Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

lysglimt

Scout
Incomings: 4/5. Very happy with Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and James. Disappointed in the lack of a top quality right winger.
Outgoings: 0/5. Not a single player member of our deadwood army sold. Instead we've extended several of their contracts.

So 4/10 overall atm.
so you seriously Think that getting players out is equally important as getting players in ? For instance Rojo and Darmian was released - it would have been a great transfer window ? :)

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
6/10 - Pending
The 3 signings that we have made so far are great, I'm 100% confident that each of them will improve us massively, however, we desperately needed to address MF and that just doesn't feel like its going to happen with time fast running out.

If, there was a surprise MF signed before deadline, I'd have to rate this as a very good window.

I'm still optimistic that Lukaku will be shipped out, and I do half expect the window to close with a late incoming deal which will surprise us.

We will have till the end of August to ship out Darmian & Rojo to Europe.

SapperBRed75

5/10. Accepting that we couldn’t have resolved all of our issues in a single window, and our buys so far have been solid. Not enough ‘outs’ to date and our midfield is some way off with the Pogba circus enduring. City start the season with Rodri having joined a fit De Bruyne, Silvas D & B, Gundogan, Fernandinho... oh, and Phil Foden.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If we don't add anymore players after Maguire then it's underwhelming window. We need more additions.

For now it's 5/10.

Suvvernmanc

Awful window. The squad is still full of crap players. We should have got rid of Young, Darmian, Rojo, Matic, Sanchez and Lukaku.

And our midfield and attack are still super week compared to our rivals. By 'our rivals' I mean Arsenal and Chelsea. Even though spurs only finished 4 or so points above us, they are light years ahead of us in midfield and attack. It was only their lack of squad depth and rotation that meant they struggled towards the end of the season.

City and Liverpool are miles better than us in every department.

In my opinion we have an opportunity to catch up to some of these teams. Spurs are likely to have a period of time to settle in as they have a couple of new players and are losing a few. Chelsea have a ban so cant strengthen and obviously they have just lost the PL best player (imo). Liverpool aren't going to spend it seems. Arsenal are still shit at the back.

If we could have got a top midfielder in and a top attacking player in replacement of Lukaku, plus the signings of Maguire, AWB and James, I think we could challenge for top 3. If we bring no one else in we will struggle again and will be challenging for top 4 but ultimately facing a battle with Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal again. Realistically 5th or 6th is where we will be at come the end of the season.

Our only shining light when considering the scenario of not bringing in a couple more players is our youth players and whether they are good enough to step up this season. Gomes, Chong and Greenwood are all great young talents but are probably not ready this season.

Edit: 5/10 window as it stands

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Greedy owners and incompetent idiots running the club/10.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
3/10. No replacement for Herrera or Matic. No creative CM to lessen burden on Pogba. No RW. No striker. None of the dead wood cleared out.

One good thing is no Ashley Young finally.

But it's absolutely no where near to the required standard after the shambles last season.

Another long slog of a season is looking extremely likely.

Unless Ole is a miracle worker, he's simply set up to fail.

Last edited:

Infra-red

3/10.

Defence strengthened, midfield weakened, attack pretty much the same (will be weakened if Lukaku is sold without a replacement).

Leaves us with a solid, if unspectacular, defence, woefully short in attack, and with a laughably bad midfield where the only player of requisite quality desperately wants to leave.

Overall, a significant failure on the part of the club that will likely cost us dearly next season.

Dong Fangzhuo

4/10. We had five positions in dire need of signings and only filled two of them. I'm also ambivalent on Maguire, especially for that kind of money.

BulgarianDevil91

7/10 for sure. We improved two areas that were lacking in the past decade, with only a class RW and CDM left to have a near perfect starting XI. Seems other clubs want to milk us hard, so it probably slows negotiations, which is why we couldn't reinforce better, but I definitely am happy.

MUFC OK

5.5/10

Uninspiring but necessary incomings, still missed out on a midfielder and first xi RW. Huge fees for each.

Outgoings have been nonexistent despite claims of wielding the axe after the Everton defeat last year, these players will cost us dearly when they play.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
6/10. Very happy with AWB and Maguire and that we seemingly have fixed the defence. We desperately need someone to take Matic' place asap though.

bondsname

6/10. A major issue has been our defence which has hopefully *knock on wood* been sorted out with Maguire and AWB. James is an interesting prospect that can go either way, but he has the right mindset and can be useful coming of the bench.

What I am most disappointed with is not acquiring a CDM and a striker, but to be fair there's not a lot of options.

Overall it's a decent window.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'd say if we were coming off the back of a decent season then you could say it's a 7 or 8 out of ten as we've addressed 2 of our biggest problem areas. But we haven't come off the back of a decent season and we're still fecked in midfield and for goals so it's more like a 4 or 5.

Superunknown

5/10

Maguire and AWB will both be good/great long-term signings for us. We needed a new CB an RB and now we have two good quality players with high potential ceilings in these areas.

But, the Lukaku/Dybala transfer has fallen apart, which is disappointing. More so because it now probably means that Lukaku will either stay (when he doesn't fit Ole's plans or style of play) or he goes to Inter with no possible replacement. How are we going to recoup the goals that he added in previous seasons?

The midfield needs sorting out and to not get a central midfielder is disappointing. We are essentially relying on Pogba being up for it every week and then also asking players like McTominay, Fred and Pereira to step up or to go up another few extra gears. It's our most pressing concern at the moment.

BlueHaze

3/10 for me. Happy we got AWB and Maguire also like the signing of Dan. However the fact that we've ignored the midfield and attack is shocking but not surprising considering the people in charge. The fact we let Arsenal out of everyone sign Pepe when we are so desperate for a RW sums up our window for me, an absolute joke.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
See my original post
But your original post was your opinion of what was needed and if you really thought everything was going to be addressed in one window then it's your head that needs a 'wobble'

MUFC OK

6/10. A major issue has been our defence which has hopefully *knock on wood* been sorted out with Maguire and AWB. James is an interesting prospect that can go either way, but he has the right mindset and can be useful coming of the bench.

What I am most disappointed with is not acquiring a CDM and a striker, but to be fair there's not a lot of options.

Overall it's a decent window.
I think it's becoming fairly evident already that he's no way near ready to be the player we wanted him to be, not his fault.

I'd give it until October before many on here are calling for him to be loaned out.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
3/10 so far. Excellent additions to defence, however all of that good work is wasted by lack of ruthlessness in getting players out and our complete failure to strengthen in midfield and attack. We just aren’t aggressive or proactive it’s so frustrating.

settembrini

so you seriously Think that getting players out is equally important as getting players in ? For instance Rojo and Darmian was released - it would have been a great transfer window ? :)
Fair point. I am probably wrong about giving them equal importance but I do think getting rid of the deadwood would have been a great thing for us to do this summer. Partly because I think many of our younger players are better than the seniors who play instead of them but also because of the message it sends to the remaining players. I feel like at United currently there seems to be zero consequences for players who don't perform and bad players just get constantly rewarded with game time and new contracts. Compare that with City where after Guardiola's first season he got rid of 10+ players. From that window on their players have given everything because they knew what would happen if they failed to perform. Our squad culture feels so entitled and complacent compared to theirs and I can't see us ever competing with them until we get more ruthless.

Water Melon

5/10 if Lukaku is sold and no one else is bought. CDM and RW positions need to be addressed asap.

stepic

So you gave 4/10 and people who gave 5/10 should give their head a wobble :lol:
he said more than 5.

which is pretty accurate. we have solved the RB and CB problems, but the midfield is still lacking. i can forgive them not resolving RW if we have Sancho as the plan next year. but midfield is still weak. no excuse for why we haven't sorted that out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
he said more than 5.

which is pretty accurate. we have solved the RB and CB problems, but the midfield is still lacking. i can forgive them not resolving RW if we have Sancho as the plan next year. but midfield is still weak. no excuse for why we haven't sorted that out.
My bad, read it as 5/10.

Dozer

4/10

The back four is set but we have less quality in midfield with Herrera's departure. Fernandes coming in would elevate it to a 6/10.

Struggle to give any higher than that when we still haven't addressed the right wing (James is better on the left) or DM (Matic has had it, and McTominay is more box-to-box)

Von Mistelroum

4/10.

We signed a couple of potentially good defenders, but we've failed to add to that, and we've failed to ship out the deadwood and the players who are taking the piss. To challenge for top 4 we would need at least another midfielder and that's assuming Lukaku and Pogba stay and actually play well.

SammyUnited_83

Just can't see where another signing comes from, with 3ish days left you would have thought there would have been more smoke around who else might come in.

5/10 for me.

Sterling Archer

- 2 / 10 - we have undone any progress by extending the likes of Rojo, Young and as much as I love him, Mata.

Kag

5/10

Good defensive signings but we are weaker in central midfield (Herrera is brilliant) and we look likely to go into the season with the same attack - albeit I expect us to improve under Ole’s direction.

Ultimately, we haven’t improved where we are weakest. Many will disagree with that, but the consistent problem the team has had ever since Ferguson retired is scoring goals. The defence was poor last season but more of that was down to Mourinho’s self-implosion that destabilised the entire team.

We’ll concede goals (more or less) in line with our rivals this season. Our rivals will blast our goals tally out the park again, as they have done since 2013 - even if Ole gets us playing in a more attacking fashion.

ash_86

7/10. Solid window for us. Would be a 9 with a midfielder signed. Anyway we've fixed our defense and kept Pogba and DDG. onward and upward

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
3/10

We've improved our defence significantly, but have got weaker in midfield and up front (assuming Lukaku leaves)

We also haven't sold Rojo and Darmian, two players who are well down the pecking order at this point... Also in an ideal world we'd get Sanchez off the wage bill, but that was going to be difficult to do.