Rashford's record against the top 6

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Lukaku pointing to his teammates where and when to press put me a in a mind of a boss that just got sacked but he/she didn't know. No, you're no longer under the protection of Jose Moanrinho, so stop trying to play president and do some running.

Similar to di Maria, if we can get 50 mil for him, I'd let him go yesterday.

el3mel

Almost all of these were winning goals or the first one to unlock the game, not just goals after the game is done too. Magnificent record in such young age.

kundalini

Rashford 8 goals and 2 assists in 17 starts 8 sub in PL against City/Chelsea/Liv/Ars/Spurs

Martial 6 goals and 3 assists in 22 starts 7 sub in PL against City/Chelsea/Liv/Ars/Spurs

Lukaku 1 goals and 4 assists in 13 starts 3 sub in PL against City/Chelsea/Liv/Ars/Spurs

(apologies if any errors. Short on sleep right now)

Lukaku pointing to his teammates where and when to press put me a in a mind of a boss that just got sacked but he/she didn't know. No, you're no longer under the protection of Jose Moanrinho, so stop trying to play president and do some running.

Similar to di Maria, if we can get 50 mil for him, I'd let him go yesterday.
Di Maria was (arguably) a world class player. Wouldn’t be surprised if we have to send Lukuku on loan to get rid of him.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Love everything about Rashford, but I feel he needs time in the gym, as he seems to be getting muscled off the ball in a lot of 50/50 situations.

MyDevil

That is impressive stats. Lukaku is going to find it tough to displace Rashford now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Love everything about Rashford, but I feel he needs time in the gym, as he seems to be getting muscled off the ball in a lot of 50/50 situations.
We already have one striker addicted to the gym, no need for another!

Cloud7

Goals against the “big 6” shouldn’t be the only way to judge whether a player is good or not.

Look at Suarez in his final PL season, he scored roughly 50% of his goals vs teams in the bottom 5 or so.
Even when he wasn’t scoring Suarez was a monstrous player though. He was always creating havoc for whoever he came up against. It wasn’t his last season, but the game against United where Kuyt scored the hat trick against us, for example, Suarez was the one who destroyed our defense that day. When Lukaku can do something like that then we can talk about not just judging just his goals.

Canagel

He looks like how he played under LVG again. Jose was not the best manager for him at that stage. Jose may have been the best manager for him when Rashford is close to his peak.
Jose is not the manager for any attacking players.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Feed the Rash and he'll get the goals. I hope he stays injury free and gets this run upfront for at least the rest of this season. Sell Lukaku in an elaborate exchange with Dybala at Juventus when Ronaldo goes to jail. Buy centre-half, full-back, replace Matic and win league. Seems almost too simple as one types it out...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He hasn’t even started his incline to peak years. There is so much more to come from this kid. He’s only going to build that mental sharpness further. Easily easily can beat Rooney’s record
I don't know if he can "easily" beat Rooney's record, but I hope he does.

A Mancunian Academy graduate as the club's all time goalscorer has a nice ring to it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dunno about Rashford but Kane vs Lukaku stood like this in August:

Lukaku is a flat track bully and nothing more. Hopefully doesn't start a top 6 game for us again in the league. Offload in the summer please.
Bit harsh. Lukaku was motm at home to Spurs and Chelsea last season. Set up the winner vs Spurs. Scored and set up the winner vs Chelsea. Played well at home to Liverpool too, setting up Rashford's first goal. Played well away to Arsenal.

People have short memories. He's out of sorts atm but let's not be silly

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He's now scored against every team in the top 6 - so impressive considering he's only 21

Man City - 2
Liverpool - 2
Chelsea - 1
Arsenal - 2
Spurs - 1
City (demichellis) and Liverpool goals my favorite. :drool::drool:

Listar

I always can't comprehend why there is a need to praise one player by degrading another teammate when they are both from the team you support.

MUmyteam

Rashford is doing a very good job. Ole is definitely a wonderful coach to him. Keep scoring. We are climbing up the table.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The best part about our young attackers (martial, lingard, Rashford) is that they all seem to have a very good record in big games. Think both Martial and Lingard are only missing one of the big 6 to complete the set?
I think Martial has scored against all of them already.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think Martial has scored against all of them already.
You're right, forgot about the City goal this season. 2 vs Chelsea, 1 vs arse, 1 vs City this season, winner vs Spurs last year, debut vs liverpool. Maybe some others in between but those are what I remember.

Lingard is missing Spurs and City I think.

Yeah I reckon as things stand someone will be getting a bargain in Lukaku during the summer.
When we sell Lukuku, I couldn’t care less if he turns out to be a goal machine for another club. He’s not shown the right attitude and application here, and he’s not the right type of player for us.

I really don’t see a top club buying him. We only did, as we literally had no one to play upfront.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not very consistent with your opinion though are you...
I'm 100% consistent despite your best attempts to try and suggest otherwise (seriously dont you have anything better to do with your time). He'll be the best attacking player to come from the academy for that I'm sure, whether his best position is as a number 9 though is another matter

SiRed

Easy to forget how old he is sometimes.

I will admit, for a few months i have been calling him at work as being over-rated. The new Danny Welbeck and so on. It felt to me like he would frequently dribble to ball out for a throw in, trip over the ball and bamboozle himself when trying a skill move. Since Ole has come in he has been nothing short of remarkable. He is now our first choice forward and i am happy to admit i was wrong. His confidence.... Like all the players it seems, was shot!

The Mou effect!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's now scored against every team in the top 6 - so impressive considering he's only 21

Man City - 2
Liverpool - 2
Chelsea - 1
Arsenal - 2
Spurs - 1
he'll convince me if he gets a hat-trick against liverpool. ha ha

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Really disappointing that was. Late sub when you're winning, your job is to try and get a breakaway chance sure but the very minimum you have to do is make runs so your team have an out ball and run yourself ragged and harass the opposition.... it's only 20 mins?
I think his job was to hold it up and defend when needed. which he did right up until that final break away but I guess he's the next one for the caf to attack just as people did with carrick and rooney

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think his job was to hold it up and defend when needed. which he did right up until that final break away but I guess he's the next one for the caf to attack just as people did with carrick and rooney
That's sort of what I said but also (as someone who's fresh vs players who have played 70 minutes), he should get around and close them to slow the ball out of defence. He didn't.

That isn't attacking a player. That's a comment about one game.

Chill.

M Utd

He's certainly bulked up in the past year or two. I think he is about right currently. I'd worry if he gained any more muscle that he'd lose some of that explosiveness. Pace normally remains about the same with muscle adjustment (to a degree) but acceleration is normally the first indicator that there too much muscle mass.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Lukuku has scored 2 in 18 (now 19) appearances against the top 6 whilst playing for Utd. That’s utterly appalling.
I remember the goal against Chelsea at home last season, don’t think he has another one?

M Utd

I'm not one for calling for playing to be shown the door after one bad performance but I would say that I was a little surprised that he didn't work the channels better. There were a few occasions where we were pinned in and it went wide to a fall back. At this point you'd expect that a forward player would move to that side of the pitch to make an easier target and also to improve the chances of winning the ball. Who knows it could have been bad positioning on his part of perhaps he was instructed to do this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Goals against the “big 6” shouldn’t be the only way to judge whether a player is good or not.

Look at Suarez in his final PL season, he scored roughly 50% of his goals vs teams in the bottom 5 or so.
You are comparing Suarez with Lukaku?
Come on buddy....I realise Lukaku is a MUFC player, but you need to be careful who you compare Lukaku with.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Please. No more "bulking up". :D

When will football fans realise that wrestlers do not make good footballers? :lol:
Have you learnt nothing from weight gain of Lukaku and Memphis?
EPL footballers in 2019 need to be waif-like, but also strong. For me, Vardy is the exact type of physique which will do well as a striker in the EPL. Not surprisingly, he always seems to play with energy, pace and has great stamina.
Now, take a look at Rashford - his physique is already very similar to Vardy.
I am not quite sure where the idea has come from that a good footballer, can double up as a wrestler. We already have a Lukaku in our team and he can barely run for more than 10 minutes before looking gassed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not just against the big six.

Rashford has 149 appearances and 40 goals in the senior squad.

To put some context on that, Ronaldo had 31 goals when he it the same appearance number.

I'm not suggesting Rashford is 'as good' or anything. But some think hes been a bit underwhelming last season. His first three years have actually been remarkable.
One of Rashford many qualities is that even when he is not playing that well he doesn't hide or drop his head or shurk his responsibly.

Not only a fantastic prospect but a real tryer with an excellent work ethnic.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Perhaps now people will stop referring to him as Gashford (:mad:) or making ridiculous, unfounded comparisons with Danny Welbeck.

Red_toad

I'm 100% consistent despite your best attempts to try and suggest otherwise (seriously dont you have anything better to do with your time). He'll be the best attacking player to come from the academy for that I'm sure, whether his best position is as a number 9 though is another matter
My time management far outweighs your opinions consistency.

Lj82

This. Lukaku provided an aerial out ball today when he came on which is exactly what Ole wanted from him. Rashford played pretty well again today and scored a cracking goal but can still get more clinical. Neither of their performances is relevant to the other.
I said pretty much the same in another thread, but you can see very clearly that most people in this forum just dislikes Lukaku

Robertd0803

When we sell Lukuku, I couldn’t care less if he turns out to be a goal machine for another club. He’s not shown the right attitude and application here, and he’s not the right type of player for us.

I really don’t see a top club buying him. We only did, as we literally had no one to play upfront.
Yeah someone like West Ham would only be delighted to take him. And you are right he will be a goal machine somewhere else but looking like it won't be here.