Gaming Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5) | 88 MetaCritic / 89 OpenCritic

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Very much looking forward to it, but june is too far away. :(

Phil

Might actually be able to get a PS5 to play it on by then!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bojan is a gimp but what does that have to do with R&C?

I'll be livid if he's in the game!

Bojan11

Bojan is a gimp but what does that have to do with R&C?

I'll be livid if he's in the game!
What are you going on about? Don’t make me get Raoul in here because you just attacked the poster and not the post.

Tiber

I have played almost the entire series, and Ratchet and Clank was one of my favourite PS4 games. Really looking forward to this

Ainu

I'm really looking forward to not being able to play this as I still can't get a PS5 by then. :( Seriously, this looks great. These games are always fun.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope Rashy's still doing his free meals otherwise my kid's going hungry while I save up for this.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It looks great. I'd be a lot less pissy about handing €80 over for this than that stupid roguelike.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They've been doing a marketing campaign overnight which ended up with this (If you don't want to be spoiled, ignore the below, otherwise look at how it unfolded in the resetera thread here)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
From a reviewer on Era:

It's hard to get across just how fast things feel with this game. I was playing a pre-patch version and had a couple of crashes. I was back in gameplay in under 30 seconds. It's ridiculous.

One trophy away from the platinum after around 18 hours, just got to find some collectibles that aren't marked on the map!

Some amazing references too. If you think you've seen too much from Twitter/'spoilers', you've seen nothing yet!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/ratchet-clank-rift-apart?ref=hp

89 MC from 59 reviews so far.
89 OC from 71 reviews so far.

Ainu

It's certainly doing well so far. I've only watched a bit of ACG's review. He seemed to have a couple of issues but said it was an absolute blast to play, as you'd expect from a R&C title, and ultimately considered it worth the (steep) asking price. Digital Foundry have a tech review up, that's always fascinating.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Oh it’s very tempting! £70 is a lot though :lol:
It is, and I'm very against the idea of paying that much, but there does seem to be very little else "next gen" on the horizon for a while and I'm itching to actually play something that pushes the PS5 properly so I'm just going for it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Might be the first game this generation that I will buy at full price.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It is, and I'm very against the idea of paying that much, but there does seem to be very little else "next gen" on the horizon for a while and I'm itching to actually play something that pushes the PS5 properly so I'm just going for it.
Yeah true, I did want to play Integrade and play through FF7 Remake again with the patch but may play through this first.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll wait til it drops in price. Games are so expensive now. I saw Far Cry 6 on the store for £89.99 and it wasn't even some Deluxe Edition crap they usually do.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ll pick this up at some stage but only once the price drops. Been in an awful habit recently of buying games full price only to drop them or not spent long enough with them. It will give me a chance to play through the previous ratchet game from the ps plus collection anyway.

Bosws87

Another top notch exclusive, ill pick it up at some point no doubt more then likely after this hot spell disappears.