Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be a perfect transfer window that. I do think we have decide if we want depth or we go for Kane. I don't see how we get him and afford depth.
That's seems to be the problem mate. It'll be interesting to see how things develop.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It's the problem with the modern transfer market. This is the sort of player we'd take a punt at for £10-12m in days past. Now everybody wants at least £50m for any remotely sought after player, so filling a squad is a lot more difficult than it used to be

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's the problem with the modern transfer market. This is the sort of player we'd take a punt at for £10-12m in days past. Now everybody wants at least £50m for any remotely sought after player, so filling a squad is a lot more difficult than it used to be
South American market underrated. Need to go after Vitor Roque like City did with Alvarez

bosnian_red

I'd be happy with Hojlund. Looks very good IMO, metrics are very good for 20 as well, but more of a development view which I don't disagree with tbh. Kane there is always the worry due to age, and while I'd love him too, if we want to spread the budget on midfield, GK and ST, then Hojlund is the way to go.

Zoo

Cracking finish. Moves like a proper striker.

L1nk

Other tweet was deleted for some reason

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Not sure we need a marquee player. If we could buy Muani and Hojland that's two very promising strikers to add to what we have.
Marquee is a certified starter. Muani is priced as if he is one. Yet he isn't one yet. In the market now outside of Halaand, certified starters are Kane, Osimhen and Vlahovic.

laughtersassassin

Not sure what this guy would cost but all all day is we need two strikers this summer. One top striker like Kane and one young one with potential

bosskeano

if you can get this kid for a decent price we'd be foolish not to do so...he's a proper #9 with bags of potential. sounds like a kid that Ole tried to sign a few years back

Gerald G

I'd love him but it'd be a massive risk to have him and no other striker. It's a shame Martial isn't up to it because I wouldn't be mad having a good Martial and Hojlund but Hojlund on his own is a massive risk in my eyes. I'd love something like Kane and Hojlund but just don't see how we afford them and a top midfielder.

Despite saying that, we do need two strikers :lol:

Maroon Lucifer

Unpopular opinion, but I don't see anything special in this kid Højlund. But then again, I thought James Wilson was gonna be better than Kane, so my talent scouting abilities are garbage.

Dominos

Left footed striker with good power :drool:
It may not be his position, but do we know if he can also play right wing to any decent level if needed?

It may give us the option of loaning out Amad for another year if we have a left footed striker who can also provide Antony with some competition for his spot.

L1nk

It may not be his position, but do we know if he can also play right wing to any decent level if needed?

It may give us the option of loaning out Amad for another year if we have a left footed striker who can also provide Antony with some competition for his spot.
Actually he can play just behind the striker and on the right side, not as effectively as up front of course but he can and has played there

Scholsey2004

I wonder if we'll look to sign a young striker like Hojlund or Sesko to back up Rashford rather than go for a big money player? I doubt we'll have endless resources this summer and Rashford has put up good numbers up front. The problem is our other players arent scoring enough. Put Rashford back on the wing and he'll score far less.

ti vu

I wonder if we'll look to sign a young striker like Hojlund or Sesko to back up Rashford rather than go for a big money player? I doubt we'll have endless resources this summer and Rashford has put up good numbers up front. The problem is our other players arent scoring enough. Put Rashford back on the wing and he'll score far less.
Rashford has good numbers, but it's debatable that his number in the league is that good from perspective of challenging for the league. And Rashford is not a real CF. Start him upfront if the choice is starting Weghorst, but in long run, we shouldn't rely on Rashford as CF.

I like Hojlund unless internally they think he's ready to be main starter CF, we can't afford to sign him with our rumored budget with the mindset of writing off next season if he failed to adapt. Next season, teams like Liverpool Chelsea pretty much certainly do better. Newscatle both look like here to stay. Spurs, Aston Villa, Brighton can challenge us. We need to improve ourselves if we don't want to get leapfrogged.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he’s perfect to replace Weghorst’s spot because Weghorst’s role is utilised as no 9 or behind the no 9, which it seems people said this guy can also play behind striker role. I highly doubt we will sign 2 strikers unless if we sell Martial.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Based on Fbref (advanced), Hojlund seems to be the kind of striker that can create his own chances and has capability to beat his man (high percentile of his successful take on, carries into final third and penalty).

Unlike Kane or Martial, he doesn’t drop deep to pick up the ball but instead he likes to receive the ball near the opposition goal (high percentile touches in attacking 3rd, high percentile touches in attacking penalty, and high percentile offside). This also shows he‘s not shy to receive or ask the ball.

His number of shots is very low, which is probably the reason why he hasn’t score enough goals. It’s surprised me because for someone who has lot of touches in attacking 3rd and attacking penalty, you would expect him to have more shots but he doesn’t. Hojlund has the movement to allow playmaker to find him in penalty box or final third and he often receive those passes in penalty box or dangerous area means if he can shoot more, it will improve his goals.

Defensively, his number isn’t that good but he commits lot of fouls and high ball recoveries, not sure whether it’s indication he’s pressing kind of striker or no. But it‘s an indication that he’s more an aggressive kind of striker when off the ball.

He’s a different profile to Kane and Osimhen

https://fbref.com/en/players/491a433d/scout/365_m1/Rasmus-Hojlund-Scouting-Report

big_jeffstar

I think I’d be ok with Kane if we can also get in Hojlund to provide a bit of depth and rotation, the cups killed us this year, It would be nice to see rotation in less important games based on choice rather than necessity, when was the last time we saw that regularly?

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Is Vlahovic in that bracket?
He might be in a bracket between those brackets. Better than all these other prospects, not at Kane/Osimhen level but the fee also reflects that a bit. Kane is 100m despite a 1yr deal, Osimhen we would have to sell our mothers to get him.

Plays in a defensive system surrounded by mediocrity because their stars can't stay healthy. He had massive numbers at Fiorentina and banged in 13 in 21 for Serbia despite Mitrovic being the top goalscorer in European qualifiers if I remember correctly. Only 23 but experienced and a proper striker. 1.90m and left footed. 80m is a bit much, but if you could get him for 60, what Atalanta wants for Hojlund, it's an absolute no-brainer.

bosnian_red

Hojlund would definitely be a starter here given who we have. Huge potential but yeah he's young and would be a punt how he adapts which is a risk. It is smarter business signing him for the lower cost, rotating with Rashford, raising the level at GK and midfield and then getting Kane on free next summer if needed.

bosskeano

Hojlund would definitely be a starter here given who we have. Huge potential but yeah he's young and would be a punt how he adapts which is a risk. It is smarter business signing him for the lower cost, rotating with Rashford, raising the level at GK and midfield and then getting Kane on free next summer if needed.
if we have the cash and the ability to buy him, we should, as long as it doesn't impact bring in Kane or Osimhen along with a top class midfielder.

L1nk

If City can fit in Haaland and Alvarez we should be able to fit in somebody and Hojlund. I would actually be disappointed if we bought just 1 striker. But this might depend on us somehow being able to shift Martial

croadyman

If City can fit in Haaland and Alvarez we should be able to fit in somebody and Hojlund. I would actually be disappointed if we bought just 1 striker. But this might depend on us somehow being able to shift Martial
Could see us buying a backup but not someone who costs £60m

Von Mistelroum

Yeah one isn't enough, unless we were to grab Kang In-Lee for cheap on the left side and use Rashford as back up striker maybe.

Crimson King

Yeah one isn't enough, unless we were to grab Kang In-Lee for cheap on the left side and use Rashford as back up striker maybe.
Rashford should be back up to the 2 strikers we need. If Martial goes and we only bring in 1 striker, all it would take is an injury to that player and we'd be pretty screwed. Heck, even with Martial still here I think we'd still need 2 ST, such is his level of reliability.

L1nk

Could see us buying a backup but not someone who costs £60m
From all the noise at least, it seems if we can't get Kane, Osimhen or Ramos then Hojlund would be next on the list, probably with an older cheaper 2nd option brought in

If we don't get Kane at the start I don't see us doing it, I think Osimhen is also a complete no go. To me unless Kane is secured pretty sharpish it's gonna be either Ramos or Hojlund

Status
Not open for further replies.