Rashford's record against the top 6

Yeah someone like West Ham would only be delighted to take him. And you are right he will be a goal machine somewhere else but looking like it won't be here.
I don’t think he will be a goal machine here or elsewhere, but if it turns out that he ends up being a great goal scorer elsewhere, then the club won’t have any regrets. He has absolutely nothing else to his game.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Rotten comparison. Suarez was (is) a handful for every opponent. Even when he wasn't scoring/assisting in that season he was constantly creating trouble with his pace and energy. Lukaku is just a static dinosaur. He will score goals against poor opponent if you feed him enough chances but that's all he offers.
Even when he wasn’t scoring Suarez was a monstrous player though. He was always creating havoc for whoever he came up against. It wasn’t his last season, but the game against United where Kuyt scored the hat trick against us, for example, Suarez was the one who destroyed our defense that day. When Lukaku can do something like that then we can talk about not just judging just his goals.
You are comparing Suarez with Lukaku?
Come on buddy....I realise Lukaku is a MUFC player, but you need to be careful who you compare Lukaku with.
Calm down guys. I wasn’t even comparing the 2 of them. I was merely stating that judging a player on his goals against the top 6 is not the main way to assess a striker.

Calm down guys. I wasn’t even comparing the 2 of them. I was merely stating that judging a player on his goals against the top 6 is not the main way to assess a striker.
It is a way, and you wouldn’t expect the same ratio, as his overall ratio. But when Lukuku’s record is 2 goals in 19 appearances against the top 6, and 0 in 5 in the CL this season, it’s a good metric to use in conjunction with looking at his overall goal contribution and his actual play aside from scoring.

LuckyScout78

Its like everything in life. The challenge will get harder when you higher up the level of your opponent. Just like in boxing. Peoples just argument he has just box old guy and things like that. And its true. The level of opponent is one of the factor of your success. In business or whatever.

But i have written in another thread that i said and recommendend Pochettino to buy a new top top CB and CM like Van Dijk and Kante. Then Poch and Spurs will rise their chance to win premier league. In some way. Dier was on the bench. He had Sanchez who i dont follow to much. A cb partnership with Toby and Vert. Who both are noth the quickest in the first metres. Both of them dont have the top acceleration. STand so high and left the whole big space to Pogba deliver that assist passes and with Rashford acceleration and speed. If was definitive suicidal in football language. You dont give a quick player like RAshford that space, special with Toby and Vert as Cb.
But i hope Poch wont buy new Cbs or cm so United have a chance to get higher on the table in the years to come. Eric Dier is more athletic and maybe a bit quicker. So it might work. But Toby and Vert as regular cb partnership over a whole season. You will lower your chance to win premier league.

And not only against big teams. Other factors behind RAshford success/goals and assist. Rashford was really good and score many goals under LVG. With only Martial as regular factor and support. And with Ole, a more free attacking minded manager/a factor. Better attacking teammate than under LVG like Pobga.

Rashford + Martial(factor) = many goals + Pobga + Ole = naturally more goals than under LVG. If the reasons/factors are changing the result will naturally change too.
If it the factor is positive in attacking way. Then you dont need be a rocket science to figure it out. Success is a result. Then behind a result there are always reasons and factors. Include opponent. And the last and most important factor. The invisible factor good karma/luck/things goes your way. Inlcude everything on and off the pitch.

So not only because of Ole. Never sentimental. My mind told me and i recommended to buy RAshford on Fantasy premier league. Because all of the factors that would lead to goals and assists. And naturally the goals and assists came. You get to have take everything factors/reasons into the counting. Before making a decision. And you have to know the level of every factors/reasons. It your heart will not help you much here. Only right perspective and view that belong to mind. But not ours human and sentimental mind and view.

Everything is happen for a reason or two or more. Find the reasons/factors then you will find your way to your goal/the result.
There are many and alot of factors behind success. This is just a quick example

Will/How much you want(factor) + Give a promise then it will help you keep going, because you dont want to break your promise. It will be easier to give up without a promise when you special want to achieve something big + Hard work + experience/practise/skills + teammates/helpers + opponent and rivals + invisible factor like good karma(no bad acts in the past) and luck = success

So if the level of the factors are changing, the result/success will change too. Success is like everything in life,a meal. There are different units/factors that make a meal. Then i might have forgot a factor like you do with a good purpose. Like Apple Jacob or someone is doing big thing with a good purpose. The best for the most, not only for ours ego. But if the factor good karma and luck is so so high. Then that person will achieve something big, even it will end negative. High good karma + with a negative purpose = success but with not a positive result. Like you use the success and power in a wrong and negative way.

So again, in the end. Only right perspective and views will lead us on the right path. Right perspective, right analize, right acts = good result/fate
And perspective and view belong to mind, not heart. We view things with our mind. Not with ours delusional mind. But with ours beautiful enlighented mind;)

Last edited:

Canagel

My favorite goal of his still remains West Ham upton park game. A goal that enapsulates Rashford as player.

Patrick08

My favorite goal of his still remains West Ham upton park game. A goal that enapsulates Rashford as player.
Yeah, that was a superb goal. My favorite remains the Liverpool one given the circumstances and quality of the build up and finish.

Aarron Swift

Of course a huge part of it were LVG & Jose’s Tactics just not being friendly to a striker like Rashford but I had always thought Rashford was a little too lightweight to play up front as the lone striker in the middle & his overall finishing was too inconsistent, very happy that he’s proving me wrong during this run

As for my favourite Rashford goal, for me has to either of his goals vs Liverpool at Old Trafford last season

Of course a huge part of it were LVG & Jose’s Tactics just not being friendly to a striker like Rashford but I had always thought Rashford was a little too lightweight to play up front as the lone striker in the middle & his overall finishing was too inconsistent, very happy that he’s proving me wrong during this run

As for my favourite Rashford goal, for me has to either of his goals vs Liverpool at Old Trafford last season
LVG's tactics were fine for both martial and rashford they did well under him. It's Jose that was the problem.

moodyred

I think the same was said about Ronaldo when he was younger. He also tends to over dribble and losing the ball often, when he first played for United. SAF helped him develop into the player he is today. OGS will do the same for Rashford.

10 goals in 30, vs 1 in 23 from Lukuku - this is exactly the reason we needed to get rid of the unfit, fat feck. Good riddance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
3 v Chelsea
2 v City
2 v Liverpool
2 v Arsenal
1 v Spurs

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
10 goals in 30, vs 1 in 23 from Lukuku - this is exactly the reason we needed to get rid of the unfit, fat feck. Good riddance.
Rashford and Martial are pretty much as good as Lukaku and have A) IMO more room for improvment/a higher ceiling and B) are better fits for top clubs due to being more technically gifted.

Good to see Rashford developing this habit of scoring against the better teams.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Rashford and Martial are pretty much as good as Lukaku and have A) IMO more room for improvment/a higher ceiling and B) are better fits for top clubs due to being more technically gifted.

Good to see Rashford developing this habit of scoring against the better teams.
i'd say they're already better overall players than him but they're not at Lukaku's goal scoring level which is still an issue. Sure he was shite against the top six and a limited striker but this is a guy who averages a goal every two games and hit 20+ PL goals in four out of the last five seasons. I don't think either of Martial or Rashford are ready to hit those sort of numbers yet, but hopefully I'm totally wrong and at least one of them will break 20 this season.

mav_9me

But I thought he was rubbish and lacks football inteligence.
I know you are being sarcastic but others are not. I don't think he lacks football intelligence, in fact his runs are extremely intelligent. I think where he is lacking a bit is in technique/touch/dribbling say compared to Martial, but he makes up for it with a great mentality and with always being willing to try even if it doesn't come off in his first 10 tries.

Lebowski

After one game he has now scored twice as many goals (2) against the top six than Lukaku managed in the entirety of last season.

He seems to get a ridiculous amount of stick on here, but the lad is absolutely fearless- as his penalties against Chelsea and PSG proved.

I'm so pleased he's now our first choice penalty taker. He could score two and call his agent and ask him to put out a statement saying he wants to leave the club in the time it takes Pogba to complete his run up.

Maticmaker

The important thing about Marcus is he keeps on learning, some times he pauses for a while to let things sink in, then he's off again showing he can continue to learn and to assimilate his experience into his development.

Don't think he's anywhere near his peak yet, lots more to come.

Robin Your Persie

His first touch and finish for the second goal yesterday was first class.

Would love to see him score 20+ prem league goals this season and cement himself as one of the best strikers in the league with Kane, aguero and augbameyang.

Last edited:

Handré1990

The important thing about Marcus is he keeps on learning, some times he pauses for a while to let things sink in, then he's off again showing he can continue to learn and to assimilate his experience into his development.

Don't think he's anywhere near his peak yet, lots more to come.
Most definitely. Marcus’ development has been pretty easy to trace. Martial not so much.

IRELANDUNITED

I'd like him to hit 25 in all competitions this season, but that's almost double of what he's managed in a single season before..

Crashoutcassius

Prob been posted 50 times but some players will be good against possession teams and some will be good against park the bus teams. Rashford vs lukaku in nutshell

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Feed the Rash and he'll get the goals. I hope he stays injury free and gets this run upfront for at least the rest of this season. Sell Lukaku in an elaborate exchange with Dybala at Juventus when Ronaldo goes to jail. Buy centre-half, full-back, replace Matic and win league. Seems almost too simple as one types it out...
:eek:

Are you Woodward in disguise!?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
After one game he has now scored twice as many goals (2) against the top six than Lukaku managed in the entirety of last season.

He seems to get a ridiculous amount of stick on here, but the lad is absolutely fearless- as his penalties against Chelsea and PSG proved.

I'm so pleased he's now our first choice penalty taker. He could score two and call his agent and ask him to put out a statement saying he wants to leave the club in the time it takes Pogba to complete his run up.
In the post match interview he said he isn't. He mentioned that responsibility has been spread around 4 or 5 players and depending on circumstances anyone can take them.

Ban

I know you are being sarcastic but others are not. I don't think he lacks football intelligence, in fact his runs are extremely intelligent. I think where he is lacking a bit is in technique/touch/dribbling say compared to Martial, but he makes up for it with a great mentality and with always being willing to try even if it doesn't come off in his first 10 tries.
Completely agree.

Fracture90

Pretty neat stat tbh, he's only 21 and he scored 9 goals against top 6 opposition in 30 ish something games.

KennyBurner

Lukaku just never did it for us in big games. I remember him missing four chances vs Spurs including an open goal then we lost 0-3. he also missed a sitter at 1-2 to City in 2016 from martial which he directed straight at Ederson and an one on one vs Liverpool at 0-0 after Martial fed him for both. Martial and Rashford are infinitely more reliable. Good times ahead.