Rashford's record against the top 6

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I always thought it was the typical top 6. If not, then the record could change every week. I.e. playing against a team in the top 6 one week, then against another team in the top six the following week.
I get that but scoring against Newcastle’s defence is probably a better accomplishment than Chelsea these days. Having said that he did it this season as well at Wembley.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always thought it was the typical top 6. If not, then the record could change every week. I.e. playing against a team in the top 6 one week, then against another team in the top six the following week.
Like goals vs Leicester who were champions once and maybe relegated now

cyberman

It should be top 6 of that season without specific teams mentioned.

Chipping in on the top 6 talk. It should really be the big 6. The biggest 6 teams in the country. Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs.

Spurs in danger of losing that status to Newcastle.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Correct.

Chief123

Chipping in on the top 6 talk. It should really be the big 6. The biggest 6 teams in the country. Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs.

Spurs in danger of losing that status to Newcastle.
Remember when Spurs had the audacity to be included in the Super League as one of the big six :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Proper big game player. Regularly has a tangible impact in our biggest games.

El Zoido

It’s really remarkable and not talked about enough. Vardy got more plaudits for it, time for Rashford to get his.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Apart from the goal, he's been shit. Overrated beyond belief.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The agenda against Rashford on here and some other places is absurd at times.

Since the start of last season, he has scored in three matches against Arsenal, scored the winner against City, scored a crucial 2nd goal against Liverpool, scored against Chelsea, scored against Barcelona away and scored in a cup final.

He's our most important player.

He seems to get more abuse, compared to some others, because he's homegrown. It's bizarre.

Mike Smalling

Another one. Yes, he missed a great chance to end it in 90 minutes. Yes, he's had a poor season.

But he has managed to get goals vs. Arsenal, Spurs, City and Liverpool this season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It can’t be ignored. I so want to love Rashford. But wow he makes it difficult.

LInkash

Couple of big misses but look at Haaland, even the most elite of strikers miss even easier chances

vanrooney

with hojlund back an him on the left he will come good again. happy for him and the whole team.

tothetop96

It’s crazy. The teams he’s scored most against in his career in order are Leicester, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs. He’s the opposite to Lukaku

KjaAnd

It’s crazy. The teams he’s scored most against in his career in order are Leicester, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs. He’s the opposite to Lukaku
Yeah, it's crazy. Probably has to do with us playing more counter-attacking football against the top sites (albeit not today) which suits his skillset more than games where we have to break down a compact team.

FujiVice

Does this mean Rashford "owns" Van Dijk, like they say Torres did with Vidic?

Woziak

He's scored 7 in 9 versus Liverpool which is some record.
Klopp loves him, if Klopp goes to Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern in a couple of years, he’ll bid for Marcus, seriously loves him. Even today in his interview he said he caused Liverpool problems with his pace.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Klopp loves him, if Klopp goes to Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern in a couple of years, he’ll bid for Marcus, seriously loves him. Even today in his interview he said he caused Liverpool problems with his pace.
For our shit-eating, ex-scouse clown of a friend, special price of £120m

AFC NimbleThumb

He absolutely does. His lack of effort and attitude *at times* is appalling. He has everything to be world class if he just put forth consistent effort.
Have to agree to disagree mate.

Bunch of armchair psychologists looking for a person to blame & always will be with the boy. He doesn’t make you anything you don’t chose to be.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Whatever your opinions of him, you cannot deny that he's consistently and incredibly productive in games against high profile opponents in crunch situations.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He absolutely does. His lack of effort and attitude *at times* is appalling. He has everything to be world class if he just put forth consistent effort.
No one would be world class in this team over the last 10 years

You also over state his talent. He is a good player but not up to carrying teams to titles he was less talented than Martial and Pogba.

He is a good player who should be supported by better players.

Im not going to comment on his perceived attitude. He had a good season last year not good one this year. His inconsistency is the main issue but people criticised better players than him for the same (e.g Nani)

Fact is the club shouldn’t have given him a crazy contract but we are where we are

* 7 v Liverpool
* 6 v Arsenal
* 6 v Spurs
* 6 v Chelsea
* 6 v City

Then we have some big goals & performances against the likes of PsG & Barca also.

Then there’s the league cup final last season and that massively important away goal in the semi final of our Europa League win. Think he’s been dealt a bad hand, in a fully functioning top side he’d be brilliant, he’s just not so good he can rise above it when we’re shite.

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

You also over state his talent. He is a good player but not up to carrying teams to titles he was less talented than Martial and Pogba.

He doesn't need better players to make an effort and make better decisions on the ball. Thd team for years has been built to maxinise his gifts. He has only used it to his advantage in like 2 of 8 seasons

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

No player carriers the team to titles, it's a team game. Very Good team and great coach is what it takes to win the titles.

KdB is awesome player and City won league with 99 points when he missed almost all season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No player carriers the team to titles, it's a team game. Very Good team and great coach is what it takes to win the titles.

KdB is awesome player and City won league with 99 points when he missed almost all season.
I know. I am saying that this has been the expectation of him (as per last season) and its not sustainable. Same happened to other players.

We have seen consistent decline of our better players for the same reason. Pogba, Bruno etc

Great point.

And also look just how poor many Liverpool players were last season when the collective went through a bad time.