Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

SAFMUTD

4/10

Good signings in Maguire and AWB, but overall I think we ended up with a weaker squad.

Never mind rebuilding to fight for titles, I think we are closer to top 8 than top 4.

ClutchHunter

Not sure how it’s possible to rate a window before a competitive ball has been kicked. Maybe wait to 6-9 months?
See what happened last season, see what's changed with you and your rivals, assess the likelihood of success this season.

I'm positive because we bought two good defenders (finally..) and have exciting youth prospects coming through, but given how little we've spent (net) and how much we likely need to challenge those at the top it's been a poor window.

Best case scenario, the youth all come good and we win the league this season: That doesn't mean that this was a good window. That would be us making the right decision for the wrong reason - namely that the Glazers would rather sit on the cash themselves - at best.

RedCurry

I admire those of you who are on the optimistic side. this transfer window was crap. That's two summers in a row where we did not strengthen our team. How Ed Woodward remains in his job and how some fans are okay with him is beyond me.

AngliaRed

I admire those of you who are on the optimistic side. this transfer window was crap. That's two summers in a row where we did not strengthen our team. How Ed Woodward remains in his job and how some fans are okay with him is beyond me.
Until the whole of OT are in green and gold, and/or boycott games, make a stand together nothing will ever be done unfortunately.

For the glazers and Woodward, its business as usual.

Irishman

Strengthened our defence but have weakened our midfield and attack.

I'm not really shocked anymore by the serious lack of investment.

We are run by parasites after all. They are just doing what they have always done........feeding on their host.

How long before the club dies?

mu4c_20le

"horrible" "disaster" "a joke"

... we've spent 120m addressing two key areas in defense, and a promising pacey winger. IMO, we were only one midfielder or forward away from an amazing window. A bit disappointed that we kept the net spend down, but it's hard to say if top players turned us down or Ed said no to astronomical wage demands/agent fees.

lewwoo

Another piss poor window but not one bit surprised. To think I actually believed for a while we might try and kick on and give Ole a chance this season. When will I learn.

starman

We addressed two highly problematic areas and brought in a player with lots of potential and got rid of Lukaku for good money, so would say 6 so far. 7 if Rojo leaves for 25m and 8 if we somehow bring in a player like Zaha or Werner in the next 22 minutes :)

Name Changed

weso26
Optimistic? I'd call it delusional.

We have a far worse squad than last season. Everyone else is improving.

Treble

5/10

In reality, next season will show whether the window was 2/10 or 8/10. It's all too hypothetical now.

Name Changed

weso26
We addressed two highly problematic areas and brought in a player with lot of potential and got rid of Lukaku for good money, so would say 6 so far. 7 if Rojo leaves for 25m and 8 if we somehow bring in a player like Zaha or Werner in the next 22 minutes :)
How can it be a 7 when we are far weaker than last year? What world are you living in?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
6/10

With 1 of Eriksen/Dybala/Fernandes I would say 8/10

With the above and a replacement for Lukaku in the form of Mandzukic/Yedder I'd say 10/10.

romufc

It is going to be a real good atmosphere inside OT this season.

fps

With the signings, I originally said 5/10.

With selling Lukaku, 5.5/10.

starman

How can it be a 7 when we are far weaker than last year? What world are you living in?
Clearly not in the same world as you when you think signing Maguire and AWB makes up far weaker :rolleyes:
I dont rate Lukaku and didnt want to sign him if thats what you are getting at...

mu4c_20le

We signed the best English CB and finally replaced Young with arguably the best defensive RB in the country. but we are 'far weaker' still. ok

Name Changed

weso26
Clearly not in the same world as you when you think signing Maguire and AWB makes up far weaker :rolleyes:
I dont rate Lukaku and didnt want to sign him if thats what you are getting at...
Regardless of whether or not you like Lukaku he was easily our best goalscorer and the only player who seems to be able to play as an out and out striker.

We still have no right winger.

Our midfield was our worst position and we have let our second best one go, plus Fellaini. Our main midfielder doesn't want to be there. Our main dm can't move anymore.

Great we strengthened our defence but they will be worse than last season because they will have less protection and because of our terrible midfield I would expect us to have far less of the ball than last year.

JoaquinJoaquin

"horrible" "disaster" "a joke"

... we've spent 120m addressing two key areas in defense, and a promising pacey winger. IMO, we were only one midfielder or forward away from an amazing window. A bit disappointed that we kept the net spend down, but it's hard to say if top players turned us down or Ed said no to astronomical wage demands/agent fees.
"deluded"

JoaquinJoaquin

We addressed two highly problematic areas and brought in a player with lots of potential and got rid of Lukaku for good money, so would say 6 so far. 7 if Rojo leaves for 25m and 8 if we somehow bring in a player like Zaha or Werner in the next 22 minutes :)
Time for me to log off

Name Changed

weso26
We signed the best English CB and finally replaced Young with arguably the best defensive RB in the country. but we are 'far weaker' still. ok
We don't have a fecking midfield and we are weaker in attack. A CB and a rb aren't going to keep us the ball in midfield and they arent going to score the goals that we couldn't score last season.

Crimson King

The amount of people bemoaning the fact we didn't replace Fellaini is crazy! We were desperate to get rid of him!

Herrera we will miss and yeah Matic has seen better days, but don't hark back to the good 'ol Fellaini days.

FerociousCorgis

like the defensive additions, and personally like our attacking youth coming up. Content with both those areas.

Hugely concerned about midfield.

mu4c_20le

We don't have a fecking midfield and we are weaker in attack. A CB and a rb aren't going to keep us the ball in midfield and they arent going to score the goals that we couldn't score last season.
You are exaggerating. We handled Fellaini's departure. Herrera was not that influential in his final year with us, he's inconsistent. Losing Lukaku without a proper replacement is the only worry. Hardly far weaker as you put it. We still have the likes of Fred and Sanchez on our books that we can't move on, so they will have to perform.

ash_86

6/10. If we had signed a mid it would have been a perfect window. Our defense looks top class and that would help us play little bit higher up. I think we are going to do well this season with the improved defense.

starman

Regardless of whether or not you like Lukaku he was easily our best goalscorer and the only player who seems to be able to play as an out and out striker.

We still have no right winger.

Our midfield was our worst position and we have let our second best one go, plus Fellaini. Our main midfielder doesn't want to be there. Our main dm can't move anymore.

Great we strengthened our defence but they will be worse than last season because they will have less protection and because of our terrible midfield I would expect us to have far less of the ball than last year.
Your Lukaku statement is your opinion, the guy was trash against top six top teams. Not interested about what he does against cannon fodder. Both Rashford and Martial had a better record than him against the top teams and neither were played as frequently as him in fixed positions

As i said, 5 with the players signed, 7 getting rid of the deadwood and the money we are getting. 8 if we got a player to complete the front 3......9 if we got a CM. 10 if we managed to get rid of the rest of the deadwood...

Name Changed

weso26
You are exaggerating. We handled Fellaini's departure. Herrera was not that influential in his final year with us, he's inconsistent. Losing Lukaku without a proper replacement is the only worry. Hardly far weaker as you put it. We still have the likes of Fred and Sanchez on our books that we can't move on, so they will have to perform.
Herrera was our most consistent midfielder. Plus Pogba performed best with him..he made other players better.

I did not like Fellaini but he was a number that wasn't replaced.

Letting Lukaku go without a replacement is beyond stupid. What exactly will our front 3 be now? Martial Rashford and Lingard? All are inconsistent and none would score the goals of Lukaku.

Our midfield is far weaker. The only quality player we have doesn't even want to be there.

Mac Asimov

Thank feck that's done with :) Relatively decent window. Totally strengthened our defence which was much needed. Looking forward to seeing how the young lads get on this season. Focus on mid / attack next summer.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
so we end up weakened in attack and midfield. Brilliant woodward.. truly a great job done.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If we'd at least got a midfielder, I would have been relatively happy. Considering how Arsenal were the go-to banter club during the transfer window, they've definitely had the last laugh. It's not so much the lack of activity at United (well, yeah it is), but it's the business that challengers have concluded this week that's worrying.

Tottenham have strengthened really well and Arsenal have been very shrewd in the window, fair play to them. Their fans will be buzzing. I'm worried about Wolves, I'm worried about Everton, I'm worried about which Pogba we'll get this season, I'm worried about Matic being Ole's love toy, I'm pissed about Young getting the armband.

So much talk, promise and optimism for the new season. We've got Chelsea and Wolves in our first two games. I just pray we get off to a flyer.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

If it becomes a part of a longer term strategy then it makes sense to start from the back because we leaked goals last year like nobody's business.

Then we go for midfield and strikers next summer.

Means short term pain of just hoping this season goes okay and the younger players bloom into life though. More worried about the likes of Everton, Wolves, Leicester and so on that I am about the rest of the 'top 6' which says it all.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
6/10.

Glad to have defence sorted. Disappointed not to have signed a starting midfielder and/or attacker but at least we didn't sign any deadwood.

Name Changed

weso26
Your Lukaku statement is your opinion, the guy was trash against top six top teams. Not interested about what he does against cannon fodder. Both Rashford and Martial had a better record than him against the top teams and neither were played as frequently as him in fixed positions

As i said, 5 with the players signed, 7 getting rid of the deadwood and the money we are getting. 8 if we got a player to complete the front 3......9 if we got a CM. 10 if we managed to get rid of the rest of the deadwood...
So where will we finish so? 7 out of 10 window is good. You must be expecting us to finished in the CL places.

shabz

6/10 - Defence looks solid finally. If we suffer injuries in other areas, we will definitely be struggling.

SteveW

4/10

Midfield is a desolate wasteland. One injury away from disaster. I'd have said 8 if we'd got a solid CM in.

I'm optimistic about defence and attack