd challenge
why create the thread then..we all know it’s not his preferred choice and his performance will drop off as a result of playing here. even ole knows this but he wanted to accommodate pogba

he’s just stating the obvious whilst being negative about rashford for no reason at all.

The fact other posters are trying to seriously contribute to this thread is mental IMO.

He or she didn’t use the word hopeless for no reason

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This.I”m obviously not having a go at Rashford,I”m criticising the manager for constantly playing him out of position.If need be,keep him on the bench but please don’t mess up the balance of the team by constantly playing players out of position...
Your thread is about Marcus Rashford’s performances on the right of our attack. You don’t even mention Ole by name and use the phrase ‘the manager’ once. Your focus is squarely on Rashford, so I’m not buying this weak back track about it being about the manager.

As for Ole playing people out of position ‘constantly’ can you give another example because I can’t think of any? If he did Maybe Bruno and AWB would have had some rest before now and VDB might have got a bit more game time!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's playing through injury. I don't know why there are so many complaints about his form when it's clear for all to see that he is not at a 100%.

That he still affects games and gets in goals and assists is a testament to his abilities.

I have no idea why Ole doesn't rest him to be honest. Maybe Rashford himself fears losing out on an England place in the summer.

SAF is the GOAT

He gives us the option to play Pogba in the left and have both our wings active.

When Marcus is on the right AWB is more involved in the game.

Pogba made a lot of space on the left wing for Shaw when he was holding the ball.

Nikelesh Reddy

Poorly formatted post
Your thread is about Marcus Rashford’s performances on the right of our attack. You don’t even mention Ole by name and use the phrase ‘the manager’ once. Your focus is squarely on Rashford, so I’m not buying this weak back track about it being about the manager.

As for Ole playing people out of position ‘constantly’ can you give another example because I can’t think of any? If he did Maybe Bruno and AWB would have had some rest before now and VDB might have got a bit more game time!
Nobody cares whether you buy it or not,nobody’s here to convince you...Read the OP,it clearly states that “even though he’s not comfortable playing on the right,the manager keeps sticking him there”..Sorry I should have said “Ole”,not the manager to make things less confusing for you...

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don’t think he’s hopeless anywhere. I just feel he’s not yet the sum of his parts in any position. I still think he’s an unbelievable player in the making.

Withnail

The thing is I don't think he's actually hopeless from the right at all.

It's not his favoured or most common position so he isn't totally comfortable out there but he's got 2 goals and 1 assist in 7 on the right and 10 goals and 3 assists in 22 while on the left so it's not a huge difference in output.

Given a run on the right, I think he'd be fine. If we're playing him out there to accommodate Pogba on the left and the team is more effective then I'm all for it.

As others have said it has to be noted he's clearly carrying a knock for the past while.

luke511

Stop playing him on the right in big games :mad: He's inconsistent enough when he's on the left, never mind on his unnatural side..

lilcurt

He has 3 bad games for every 1 good lately. I'll put it down to playing through injury but then you have to look at the coaching letting it happen.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It's not his best position and his form has been pretty patchy all season so not surprising.

Marwood

It's awkward for him, legs look like stilts.

What he can do is cross from the right so lets have more of that at least.

stw2022

Rashford is worse the longer he spends on the ball. Instinctively he’s fine. The early ball he played earlier on. If he takes multiple touches then put the house on him running into a cul-de-sac. I don’t think his brain is anywhere near as good as his legs

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Poor Rashy just looks so unnatural out on the right, like Bambi on ice

If we're gonna go with Pogba on the left Rashford needs to be on the bench

stw2022

I don’t see why playing on the right justifies the massive dip in his overall quality. He’s not being asked to play in goal. Should quality players see such a huge dip in quality when playing slightly out of position?

I don’t buy it

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He has 3 bad games for every 1 good lately. I'll put it down to playing through injury but then you have to look at the coaching letting it happen.
I’d say it’s closer to 4 or maybe even 5 bad games for every good one. To be top class he needs to reverse that form at some stage. I thought he was ok in that half, same as usual this season but he was pressing a bit more and he stuck in a few crosses which I think he doesn’t do enough of.

luke511

I don’t see why playing on the right justifies the massive dip in his overall quality. He’s not being asked to play in goal. Should quality players see such a huge dip in quality when playing slightly out of position?

I don’t buy it
A big part of Rashford's dribbling game is a fake shot and feint. On the right he still tries to feint but it's a lot less natural and he ends up holding onto the ball for longer than needed, slowing the attack down. His work rate and overall inconsistency this season hasn't helped either. Alternating between Greenwood and Diallo on the right makes a lot more sense.

SER19

Why is this still happening its like a recurring nightmare. :(

kiristao

We looked so much better once Greenwood came on.
Having said that, it does look like Rashford is playing with an injury because his workrate isn't even what it used to be. I can understand not being effective when played on the right but not working hard enough should not have anything to do with the position one plays in.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s basically Obertan on the right and that’s not hyperbole.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I really don't know what is going on with him this season. He's always gone on runs in and out of form, but his poor performances are significantly outweighing his good performances recently.

Playing with injury is being used as a common excuse, but if that's the case we can't just let this situation linger on. Both Ole and Rashford himself need to manage his game time better if injuries are causing that much of an issue. Dunno how much of a break he'll be getting in the summer, so we need to pick and choose his appearances more wisely for the rest of this season.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Horrific form lately, whereas Greenwood has been playing well for a month or so now. No idea why Rashford continues to get the nod.

Lentwood

I would argue that Rashford is no longer in our best XI.

I will get criticism for saying that but Pogba and Fernandes have to play on this season’s form, Greenwood is a better RWF and Cavani is a better CF

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People keep saying he’s not fit but there’s not that much evidence of it is there? He just looks passive and not very switched on.

Copa Mundial

Rashford is absolutely dreadful playing on the right. To be fair though he's not been much better down the left recently. If Pogba plays on the left Mason must start on the right.

SAF is the GOAT

Its too long of a period that Rashford doesn't manage to beat a defender in a 1on1 dribble. That fact isn't related to where he's playing. He has too many touches on the ball and it looks like he rarely does the right choice. He always tries to walk through a "wall" of defenders and "bangs" his head in it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looks like we are buying Sancho.

Ole values a player who can keep the width and provide crosses on one side.

zenith

Looks like we are buying Sancho.

Ole values a player who can keep the width and provide crosses on one side.
We really should be in for Sancho. There is a gaping whole on the right side of our midfield and he is much needed to add balance. Not to mention, we will then have very high quality cover for rashford if he's tired or injured or both.

Bebestation

We really should be in for Sancho. There is a gaping whole on the right side of our midfield and he is much needed to add balance. Not to mention, we will then have very high quality cover for rashford if he's tired or injured or both.
As well as Diallo is a left footed inverted forward alongside Greenwood.

Sancho will be able to play as a touchline winger on the right whilst providing some cover for Rashford who has been run to the ground.

jamesjimmybyrondean

As well as Diallo is a left footed inverted forward alongside Greenwood.

Sancho will be able to play as a touchline winger on the right whilst providing some cover for Rashford who has been run to the ground.
Sancho isn't a touchline winger. He likes to cut in too

Bebestation

Sancho isn't a touchline winger. He likes to cut in too
Okay maybe not a touch line winger but I dont think he will be able to cut in from the right wing all the time in the PL to be honest.

When I watch Rashford on the right, I can see Sancho replacing him on the right as that creative player that is able to give us some width.

I think we saw this with Daniel James at the start of Ole's tenure - gave us some width but also a play that can cut in on the counter attacks.

It's that upgrade on Daniel James season 1 that Sancho should come as - if he came for just an inverted forwards role as a LW or a RW I dont think he would be worth nearly 100 million for us because he does things that Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Diallo and Daniel James arguably does for us. However, that creative RW is still a rarity in the squad and he will need to balance his cutting in and touchline winger type gameplay to get the best of it in the PL especially against the low block teams.

Longshanks

I would still start him over greenwood on the right just about, not much in it though.

It's not his best posistion but he is still a big threat and I wouldn't of thought many left backs will fancy facing Rashford, also he works to create space for A.W.B and we seem to get more offensively from A.W.B because of it giving us a better balance, when greenwood plays there everything comes down the left and the only threat down the right is the quite often selfish greenwood.

Godfather

The thing is with Cavani looking pure class up front, Pogba in brilliant form on the left and Greenwood looking much more natural on the right there is no place for an out of form Rashford in our best 11.

Might be a blessing for him as he hasn't looked really fit in a long time.