Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I think it was Gasperini who said he was sub 11 seconds (without trying hard apparently). But let's see, he's definitely fast.
Not to go on and on but as a comparison, 14 year old Bale ran 100m in 11.4 seconds. Walcott ran 11.52 at 14 both at HS. British Under 15 record is 11.03 so they were pretty fast and if they continued training could have been a problem.

NFL Deion Sanders ran 10.21 fresh outta HS. The NFL's Tyreek Hill ran 10.19 IN HIGH SCHOOL (2nd fastest time in HS American history). Now I appreciate he could have been between 16-18 but these are times comparable to actual competing athletes on the national and world stage. British Junior record is 10.21 for example ( junior being 16 to 19 years). So these NFL athletes were as fast as the fastest ever junior British sprinters, whilst being the same age.

Ekeke

Reminds me of Vlahovic. Certainly looks enough of a talent to bring in and compete for the striker spot

Lyng

Would love to see Rasmus with us. He is the most clinical Danish striker talent I have seen in many years. And he is physically very strong.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Two of the hottest young striker prospects in European football are passionate United fans. If we don't end up with either of them I'll be upset.
You can just sense two other PL teams will pick them up in quick swoops while we spend all Summer ‘weighing up’ and ‘preparing’ our bids.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You can just sense two other PL teams will pick them up in quick swoops while we spend all Summer ‘weighing up’ and ‘preparing’ our bids.
This years excuse will be ‘while the glazers decide to sell or not’ 6 months after bidding process

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This years excuse will be ‘while the glazers decide to sell or not’ 6 months after bidding process
:lol: Could very well see that. We’ve somehow packed 6 months of action into the last 10 years of real life time, seemingly.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
A good friend of mine who is a top scout says he’s already got an agreement in place with Newcastle. They’ve been tracking him for 18 months.

The Urban Goose

He looks like a United player, unlike that ugly Cumberland sausage squeezed into a condom called Haaland. Sign him up.

bucky

Quite, but I'm pretty sure they haven't written anything about concrete United interest. I can't find it and it would have been all over the Danish press.
Thank you. Well, hopefully there is some truth to it, he looks promising.

ClassOf'99

Rashford + Osimhen/Hojlund + Antony

If we could secure then for <€160m then our attack would be sorted for the next few years and no more needing to shoehorn players like WW into the frontline

No7UTD

Any Danish reds want to give us an honest opinion on the lad? Have to admit I've never heard of him.
he had no breakthrough in Danish football.
he runs a lot and is very fast.
he has a tough shot.

Woziak

A good friend of mine who is a top scout says he’s already got an agreement in place with Newcastle. They’ve been tracking him for 18 months.
There is one thing, he’s a united fan so it’s not impossible for us to gazump Newcastle.

Lyng

he had no breakthrough in Danish football.
he runs a lot and is very fast.
he has a tough shot.
Well that doesnt say much. Some of the best players in the world where turned down by danish clubs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would love to see Rasmus with us. He is the most clinical Danish striker talent I have seen in many years. And he is physically very strong.
He seems to have both strength and some skill too. What would you say his potential is like on pure natural talent?

Lyng

He seems to have both strength and some skill too. What would you say his potential is like on pure natural talent?
If he works hard and focuses on his game (which he has so far to be fair) he could become our best striker since Elkjær.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like him a lot but he is in the same boat as Ferguson and Sesko etc in that their quality and talent is undeniable but they need regular gametime to keep developing. Which they won't get here. But if they wait to move, and they continue to progress they will be prohibitively expensive.
He needed a fecking boat to play on that pitch

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Top striker for such a young age. I remember when we signed martial at a young age and had to add clauses on like becoming the best in the world. Can see us doing something like that with him. Won’t be cheap. We’d have to pay for the potential.

Woziak

I’d like to see the club get two strikers, there are loads of options this summer for the first time in ages we need one experienced option and one young up and coming that is versatile to play across the front 4 positions;

Experienced Option A - Osimimhen, Kane, Vlahovic, Benzema, I Toney* (depending on his ban)

Young Option B - R Hojlund, E Ferguson, B Sesko, Kolo Muani

We should spend £160-180m on these two players and not have to worry about forwards for 6 or 7 years.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Personally I’m not sold on this danish fella yet
He’s been quite brilliant for Atalanta, his goals tally is not quite reflective of his overrall performance. The more games he is starting the greater he is impacting them now. He has been a brilliant foil for Lookman as well.

Drizzle

I’d like to see the club get two strikers, there are loads of options this summer for the first time in ages we need one experienced option and one young up and coming that is versatile to play across the front 4 positions;

Experienced Option A - Osimimhen, Kane, Vlahovic, Benzema, I Toney* (depending on his ban)

Young Option B - R Hojlund, E Ferguson, B Sesko, Kolo Muani

We should spend £160-180m on these two players and not have to worry about forwards for 6 or 7 years.
I like the thinking, but I don't think the specifics are realistic at all.

Firstly, some of those young option Bs will be north of £70m, maybe near £80-90m in some cases.

Secondly, they will all see themselves as the main guy in the next 2 seasons and will need a lot of persuading to come to United to sit on the bench for 70% of the time watching Kane (eg) be clear first choice for at least 3 seasons. I think someone like Benzema may work better here as they could definitely see the transition being sooner rather than later. It would also work better with Kolo Muani as he could play across the front line and could definitely get games as a wide forward even if there's a more senior striker.

Another way of looking at it is getting in a young striker as our Option A, and the backup being a cheaper older striker who would be fine playing 20-30 games a season. A kind of upgraded Weghorst. Eg a Fullkrug, Belotti or Giroud (just examples).

daba

Don’t see them splashing out on another CF now they have Isak with a very competent Wilson as back up and plenty of other areas in their squad to invest in.

Roboc7

Why not both?
I agree could get both for less than Kane or Omishen so plenty of money to spend elsewhere and gives us the two strikers we need. Plenty of game time for both and would be upgrade on Martial who never plays and Wout who never scores

Status
Not open for further replies.