Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinGin

They would get lots of game time. Kane will be 30 and have 3-4 years top left at the elite level and we have would still have 4 competitions to play in. I'd imagine the young prospects would also love to learn from an elite striker such as Kane.

I really hope we don't see the return of Greenwood. That recording showed us everything about who he really is and his inclusion would isolate us from many sponsorships.
The play style of Kane may play more 3-4 years in high level and drop to CM afterwards.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
The rumor about them being required to balance the book is false?! Seems like they can't stop spending.
It's not false. Chelsea need to gain 'profit' from player trading and cut down the salary bill to stay within the FFP rules but once that's done there's nothing to stop the club from investing some money in new players.

Player sales will balance the books in the short term and transfer costs for whoever we sign will once again be spread out over the contract period so basically players being sold for 200M would probably amount to around 150M 'profit' on the books after any remaining book values are removed from the equation, and the same 200M spent on new signings would only cost the club 40M on the FFP calculations for the first year if everyone were on a 5 year contract.

Ideally we should look to trim down the current squad by around 11-13 players, including some loans for the youngsters as well as a bunch of players being sold, and replace them with maybe 5-6 newcomers to come up with an ideal squad size. The latter figure already includes the arrivals of Christopher Nkunku, Malo Gusto and the academy graduate Levi Colwill returning from loan so overall maybe 2-3 new signings in the summer, one of which is definitely going to be a striker.

Fabio Rochemback

We either buy a young striker like this to deputise for and hopefully eventually replace Kane, or stick with Martial. It would be a really bad idea to move Martial on and only bring in one CF (I hope people have finally stopped suggesting keeping Weghorst by now).

Dannn411

We either buy a young striker like this to deputise for and hopefully eventually replace Kane, or stick with Martial. It would be a really bad idea to move Martial on and only bring in one CF (I hope people have finally stopped suggesting keeping Weghorst by now).
Don't think Martial's going anywhere anyways with that salary. Only way he goes is if the contract is run down. But Martial has a tendency of playing well in contract years so best bet for us to give him a 1 year deal on a much lower salary and then shop him.

But yes we definitely need at least two serviceable number 9s in the squad. Two CFs that can easily be starters and can score goals in bunches.

Fabio Rochemback

Don't think Martial's going anywhere anyways with that salary. Only way he goes is if the contract is run down. But Martial has a tendency of playing well in contract years so best bet for us to give him a 1 year deal on a much lower salary and then shop him.

But yes we definitely need at least two serviceable number 9s in the squad. Two CFs that can easily be starters and can score goals in bunches.
Probably should mention that if we're not going for Kane (which I definitely think we should) it gets a bit trickier, because the other options (Muani, Ramos, Osimhen) are all young themselves.

aeh1991

Honestly I'd rather get him for less money than overpaying for Ramos or Muani.

L1nk

If we are genuinely serious on this lad I wouldn't doubt he'd pick us because he is a huge United fan.

If we cannot get one of our top targets for various reasons then I believe Hojlund is the next best scenario, Evan Ferguson looks set to commit longer to Brighton and other options are looking thin, this could be a golden opportunity to grab a young talented striker and pair him with Martial, who is more than likely not going to be able to be sold because of his injury history and current wages.

If Hojlund can establish himself somewhat in a season when Martial's contract expires then I think we'd be good for the season after to either bring in another young forward or a more experienced backup.

Bondi77

Daily Mirror reports we have stepped up the pace and are now winning the race for his signature :lol:

Bondi77

If we are genuinely serious on this lad I wouldn't doubt he'd pick us because he is a huge United fan.

If we cannot get one of our top targets for various reasons then I believe Hojlund is the next best scenario, Evan Ferguson looks set to commit longer to Brighton and other options are looking thin, this could be a golden opportunity to grab a young talented striker and pair him with Martial, who is more than likely not going to be able to be sold because of his injury history and current wages.

If Hojlund can establish himself somewhat in a season when Martial's contract expires then I think we'd be good for the season after to either bring in another young forward or a more experienced backup.
I think we will be getting a very talented young forward back next season

L1nk

I think we will be getting a very talented young forward back next season
You might be right, even though I don't agree with it in the slightest personally and will not be cheering him to succeed.

Bondi77

You might be right, even though I don't agree with it in the slightest personally and will not be cheering him to succeed.
If he is wearing the shirt you will not be supporting the club if you don't.

L1nk

If he is wearing the shirt you will not be supporting the club if you don't.
Then I won't be supporting the club in that manner. I don't want to get into this because i'm not sure how much is allowed to be said about the topic. But i've made my own conclusions on it.

Bondi77

Then I won't be supporting the club in that manner. I don't want to get into this because i'm not sure how much is allowed to be said about the topic. But i've made my own conclusions on it.
Fair enough :)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd be very pleased if we could get any of Osimhen, Hojlund or Ferguson.
I'd be cautiously optimistic if we were to get Kane or Ramos.
I'd be a bit suspicious if we got Kolo Muani but would obviously give him a chance.

Nickosaur

If the club is sold I would love to see:
Kane and Hojlund this summer
Ferguson to stay at Brighton for 2-3 more seasons
Then United buy Ferguson to phase Kane out

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It's not false. Chelsea need to gain 'profit' from player trading and cut down the salary bill to stay within the FFP rules but once that's done there's nothing to stop the club from investing some money in new players.

Player sales will balance the books in the short term and transfer costs for whoever we sign will once again be spread out over the contract period so basically players being sold for 200M would probably amount to around 150M 'profit' on the books after any remaining book values are removed from the equation, and the same 200M spent on new signings would only cost the club 40M on the FFP calculations for the first year if everyone were on a 5 year contract.

Ideally we should look to trim down the current squad by around 11-13 players, including some loans for the youngsters as well as a bunch of players being sold, and replace them with maybe 5-6 newcomers to come up with an ideal squad size. The latter figure already includes the arrivals of Christopher Nkunku, Malo Gusto and the academy graduate Levi Colwill returning from loan so overall maybe 2-3 new signings in the summer, one of which is definitely going to be a striker.
There we would have to add salaries.

But yes, Chelsea have to sell players and before June 30 to enter the balance.

croadyman

If the club is sold I would love to see:
Kane and Hojlund this summer
Ferguson to stay at Brighton for 2-3 more seasons
Then United buy Ferguson to phase Kane out
Yeah same here I am desperate for a sale

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Looks very promising in his debut season, 17 goals in all competitions. Young goalscorer like him is usually rare and hard to obtain.

Its really no brainer, and he wants to join us too, lets go for him!

MattyLT

Fun facts:

Although there's only one 's' in 'Rasmus', it's pronounced as if there were two. In at least one of the Scandinavian languages, "rass" means "ass/arse", and "mus" means "pussy".

So translated from one Scandinavian language, possibly all three, "Rasmus" means "Asspussy" - which I personally find to be a very trans friendly name.

Based on those facts alone, I think United should sign him up.

croadyman

Looks very promising in his debut season, 17 goals in all competitions. Young goalscorer like him is usually rare and hard to obtain.

Its really no brainer, and he wants to join us too, lets go for him!
My only concern is there being too much pressure on him if he's the main number 9

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My only concern is there being too much pressure on him if he's the main number 9
If we go for someone this young I think we’ll have to have a cheaper more experienced alternative who can compliment him / rotate with him so that it’s sort of a duo (even if they don’t play together)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks pretty complete. Would it be right to say that his technical / on the ball qualities are better than Osimhen?

Bondi77

To be a Manchester United player the individual has to thrive under it and not crumble under it and that can happen to the older player as well as the younger one..it all comes down to strength of mind so let us hope our scouts can identify whether he has it or not.

Bondi77

If we go for someone this young I think we’ll have to have a cheaper more experienced alternative who can compliment him / rotate with him so that it’s sort of a duo (even if they don’t play together)
Martial is going nowhere and there will be another talented young man that can play in a central role back at the club so there will be no need to buy another CF.

nainaisson

Fun facts:

Although there's only one 's' in 'Rasmus', it's pronounced as if there were two. In at least one of the Scandinavian languages, "rass" means "ass/arse", and "mus" means "pussy".

So translated from one Scandinavian language, possibly all three, "Rasmus" means "Asspussy" - which I personally find to be a very trans friendly name.

Based on those facts alone, I think United should sign him up.
Everyone played like a "Rasmus" against Liverpool and Sevilla. He'll fit right in.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Doesnt really wow me. Wonder how he would be rated with a different sounding name

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Alright, no more off-topic posts. Thanks! :)

LuckyScout78

Definitely one to watch. Yes he has caught mine eyes too. Playing for Denmark. The top guts and determination was there. He has it.

The the finish, conistency, decision maker and basic ball skills can always improve, to the better.

But the mentality and fighting spirit were there. Clear as day.

zaafi

Vlahovic has more goals in less serie a games.
Yep people getting giddy over a kid who has only scored 7 league goals. Whilst we need a first team striker.
Højlund has 7 goals and 2 assists in 1480 minutes in Serie A.
Vlahovic has 8 goals and 2 assists in 1645 minutes in Serie A.

Not only has Vlahovic played more than Højlund, he is also on penalties and 2 of his goals are from the spot, while Højlund doesn't take them.

In addition to having a better striker instinct and being quicker than Vlahovic, he also has a higher non-penalty xG per 90 than Vlahovic, so how people are creaming themselves over an average striker at best, who is also 3 years older than Højlund, I have no idea. Vlahovic has never scored more than 15 open-play goals in a season, and remember, this is Serie A we're talking about, where the likes of Lukaku, Belotti (not lately) and Immobile are banging in goals. Don't know why people think Vlahovic is the answer to our problems.

Mainoldo

Højlund has 7 goals and 2 assists in 1480 minutes in Serie A.
Vlahovic has 8 goals and 2 assists in 1645 minutes in Serie A.

Not only has Vlahovic played more than Højlund, he is also on penalties and 2 of his goals are from the spot, while Højlund doesn't take them.

In addition to having a better striker instinct and being quicker than Vlahovic, he also has a higher non-penalty xG per 90 than Vlahovic, so how people are creaming themselves over an average striker at best, who is also 3 years older than Højlund, I have no idea. Vlahovic has never scored more than 15 open-play goals in a season, and remember, this is Serie A we're talking about, where the likes of Lukaku, Belotti (not lately) and Immobile are banging in goals. Don't know why people think Vlahovic is the answer to our problems.
So your point is no to Vlahovic but yes to Hojlund as both stats are poor but on is older and knows how to score a penalty?

Well done. I’m convinced Hojlund must lead our line next season.

zaafi

So your point is no to Vlahovic but yes to Hojlund as both stats are poor but on is older and knows how to score a penalty?

Well done. I’m convinced Hojlund must lead our line next season.
Obviously not. The other poster suggested Vlahovic instead, but his stats are even worse than Højlund's, so it's just a bit odd. Of course it's not about Vlahovic being able to take a penalty, but he has less open-play goals with more minutes played.

I don't think either of them are ready for it, but I'd much rather have Højlund than Vlahovic as a back-up to our striker, as I believe he is the more talented of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.