Rashford's record against the top 6

He has been around for like a decade, surely faced them more than that?
Started 15 games v. Liverpool, scored 7. Almost 1 in 2.

Started 12 v Arsenal, 6 goals.

Started 12 v Spurs, 6 goals.

Started 16 v Chelsea, 6 goals.

Started 16 v City, 6 goals.

Add in Barca and PsG and it’s an absolutely astonishing record for a left winger considering how shit we’ve been as a team/club since his breakthrough.

Last edited:

Herman Toothrot

He was very good yesterday. Something looks to be clicking with the passes and overlaps on that left hand side, even without Shaw. Certainly helped having a wingback there instead of Lindelof.

Couldn't believe he missed that last minute chance to win it, but I suppose it inadvertently set up something even more memorable in the end.

arnie_ni

I know. I am saying that this has been the expectation of him (as per last season) and its not sustainable. Same happened to other players.

We have seen consistent decline of our better players for the same reason. Pogba, Bruno etc
I think it is close to sustainable. He's a very very good player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Add in Barca and PsG and it’s an absolutely astonishing record for a left winger considering how shit we’ve been as a team/club since his breakthrough.
Hattrick vs Leipzig too, they were good team at that time.

Mike Smalling

Official website has a compilation of all his goals against top six opposition. Link.

There is some absolute stunners among them.

RuudTom83

He is very deadly against the top teams, you could over simplify and just say it's because those teams don't sit back against United so Marcus has more space to counter-attack.

But regardless his record is still impressive.

Jordi Cruyff 99

I love how Rashford apologists keep referring to him as a left winger while omitting further context concerning a role. He is not a left winger in the traditional sense. People for years have continued to argue in favour of Rashford while despite his superstardom the club has won heehaw of significance. Once Man Utd is rid of Rashford it will be no coincidence that performances will improve. He is a horrific example and erodes squad culture. Young players look to this mope earning millions and he barely busts a gut and just moans constantly on his social media. He’s insufferable.

I love how Rashford apologists keep referring to him as a left winger while omitting further context concerning a role. He is not a left winger in the traditional sense. People for years have continued to argue in favour of Rashford while despite his superstardom the club has won heehaw of significance. Once Man Utd is rid of Rashford it will be no coincidence that performances will improve. He is a horrific example and erodes squad culture.
Young players look to this mope earning millions and he barely busts a gut and just moans constantly on his social media. He’s insufferable.
Fuxk me if I had a quid for every player sale that would be a magic bullet. :lol:

We’ve played lots of games down the years without Rashford, we never magically got much better.
I imagine you were also convinced the same would happen post Pogba?

I don’t follow any players on social media but just had to have a gander at Rashford’s after your whining here, I don’t see any constant moaning? In fact, I’ve seen more insufferable moaning from you in the past two days than I can see on his insta in the past two years.

Last edited:

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
I love how Rashford apologists keep referring to him as a left winger while omitting further context concerning a role. He is not a left winger in the traditional sense. People for years have continued to argue in favour of Rashford while despite his superstardom the club has won heehaw of significance. Once Man Utd is rid of Rashford it will be no coincidence that performances will improve. He is a horrific example and erodes squad culture. Young players look to this mope earning millions and he barely busts a gut and just moans constantly on his social media. He’s insufferable.
The "context concerns" you refer to have no statistical or empirical value, the cold hard fact is we win more games when Rashford plays, and we score more goals when Rasford plays.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Barely busts a guy? Will be interesting to see who tops for the number of sprints in ManUtd team. Will be very surprised if it isn't Rashford

lsd

The Oracle

Only on the cafe can United fans criticise Radford for scoring

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

So because football has evolved from playing a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 we should preface any reference to Rashford as a winger with the context of him not being a traditional winger like Beckham or Giggs? I assume you're consistent in that regard by correcting anyone who refers to the likes of Salah, Saka and Vinicius as wingers?

Dion

So because football has evolved from playing a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 we should preface any reference to Rashford as a winger with the context of him not being a traditional winger like Beckham or Giggs? I assume you're consistent in that regard by correcting anyone who refers to the likes of Salah, Saka and Vinicius as wingers?
I would assume his argument is slightly more nuanced than that, even by modern 4-3-3 roles, Rashford plays left wing in the same way Mbappe did for most of his time at PSG (although he's central now). It's more of a hybrid striker role than just a pure inverted winger like Saka/Olise. Vini jr and Leao are probably somewhere between those two extremes.

I should add I think he's totally wrong on Rashford, but his argument is likely more depthful than "he's not like Beckham".

AFC NimbleThumb

You’ve quoted a post that simply lists his stats & called the guy ‘an apologist’.

This fanbase is a spoilt bunch of cretins.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You’ve quoted a post that simply lists his stats & called the guy ‘an apologist’.

This fanbase is a spoilt bunch of cretins.
Hey, don't lump us all in with him. As you can tell by the number of people ridiculing his post, his views represents a minority of the fanbase.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Hey, don't lump us all in with him. As you can tell by the number of being ridiculing his post, his views represents a minority of the fanbase.
Fair point.

Just he’s not the only one to undermine anything positive our players do lately.

I’d sell them all but a number of posters would have you think these guys struggle to put one foot in front of the other.

Rashford is far from the greatest United player ever but when idiots say him leaving will cure all issues they need to be called out for that shite.