Gaming Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5) | 88 MetaCritic / 89 OpenCritic

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Will get when the price drops.

Ainu

Excellent in depth video by DF as usual:

The main takeaway is that Insomniac are just an incredibly talented studio. I'm actually stunned by what they've been able to deliver so early in the PS5's life cycle. They've managed to exceed their pre-release trailers in several ways (no more hitches during rift sequences, actual matched resolution RT reflections instead of quarter res). If this is what they're doing now, you wonder how much better it'll get later down the line.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Excellent in depth video by DF as usual:

The main takeaway is that Insomniac are just an incredibly talented studio. I'm actually stunned by what they've been able to deliver so early in the PS5's life cycle. They've managed to exceed their pre-release trailers in several ways (no more hitches during rift sequences, actual matched resolution RT reflections instead of quarter res). If this is what they're doing now, you wonder how much better it'll get later down the line.
Insomniac really have emerged as a fantastic developer on recent years. Quality game after quality game, credit to Sony as well on that.

Ainu

Insomniac really have emerged as a fantastic developer on recent years. Quality game after quality game, credit to Sony as well on that.
Sony have every reason to be extremely satisfied with their acquisition, it feels like Insomniac are pretty much carrying the PS5 through its early stages. Miles Morales and now Ratchet & Clank, that's some seriously impressive output in such a short time frame. Easily one of its most important studios already.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Sony have every reason to be extremely satisfied with their acquisition, it feels like Insomniac are pretty much carrying the PS5 through its early stages. Miles Morales and now Ratchet & Clank, that's some seriously impressive output in such a short time frame. Easily one of its most important studios already.
Insomniac are awesome, yeah. Their games are incredibly fun and full of great humour. They seem to be really good at churning them out in comparison to other studios too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Damn, another highly rated PS exclusive. Looks terrific.

izzydiggler

I’ve always liked Ratchet games but there is no way I’m paying £65+ for it.

like Returnal, I would have bit at £45 but apart from visuals, there’s nothing to make me desperate to play it. Looks good though and will definitely pick it up eventually.

Irwin99

I've ordered this.....that's after whinging about how i'm gonna be careful with PS5 game prices in this era of gaming :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it though. :drool:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I’ve always liked Ratchet games but there is no way I’m paying £65+ for it.
Same. Looks amazing but Ratchet will always be a big discount/PS+ pick-up for me.

Also, the Ratchet & Clank series is almost 20 years old for anyone who wants to feel old like I do now.

Leg-End

Fair play to Insomniac, they are smashing it every single time now.

Will pick this up when it gets to a more reasonable price.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Got mine this morning. I'm very tempted to jump off The Last of Us Pt 2 and fire it up. Although I did jump off Returnal mid way through to start that. :lol:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
First game I preordered since no man's sky which bodes well.

You can get it for 60 if you buy the cdkeys psn credit and pay with that btw.

Tiber

Wasn't planning to preorder (haven't quite finished Mass Effect yet) but went for it in the end. I have always loved Ratchet and Clank

Got it for £61 via shopto, which is a nice discount without having to resort to one of the key-thieves websites

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I shouldn't be in here but somebody tell me... Is the hype real?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ooh just seen an email from Base for pre-order bonuses as well. Wonder what they are. Hopefully a better gun than this puny pistol.

Coming from returnal I need something with some oomf. A tachyomatic carbine with rising pitch would be nice.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ok so the pre order stuff was a cool armour set and a gun that turns enemies into pixels. Nice.

Pulling yourself through those rift holes is a great mechanic.

Only early doors but I'm impressed with how much is happening on the screen at any one time. If anything it's slightly overwhelming.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Performance RT is indeed very good looking. They have been clever in what surfaces/sources are traced, but those that are (largely the puddles early on for example) do show it off rather nicely.

It's a proper next gen game.

Tiber

3 pictures from pretty much the same spot. One is performance. One is Fidelity. One is performance RT.

Which is which?

Massive Spanner

2nd one is definitely performance. Other two.. not sure, I think the shadows in the first are better so I'll say that's fidelity and the last is performance RT.

b82REZ

Waiting for my download to finish. Can't wait to get stuck in.

3 pictures from pretty much the same spot. One is performance. One is Fidelity. One is performance RT.

Which is which?
Without playing it yet, I'll guess Fidelity, Performance, Performance RT in that order.

I'm assuming the consensus is Performance RT is the best mode?

Massive Spanner

Waiting for my download to finish. Can't wait to get stuck in.

Without playing it yet, I'll guess Fidelity, Performance, Performance RT in that order.

I'm assuming the consensus is Performance RT is the best mode?
I stuck it on performance RT instantly and it's incredibly smooth even when there is loads going on so I can't imagine why you'd bother switching to performance. Obviously fidelity is a no go because 30 fps.

b82REZ

I stuck it on performance RT instantly and it's incredibly smooth even when there is loads going on so I can't imagine why you'd bother switching to performance. Obviously fidelity is a no go because 30 fps.
Just had a quick go.

If it looks this good in Performance RT I can't imagine how good it looks in fidelity. But like you, 30fps is a big no no.

I genuinely didn't realise the game had started when it transitioned from the opening cut scene to gameplay. It's almost impossible to tell the difference.